Holykael

If God has no biases how does god choose?

19 posts in this topic

I have never found a satisfactory answer to this question. Out of infinite possibilities, the current reality was somehow chosen over all the other possibilities. Allegedly god is completely unbiased so how would god come to a decision as to which reality to design. How does an unbiased being even do anything, builds a particular ego and makes decisions about the particular circumstances of a reality. 

Are all possibilities generated first or does god build a particular reality out of nothing one at a time. Reality seems to be so handcrafted and interconnected that I find it hard to believe that all possibilities were generated first and then a choice was made. That seems more like a computational process of procedural generation as opposed to someone meticulously painting a canvas which is what god seems to do.

While god is eternal, so is the infinite set of possibilities completely eternal. God could spend infinity exploring a smaller infinity of all the possible variations of this form, or all possible variations of this single reality but that seems too limiting. If god has to choose out of an eternal set of options wouldn't there be some kind of criteria for choosing the most optimal realities. Is this criteria static or ever changing, what is even the criteria and how do we get over the problem of no bias. Once a decision was made we can say that implied a bias for that decision. Im really struggling to accept the existence of a being with a complete lack of self bias. Wouldn't god maximize love or something like that. 

God has no wants or needs but it constantly makes instantaneous moment to moment decisions on how reality is being run. Art seems to be the name of the game but any art implies a choice, a theme, a bias.

Edited by Holykael

2 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

There's no duality between God and "a choice", or the options he/it could choose from. God is all of it.

That doesn't answer the question. Just because you're it, you still have to choose between what you are as opposed to what you could be in the present moment

37 minutes ago, Holykael said:

If God has no biases how does god choose?

Through the biases that It doesn't have.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Personally, studying evolutionary dynamics opened my eyes to the beauty and intelligence of the universe. If you want to equate evolution with God making choices, there you go - it's maximizing diversity and richness, and whenever I feel a really deep connection to life, it definitely feels like it's maximizing beauty and love.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Metaphysics can easily unravel into a mess of linguistic confusions, but infinite possibilities create, in perception, a single actuality, because that single actuality only may exist by itself---or else it wouldn't maintain its structure. So obviously that's why one reality appears to us and not, say, twelve different realities that all infringe upon each other's rules / patterns / forms. But still there are abstractly infinite possibilities, because formlessness is compatible with all forms or infinity with all finites. If other actualities besides this one exist to match all of those possibilities, then they are inaccessible because yours and them are both equally infinitely "sovereign" as Leo would say.

God isn't real IMO. Nobody on the planet doesn't think of God as "entity who reigns supreme above us". It's a pretty good in the same way 5-MeO is nicknamed "The God Molecule". And it does tick the boxes for God but not for the reasons thought of. It is all knowing, technically, because all knowing takes place within it, made of it.

There is reality. When you take away the supreme sentient creator notion, then would you still think it has choice? Does reality itself choose things? It is sentient if you are for the same reason above, because any sentience is within it and made of it.

13 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

God isn't real IMO. Nobody on the planet doesn't think of God as "entity who reigns supreme above us". It's a pretty good in the same way 5-MeO is nicknamed "The God Molecule". And it does tick the boxes for God but not for the reasons thought of. It is all knowing, technically, because all knowing takes place within it, made of it.

There is reality. When you take away the supreme sentient creator notion, then would you still think it has choice? Does reality itself choose things? It is sentient if you are for the same reason above, because any sentience is within it and made of it.

It does choose things from moment to moment. How do I keep looking at the clock at 13:33. Because god is willing my body to check the clock at that precise moment.

As a little sidenote this is how synchronicities are possible. It's all a game god is playing with itself. It's a particular orchestration of reality followed by a focus of the individualized mind on the orchestra at the right moment.

But back on topic, the universe is making a choice to move my body all the time. Every single thing in existence is a choice. Choice for words, choice for what to write on these forum posts. you are god writing to god. there had to be a choice of words, of what to say. God has to choose the weather, the news that will come out, what is written on twitter posts, what is posted to reddit, what will your mother say next.

There is only one puppetmaster engineering all interactions and facets of reality that exist, it is making choices all the time. Reality itself is the art of this supreme creator. The creator is also the creation but that's besides the point. The universe is pure awareness, sentience and constant moment to moment choices.

