LSD-Rumi

Did anybody watch Carnival 2003?

69 posts in this topic

Is it that good or Leo is just fking with  us? 

I remeber him mentioning it in one of his videos, I think it was about evil and the devil.

Nope, not yet, i just checked out the trailer and wondered why is Leo insisting us to watch it multiple times.

The same case for the other movie i e Crazy/beautiful ,have you watched it?

I watched the pilot. It didn't really hook me, but it could be a good show, if you have the patience and the time to watch it. It might have inspired Midnight Mass.

The problem is that there are so many other great shows that I still have to watch: Better Call Saul, Mad Men, The Leftovers, The Wire, Dexter, and many more. Carnivàle isn't rated highly; it doesn't show up on any of the lists. I first want to watch the shows that are considered to be the best written shows of all time.

Another problem with Carnivàle is that it doesn't have a proper ending, because it got canceled. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

Top top quality show. He mentioned it in a video years ago and I couldn’t find it so I enquired and he said it was on Amazon to watch. Definitely worth the watch. It’s likely not rated highly because the people rating it lack a good level of consciousness to be able to see it for what it is

@DazgwnyNice to hear that! are there any other shows that are comparable to it in your POV? 

Tbh it’s kinda out there on its own really I can’t relate it to any show I’ve previously watched. It was only a couple of seasons if I remember correctly won’t take you too long to run through. Just give it a go

I remember my parents watching this when I was a kid. Seen two episodes cause of Leo’s post, it’s very intriguing and mysterious but the story hasn’t gripped me yet.

Episode 5. Nothing deep yet but the intro :P

Just now, LSD-Rumi said:

Episode 5. Nothing deep yet but the intro :P

I’m just sad that it got cancelled cause of bad ratings after only two seasons

Watched Crazy beautiful, not usually into romantic dramas, but its a great love story, showing a powerful example of actual Love. Selflessness. Brought me to tears two times.

Into season two of Carnival, symbolically speaking, its incredibly profound, and lots of great quotes from the characters, its got a lot there, its well made, the acting is great, the story is unique and gripping. the imagery is also really interesting, how the story is told, etc.. Also the MUSIC is awesome!

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

On 26.7.2022 at 10:23 AM, The Mystical Man said:

I watched the pilot. It didn't really hook me, but it could be a good show, if you have the patience and the time to watch it. It might have inspired Midnight Mass.

The problem is that there are so many other great shows that I still have to watch: Better Call Saul, Mad Men, The Leftovers, The Wire, Dexter, and many more. Carnivàle isn't rated highly; it doesn't show up on any of the lists. I first want to watch the shows that are considered to be the best written shows of all time.

Another problem with Carnivàle is that it doesn't have a proper ending, because it got canceled. 

The Leftovers must be watched, but I feel like 90% of what makes it so deep is Max Richter's score.

Glory to Israel

This is a mature and subtle series, not some Hollywood popcorn flick for the mouth-breathing masses.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is a mature and subtle series, not some Hollywood popcorn flick for the mouth-breathing masses.

I watched the whole first season and did not find anything profound, but it looks like S2 is the real deal.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

So far I can tell it’s incredibly well made and written. Shame it got cancelled for poor ratings. Some of the best early HBO shows had the same treatment (Rome and Deadwood)

35 minutes ago, Scholar said:

The Leftovers must be watched, but I feel like 90% of what makes it so deep is Max Richter's score.

I'm halfway through season two, and I get that sense, too. The writing isn't that profound, but the performances are great. 

If you guys want to watch an intelligent series that isn't boring, I recommend The Sopranos and Six Feet Under. Those two series are HBO's true masterworks. 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@Leo Gura maturity is love, that's why I pray for maturity. Thank you for posting on instagram by the way. That's one off the highlights of my life is seeing your stuff on there. Maturity solves so many problems, family issues, relationship issues, work ethic issues, etc, 

Edited by BuddhistLover

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

12 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

If you guys want to watch an intelligent series that isn't boring, I recommend The Sopranos and Six Feet Under. Those two series are HBO's true masterworks. 

The Wire is the greatest, but those two are incredible too 

34 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

I'm halfway through season two, and I get that sense, too. The writing isn't that profound, but the performances are great. 

This song always gets me.

Some series are not good simply because of what is happening in them, but because of the state of mind they put you in. I definitely remember a whole spectrum of unique feelings and thoughts that occured as I watched it, I don't know if there are many other series that were able to pull that off.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel