iboughtleosbooklist

Leo, stop telling everyone it's just them, alone.

12 posts in this topic

Leo keeps trying to persuade everyone about solipsism. But solipsism is no fun at all.

What's the point of being everything? That means everyone I talk to is basically an NPC. I'm an NPC. 

I preferred it when I thought other people had their own consciousnesses. Everything was way more fun. I could troll forums and imagine someone on the other end getting wound up.

I still use Reddit, but the spark has gone. Everybody is clearly me.

Leo, you broke the illusion, I hope you're proud of what you've done.

I think he removed his latest solipsism video for precisely this reason.

When has Leo ever told you you’re an NPC? You are the Player himself! Other people do have their own consciousness. It is the same consciousness as yours. It is just consciousness. How could consciousness ever belong to any body?

Haha, you are upset about solipsism because now you are only trolling yourself? Bummer! I sense that this itself is a troll. Quite a funny one I might add!

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

It's still the truth and the truth is very beautiful.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Go take a walk. Feel the air, watch the sky. Pet a cat, talk to people, or just watch them. If at any point you feel less connected to any of these things because of "solipsism", you're on the wrong track. Drop that belief.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Experience works in fundamentally the same way for you whether solipsism is the case or not. Holding a certain belief is not awakening. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

Some people care about The Truth at all costs, even if it's ugly or uncomfortable. They'd want to know even if The Matrix was real and they were just being used as a human battery.

If you had the option to never find out that Santa Claus wasn't real, would you want everyone to lie to you for your entire life just because you don't want it to be true? Even your parents and eventually your partner would be in on it. If you had kids, even the kids would have to lie to you if they found out.

Some people want to know that Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and everyone else in existence isn't' real. At any cost.

From a scientific rational paradigm, say if you're an atheist or agnostic... when your life ends, none of this matters anyway, so how is it any different? If it ends with you losing all your memories, thoughts, feelings, sense of self... then does it matter if it's real or not? I do lots of boring and tedious tasks in video games all the time, knowing full well it's not real.

It doesn't have to ruin the fun. It's still fun to troll NPCs, just like it's fun to beat up random NPCs in Grand Theft Auto (and even in the game there are consequences to your actions.) There doesn't have to be a point or meaning to it. The fact their AI is so good that they're indistinguishable from the player makes it really fun.

Edited by Yarco

@iboughtleosbooklist Dude leave the forum. Lol.

I made a thread maybe a month ago, about a lucid dream. Wherein I asked a character in the dream if he could see me, he said that he could... And I was musing that maybe the character was being truthful, until me waking in bed collapsed him back into me.

Leo replied, but only focused on the fact that it is me who wakes in bed. He did not seem to have interest in whether the dream character could see me. Only interest in the fact that it is ultimately me...

And this probably carries over when discussing solipsism, he does not think it is relevant whether you are seeing him or not. He doesn't care about that element and so omits to really bother with it or discuss it. If he was specifically interested in that, he might go more in depth on that...

Evidently this here, the appearances around me, it is all finite, so this moment cannot be the whole of infinity. Every appearance is necessarily finite. Very basic logic: If it looks red it looks NOT blue. So this is finite. The infinite appears finite... It can't make something outside itself or out of anything but itself, again basic logic 101. So for finite things to appear, the infinite (the absolute totality) has to divide within itself... It is completely logical.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Go take a walk. Feel the air, watch the sky. Pet a cat, talk to people, or just watch them. If at any point you feel less connected to any of these things because of "solipsism", you're on the wrong track. Drop that belief.

This. Real solipsism is infinite unity and interconnectivity. 

The same energy that moves our breath moves the stars. The same light “behind” the eyes of another is our very nature. It is beautiful and in no way lonely, when the mind stops its endless fabricating and interpreting, and instead truth is seen directly and clearly.

Go do some IFS and understand what's really going on with these sorts of communications

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

@iboughtleosbooklist You're not awake. You didn't break any illusion, you just invented a new illusion that you are now suffering from while telling yourself that you're awake. If you were awake you wouldn't be suffering from awakening.

There are many traps in this work. I've warned you about this.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 minutes ago, Karas said:

@Leo Gura can you elaborate more about the traps

There are so many it could fill a 1000-page tome. You have to be more specific with your question.

There's a great book by Ken Wilber which details the biggest traps of spiritual work on my book review list. Check it out if you're serious.

I have explained many traps throughout all my videos.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.