Edited by Holykael

2 hours ago, Holykael said:

I have never found a satisfactory answer to this question. Out of infinite possibilities, the current reality was somehow chosen over all the other possibilities. Allegedly god is completely unbiased so how would god come to a decision as to which reality to design. How does an unbiased being even do anything, builds a particular ego and makes decisions about the particular circumstances of a reality. 

Are all possibilities generated first or does god build a particular reality out of nothing one at a time. Reality seems to be so handcrafted and interconnected that I find it hard to believe that all possibilities were generated first and then a choice was made. That seems more like a computational process of procedural generation as opposed to someone meticulously painting a canvas which is what god seems to do.

While god is eternal, so is the infinite set of possibilities completely eternal. God could spend infinity exploring a smaller infinity of all the possible variations of this form, or all possible variations of this single reality but that seems too limiting. If god has to choose out of an eternal set of options wouldn't there be some kind of criteria for choosing the most optimal realities. Is this criteria static or ever changing, what is even the criteria and how do we get over the problem of no bias. Once a decision was made we can say that implied a bias for that decision. Im really struggling to accept the existence of a being with a complete lack of self bias. Wouldn't god maximize love or something like that. 

God has no wants or needs but it constantly makes instantaneous moment to moment decisions on how reality is being run. Art seems to be the name of the game but any art implies a choice, a theme, a bias.

What you are struggling with is paradox.   Be OK with it because God IS paradox.   It can be nothing else because it is One.   Thus choosing this reality must be paradoxical in nature but at the same God must pick SOME way reality is to unfold.   That's OK.  You're having a problem with this because it's God but God has no issue with it   it's perfection and total.   You do.  It's actually you that is being biased! ?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

22 minutes ago, Holykael said:

It does choose things from moment to moment. How do I keep looking at the clock at 13:33. Because god is willing my body to check the clock at that precise moment.

As a little sidenote this is how synchronicities are possible. It's all a game god is playing with itself. It's a particular orchestration of reality followed by a focus of the individualized mind on the orchestra at the right moment.

But back on topic, the universe is making a choice to move my body all the time. Every single thing in existence is a choice. Choice for words, choice for what to write on these forum posts. you are god writing to god. there had to be a choice of words, of what to say. God has to choose the weather, the news that will come out, what is written on twitter posts, what is posted to reddit, what will your mother say next.

There is only one puppetmaster engineering all interactions and facets of reality that exist, it is making choices all the time. Reality itself is the art of this supreme creator. The creator is also the creation but that's besides the point. The universe is pure awareness, sentience and constant moment to moment choices.

Where's the moment of decision in this?

Free is different from free will, I think.

17 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Where's the moment of decision in this?

Free is different from free will, I think.

I'm assuming that it is instant and direct because infinite consciousness can make these decisions instantly and more impressive than directness is how it's all done through the subconscious.

The subconscious has the free will, the conscious or the ego then feels things as if it is all deterministic. And that's how you collapse the duality of free will and determinism. It's both at the same time

Edited by Holykael

31 minutes ago, Holykael said:

I'm assuming that it is instant and direct because infinite consciousness can make these decisions instantly and more impressive than directness is how it's all done through the subconscious.

The subconscious has the free will, the conscious or the ego then feels things as if it is all deterministic. And that's how you collapse the duality of free will and determinism. It's both at the same time

Well then it's still coming up the chain of command, that way it is going subconscious -> conscious... Where did the subconscious get the decision from?... If it was a choice to say, go to McDonalds or Burger King, then somewhere in the chain the two things have to appear as options. What chooses the options?

Things like this, and also ideas like the God of Abraham, or materialism, causes infinite regress. Which I think is usually a signal that it's not accurate... Choice itself is "dual" as you are deciding on A and not B, etc. At some point something has to just be. Not choices chosen through options chosen through options chosen through options etc.

27 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Well then it's still coming up the chain of command, that way it is going subconscious -> conscious... Where did the subconscious get the decision from?... If it was a choice to say, go to McDonalds or Burger King, then somewhere in the chain the two things have to appear as options. What chooses the options?

