Questioner

What is a dream?

58 posts in this topic

The dream or the matrix is often referred to as the experience of being this conditioned character living in a material world in which reality seems to have meaning, purpose and value! (There's something 'I' need to do, find, accomplish or realize)

It could also be said that reality is dream-like in the sense that there seems to be an individual that is born, lives it's apparent life and then dies....(something that comes and goes/not permanent....dream-like.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The dictionary definition of a dream is "a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep". That's all you ever have. Even when you're "awake", your life is a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in your mind. The only difference between the dream at night and the dream you're having now is that this dream seems to be more stable and linear. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not possible to define what a dream is because dreaming is all there is. Any element that you would use to define the dream is within the dream. This is key to realize.

Dreaming is infinite.

I'm curious when you dream at night do you think the characters you encounter are experiencing anything or not? And now that you are awake right now do you think the people you encounter are experiencing anything? 

9 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Leo Gura

Correct, that is also the same thing why you can't define infinity, because the thing which you are trying to describe will include that definition so it's like trying to catch your own tail by speeding up, but the thing is, the tail does too. I think better question to start from is how does dream like reality feel like and/or how can I experience it by myself. To that question there are hell of more to play with instead of the question that was originally asked, because you'll fuck if you even concider trying to answer to that.

Disregarding whether you are conscious or not I want to know if you think the characters you encounter during your dreams at night are experiencing anything or not? And now that you are awake right now do you think the people you encounter are experiencing anything? 

1 hour ago, The Mystical Man said:

The dictionary definition of a dream is "a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep". That's all you ever have. Even when you're "awake", your life is a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in your mind. The only difference between the dream at night and the dream you're having now is that this dream seems to be more stable and linear. 

Do you think the characters you encounter in your dreams at night are experiencing? Do you think the people you encounter when you wake up are experiencing? 

@Questioner

You have wrong approach with your logic, sorry. When you dream a dream at night it doesn't matter if there are other dreams happening outside of that, because you'll not ever meet them anyways, because all there is in your universe are your perceptions. That means that you are alone with your experience and there aren't others. Either you have glimpse into that realization reading this or you keep arguing with lucid character ;D

Who told you that "others" are real?

21 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

because you'll not ever meet them anyways

What if you turn yourself into those entities you perceived as other than you?

21 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

because all there is in your universe are your perceptions.

True and within that framework, you could become for instance Barrack Obama and experience his life from his point of view.

1 hour ago, Questioner said:

Do you think the characters you encounter in your dreams at night are experiencing? Do you think the people you encounter when you wake up are experiencing? 

If we imagine they have their own perspective then they do, if we imagine they don't then they don't.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

27 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Questioner

You have wrong approach with your logic, sorry. When you dream a dream at night it doesn't matter if there are other dreams happening outside of that, because you'll not ever meet them anyways, because all there is in your universe are your perceptions. That means that you are alone with your experience and there aren't others. Either you have glimpse into that realization reading this or you keep arguing with lucid character ;D

You aren't lucid if you think you are dreaming when you aren't. You're just delusional.

Edited by Questioner

@JuliusCaesar "If we imagine they have their own perspective then they do, if we imagine they don't then they don't."

This isn't true. Whether you imagine that I'm experiencing or not doesn't change the fact of whether I am experiencing or not.

2 hours ago, Questioner said:

I'm curious when you dream at night do you think the characters you encounter are experiencing anything or not?

I have not met anyone who thinks this. Have you?

2 hours ago, Questioner said:

And now that you are awake right now do you think the people you encounter are experiencing anything? 

If you are awake you are conscious that you/God, is all that exists.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Leo, I have a difficult time accepting the fact that I'm God and that I'm sovereign. 

In your experience, is it my Will that I want to create the illusion of other so strongly, I create all of you as conscious humans I live out in eternity?

For example, I message you, and in my next life I, Leo Gura message Godishere?

Or is it just literally you are imaginary end of story and I'm waking myself up.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

So to be clear you don't think the characters in your night dreams are experiencing but you do think I am? 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura An updated episode of Life is a Dream would be very helpful.

Rupert Spira says our nightly dreams are the creation of only our finite mind, where our waking reality is a shared dream and creation of many sub minds of the Absolute. I am not saying he is correct, just sharing his viewpoint.

In my own exploration of this I find evidence of both, so I am not sure. For example Leo as we discussed during my OBE's where I was shown the affects of all actions positive and negative on others and how they ripple out. I wasn't shown the affects of my actions on nightly dream characters, only my actions in waking reality. Why would my higher mind give me lesson of the affects of my actions on people if there were no conscious beings to be affected? I speculate from this that there is a difference between people in our nightly dreams while sleeping and waking reality. 

What do you guys think? Is waking reality a shared dream of many sub minds of God or only your personal dream? 

Edited by Matthew85

17 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

Rupert Spira says our nightly dreams are the creation of only our finite mind, where our waking reality dream is a creation of many sub minds of the Absolute. I am not saying he is correct, just sharing his viewpoint.

In my own exploration of this I find evidence of both, so I am not sure. For example Leo as we discussed during my OBE's where I was shown the affects of all actions positive and negative on others and how they ripple out. I wasn't shown the affects of my actions on nightly dream characters, only my actions in waking reality. Why would my higher mind give me lesson of the affects of my actions on people if there were no conscious beings to be affected? I speculate from this that there is a difference between people in our nightly dreams while sleeping and waking reality. 

What do you guys think? Is waking reality a shared dream of many sub minds of God or only your personal dream? 

If we want to be logical and explain the unexplainable, one infinite mind which has divided itself into a million pieces. If we want to be honest, we don't know. 

Non duality just points to whatever is appearing is not two. 

God Realization is the comprehension of how you're doing it (one appearing as two).

Both are true IMO. What's your thoughts?

23 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

Why? It's a gem.  Listen to that enough times and you might awaken :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Godishere said:

Both are true IMO. What's your thoughts?

@Godishere I haven't reached a definitive answer for myself yet. It doesn't feel right to me to believe sleeping dream characters and people in waking reality are the same. My own insights and experiences seems to reveal there is a difference. Given the infinite holographic nature of consciousness I lean toward waking reality being God interacting with other conscious aspects of itself. 

1 minute ago, Matthew85 said:

@Godishere I haven't reached a definitive answer for myself yet. It doesn't feel right to me to believe sleeping dream characters and people in waking reality are the same. My own insights and experiences seems to reveal there is a difference. Given the infinite holographic nature of consciousness I lean toward waking reality being God interacting with other conscious aspects of itself. 

There is nothing outside your door.  It's a dream. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

So why does everyone believe they are the one "true" dreamer. I think that's his point here.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Inliytened1 That may be but I haven't verified that to be the truth yet. 

Consciousness divides itself into layers so I feel we need to explore and distinguish the difference between finite mind and imagination and the other levels of mind and imagination. 

Edited by Matthew85

Solipsism is defined as "only the self is real". And that's exactly correct .the Self is all there is. There is nothing but the Self . The whole trick is how do you define the Self .if you take it to be the human self ..that's just a wave in the ocean. The Self is the entire ocean. We are all the same being. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho