Alex K

Want To Shed Some Fat, But Having Problems

21 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

So I have this problem of habitually eating for pleasure for as long as I remember. I was already fat at 5 years old. 

I've lost 20 kg 4 years ago. But after clinical depression episode it is back on. I'm fighting it for a year already. But always I start eating sugar, junk and overeating again in just a few days. I've started okay eating nice food and only when hungry on tuesday. And yesterday - a bucket of icecream came along.

I meditate daily and I see that being fat is bad for me. It's hard to sit crosslegged. My legs and spine hurt after workday. My energy is low. My mood swings when I do not treat myself with food (addiction). I can develop worse deseases like diabeties, hypertention and whatnot. I can't go sattvic which helps with meditation and enlightenment.

I just sort of switch off all my awareness automatically, my body goes straight to aсquiring and consuming food. All my arguments for healthy choices are disсarded at the moment of binging.

People say that one covers him with fat to protect his tender mind from harsh reality. From my self observation it looks almost like a state of conciousness like awakeness, sleeping and this binging state. Maybe it is that well ingrained in my brain structures?

I try to search for that resistance to the reality which makes me want to cover myself with fat. I try to search for neurotic complexes (vasanas), any deep emotions of hurt or anything. Maybe I need to take solid 20-30-60 minutes a day for this soulsearching?

Maybe I'm just too soft and lazy? What to do then? I can't concentrate like it is said in Leos video on being a victim. I just don't know how to put this informtaion of his into action. Maybe this means I do not want  enough? How should I want enough? Should I teach and teahc myself again and againa all the horrors of fat and all the vitues of good diet? Or is this futile and something else should work?

Maybe I need a strategic approach? Maybe I need a dedicated journal with game plan and work on it daily?

I know for a fact that I can loose weight, I want it, I know how in terms of correct food and exercise. But on beliefs level I catch myself loosing faith that I would ever do this. 

I wonder what can I do.

Edited by Alex K

@Alex K this is what i did: i threw myself into the pool of yoga.

asanas, ayurveda diet, ancient scriptures, singing mantras with hare krishna devotees, studying anatomy and the science of hatha yoga.

now i'm a healthy person.

unborn Truth

Not really answering your questions but have you tried a ketogenic diet? Did wonders for me and many others. It's also not that hard to do because of all the fats you can eat.

@DoubleYou Yes I tried it - it is really great. The problem is staying with it.

Edited by Alex K

I recommend ketogenic as well, I lost 5 kilos that way (I got 5 extra). It's all about what, not how much you eat. I eat a lot nowadays, but it's usually some fruits or wholegrain cereals.

The ideas I'm thinking about for myself but am too resistant to doing them (feels kind of like admitting defeat): take some course/camp in healthy living for at least a few weeks to get you on track, and/or get someone (doctor, friend, therapist) to supervise you - just someone you tell about your progress or relapse every week. Or maybe a support group. Not being alone might be a little easier. 

You are finding what you are looking for.

Look for what you want.

Have you written a list of what you want to taped it to the wall? 

Have you listened to any positive speakers on YouTube?

I think I was where you are now. It sounds like you are 'in your head'. 

Writing things on paper gets them out of your head and into your life.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I don't want anything. Just to be comfortable. 

Edited by Alex K

On 27. 2. 2017 at 6:20 PM, Alex K said:

@Nahm I don't want anything. Just to be comfortable. 

That's hardly true, because you are asking questions here ;)

I'm thinking of paradoxical intent now. 

Try being as comfortable as you can for a few days. Just give yourself all of the comfort you can. Satisfied? Good. Other motivations comming up? Great! See what else is there. 

Haven't tried in this form much, but it kind of happens when I'm sick and stop the striving - after the week I just long to do stuff and improve life. 

@Alex K Have you tried finding other people to exercise with?? I found that it's one of the best ways to stay motivated and not go off the rails so easily. same thing with eating healthy, finding someone in your house who can keep you accountable is good. This is something I did, instead of buying junk food, I would buy healthy food that's very delicious to me like watermelon, grapes, mangos and some other stuff. after a while you will not miss the junk food or at least you will end up reducing the amount you eat.

Read never binge again. It will change everything.

What I'd say is that you need to probably change something deeper if you've struggled with it for a long time. You can't seem to just force it with your current willpower and attitude towards the issue. You might have limiting beliefs. I personally just accept myself and want the best for myself and then when I apply Leo's "Awareness alone is curative" video I simply don't want to eat unhealthy. It is still going to take some brute forcing at least in the start and sometimes after, but make sure to take responsibility and have dreams and values to work toward. I remind myself of taking responsibility and what is a good attitude for me to have daily which really helps when my mind comes with strong excuses. I'm hoping that after meditating enough I will be able to just ignore those excuses without any outside help, but it might take a long while.

Hello. I think that food is NEVER the problem, for overweight/obese or underweight/anorexic people. I just think it is something else deeper. Food is seen either as comfort or as an enemy. Just,the root cause is not food. Is something else. Find it and THEN replace it with something far less harmful but still enjoyable. It takes effort to find all these but yeah.

Edited by egoeimai

Your are your own master and you only are responsible. 

You either cut the crap and start exercising and eating clean or don't and you will feel guilty, miserable. for the rest of your life, being victim and whining, most likely ending up with a heart attack in your 40s. 

So what's it gonna be? 

Nobody can help you unless you agree to help yourself first. 

Lift your ass up, trash all the junk food in the bin and brute-force your way into the gym. You think for the rest of people health comes as privilege? Served on a  pedestal? Hell no, we work our asses of day after day after day.

Wake up or keep sleeping and be miserable.... It's all up to you. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Hmm I'm reading this thread and wondering about my own negative beliefs Are  about this:

nothing works live tried everything 

losing weight is impossible without vast unsustainable effort 

my body is meant to be this weight, it is my set point 

i shouldn't have to modify my diet or lifestyle to have the body I want, it should come natural 

i shouldn't want my body to be different, I should accept it exactly how it is and don't try to change it, falling into the trap of marketing and media messages 

trying to make your body "better" is an act of self hate I should just enjoy it as it is 

So...now what do I do with all those limiting beliefs?  Assume they are all false? I can certainly counter then as though I were giving advice to a friend. But then I basically forget like two minutes later and am back in the cycle of unawareness and replaying my Negative belief story. 

@Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj @YaNanNallari @Elisabeth @Elisabeth @clytaemnestra @Nahm @spinderella

To whom it may concern.

Since this topic started, I've had some breakthroughs with my post traumas and I feel like I'm naturally starting to eat better, eat less crap.

However, I feel that support is a very good thing, very warm and nice.

Thanks for your support! 

- Regarding the Healing meditation video - a very nice one.

I actually assured myself that I will always be here, helping, supporting, encouraging, understanding myself thus I will never be alone - while working on a nasty trauma - in a self dialog mode of a inner child and a "therapist" or a "grown up one" or a "rational/strong one", a "deffending one". That was and could be needed again to heal myself and it is remarkably similar to the basic instruction "You are enough" from the meditation, but much deeper I believe.

----------------

Currently my understanding is that I overeat when I'm tired and I still need to do something like some work or home things.

For that I currently devised an excercise to contemplate stuff as per Leos vid. But I would not contempalte relationship, I contemplate Tiredness and Rest. Remarkably I start seeing just how little do I know about these too mundanest things!

Edited by Alex K