Things like this, and also ideas like the God of Abraham, or materialism, causes infinite regress. Which I think is usually a signal that it's not accurate... Choice itself is "dual" as you are deciding on A and not B, etc. At some point something has to just be. Not choices chosen through options chosen through options chosen through options etc.

Reality is like a movie that is playing out. The world is dead. The world is just appearances. These appearances are not being. What's being is the formless consciousness that is in the background making the appearances manifest. The being is in the level of this IAM awareness, this formless consciousness. The manifested reality is not being. It is being manifested and the IAM awareness has chosen for it to manifest in a particular way. There is no lag in this, it's instantaneous.

God's only biases are 1. to know itself which is what we call Love/Free Will and 2. Perfection (because it is infinitely Good and Has no biases then he obviously would create the best reality posibble, so there is a linguistic paradox that BECAUSE God has no biases it creates his "bias" (not really a bias) for PERFECTION/LOVE. And it just so happens that the reality that you are experiencing is this choice made out of 1.desire to know itself 2. Perfection. 

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

I just had a very realistic dream that gave me insight into this.  Perhaps no decision is necessary.  God could dream every possible dream all at once, because time does not apply to God, it only exists within each of the dreams.
Your mind is then shut off to all the possibilities except for your current reality.  Like a prison or a sanctuary depending on how you want to think of it.

In my dream, I was trying very hard to determine whether it was “real” or a dream.  In the dream, it actually seemed real.  I could only become conscious of the logical inconsistencies and lack of proper contextualization to events after I woke up.  The reason is that in the dream, you lack access to the part of your mind that can know these things, and logically reason in this way.  This makes the dream seem real

I think it’s the same way in your current waking reality, you currently lack access to the omniscience and omnipotence of God, so you believe yourself to be some kind of human living in some world. (This is the level I’m still at as well)

The reason for this is that for God to fully know itself it must experience each part of itself individually and fall completely into its own illusion…

As Leo likes to say, Ta Daaa

1 hour ago, Holykael said:

Reality is like a movie that is playing out. The world is dead. The world is just appearances. These appearances are not being. What's being is the formless consciousness that is in the background making the appearances manifest. The being is in the level of this IAM awareness, this formless consciousness. The manifested reality is not being. It is being manifested and the IAM awareness has chosen for it to manifest in a particular way. There is no lag in this, it's instantaneous.

Where do you go from "formless consciousness making appearances manifest" to it having CHOSEN for it to be a particular way. They're very different ideas. Having choice (the latter) requires having multiple options to choose from. Those options being ideas. And ideas being appearances. More of the same...

16 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Where do you go from "formless consciousness making appearances manifest" to it having CHOSEN for it to be a particular way. They're very different ideas. Having choice (the latter) requires having multiple options to choose from. Those options being ideas. And ideas being appearances. More of the same...

How does a thought come into existence. It must be created before it comes into your conscious portion of the mind. There are unconscious processes happening that are beyond our understanding because otherwise I'd be awake and we wouldn't be having this conversation, we would be one. Reality is created as it manifests, otherwise you wouldn't be able to orchestrate things like synchronicities. Your subconscious is omniscient and running the show. It has a mind of its own and it can manifest whatever it wants. It necessarily is choosing the current reality in lieu of an infinite set of other possibilities. It's clearly focused on a specific trail of events, otherwise reality would not have a cohesive story

Edited by Holykael

The only thing it chooses is Love, and the rest is the just details that come tautologically from Love's unfoldment.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Holykael If God has no biases how does god choose?

No one is really answering your question. I have contemplated this as well. While there isn't biases in the same way a human personality has, there must be preferences or themes of what we as God want to explore. Reality can be anything God wants, but this reality is very specifically designed. I feel this implies preferences we are currently exploring. Otherwise, reality would be a confusing mix of everything possible. 

Edited by Matthew85

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The only thing it chooses is Love, and the rest is the just details that come tautologically from Love's unfoldment.

@Leo Gura There is a lot more involved than love. There are endless versions of different realties you could create to explore love. The poster is asking why this reality is specifically this way instead of many other ways it could be. 

I feel just because God doesn't have biases in a human sense, there are preferences of what it chooses to currently explore. Maybe you had some insights around this when you remembered why you created your current human expression of Leo.

Edited by Matthew85