amanen

No thoughts and samadhi

14 posts in this topic

So my internal monologue is extremely weak and I have very few thoughts naturally, maybe one every 30 seconds if I want to, and this makes it rather easy to enter a state of no thoughts by meditating (not all the time, but still very frequently).

The thing is that I do not feel any sort of union, bliss, or anything special in this state of no thoughts. There is no dissolution of anything. It isn't a nondual state of consciousness.

The only thing that happens is that instead of my head having thoughts occur on it there are none.

What more do I need to do to actually enter samadhi?

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

You need to experience how the felt sensate perceptual feeling of separation is itself a form of thought. This thought does not manifest as verbal talk or mental imagery, but as an uncognized process of perceptual building. The feeling of solidity and that you are this static object is itself a thought that comes from ignorance of the nature of direct experience, most specifically the nature of impermanence. 

I would recommend Shinzen’s See Hear Feel technique, and specifically the “flow” and “space” categories, as these are really useful towards breaking down this ignorance and opening experience into how it actually is - one unified, interconnected, non-dual flow. 

Samanari Jayasara’s Wisdom of the Masters YouTube channel is also great to use as guided meditations, however it’s very advanced material and may not click as easily as something very tangible and practice like Shinzen’s stuff. 

Samadhi is quite difficult to attain. 

1. You need to be in an "awakening qualification zone" - to know that you on the cusp of something big happening in your spiritual life.

2. You need to enhance your meditation more, but be more gentle of the thoughts that arise. See where the train of thoughts takes you. (if at any time you need to go back to balance state, you can)

3. There is a moment. In which your meditative practice will intertwine with the big thing thats coming, You'll be ready for it. that's what meditation is for. To prepare you for just such moments.

4. Once those two merge, you experience the sweetest bliss. You are a Yogi. You can enter Samadhi states at will. It may last 3 seconds, 2 months, 45 years, or more.

Peace & Love,

Greg.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Last night, I tried to sleep when I wasn't tired, and that is when I usually enter samadhi states. What seemed to trigger it this time was remembering how somebody described their transition into stable non-duality (which I'll tell from my perspective): "the character of Carl-Richard was gone most of the time, and started arising by itself, outside of my control." It really helps to use your own name. So it's not just surface-level thoughts, but also the core sense of identity, that arises and vanishes from moment to moment, but it usually goes unnoticed (your mind fills in the gaps). However, when that reality is investigated and seen for what it is (accepted while also being in the right state), then grace happens. That said, there is really no method for grace, only for bettering one's state. I'm just telling you how it might happen.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

samadhi is not silence, it is when your ego separates and you stop giving it life. It still talking but in black and white, powerless.

your mind may be silent but your ego is fully activated. It is difficult to understand where is what triggers the separation and the union, I do not understand it, I only know that meditation can sometimes cause this to happen. when it happens it feels like something physical, as if you had taken a pressure off your head, but after a short time it hooks again. I would like to understand more the mechanics of this

7 hours ago, amanen said:

Do it for 200 hours straight.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Samadhi/Enlightenment/Liberation is the realization that this personalized experience of a separate self and others is completely unreal.

There just never was a real separate you or them.

No real individual = No real separation = Non-duality 

And THIS can be clearly recognized at anytime but seems very rare!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

If you get serious about meditation - samadhi and samadhi-like states become easy

11 hours ago, Consilience said:

You need to experience how the felt sensate perceptual feeling of separation is itself a form of thought. This thought does not manifest as verbal talk or mental imagery, but as an uncognized process of perceptual building. The feeling of solidity and that you are this static object is itself a thought that comes from ignorance of the nature of direct experience, most specifically the nature of impermanence. 

I would recommend Shinzen’s See Hear Feel technique, and specifically the “flow” and “space” categories, as these are really useful towards breaking down this ignorance and opening experience into how it actually is - one unified, interconnected, non-dual flow. 

Samanari Jayasara’s Wisdom of the Masters YouTube channel is also great to use as guided meditations, however it’s very advanced material and may not click as easily as something very tangible and practice like Shinzen’s stuff. 

Thanks, the no thoughts state I usually enter is probably rather shallow then.

10 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Last night, I tried to sleep when I wasn't tired, and that is when I usually enter samadhi states. What seemed to trigger it this time was remembering how somebody described their transition into stable non-duality (which I'll tell from my perspective): "the character of Carl-Richard was gone most of the time, and started arising by itself, outside of my control." It really helps to use your own name. So it's not just surface-level thoughts, but also the core sense of identity, that arises and vanishes from moment to moment, but it usually goes unnoticed (your mind fills in the gaps). However, when that reality is investigated and seen for what it is (accepted while also being in the right state), then grace happens. That said, there is really no method for grace, only for bettering one's state. I'm just telling you how it might happen.

Yes it seems to be like I merely have my surface level thoughts gone while the deeper sense of identity remains.

I am Physically Immortal

@amanen

Maybe try writing down a list of all the attributes that seem to describe this sense of identity.

Look at it closely and see if these attributes equal a real you.

Notice how some attributes seem inherited from your parents and others from friends or society. Notice how certain life experiences have played a role in this sense of self identity.

Also notice that if that body was born and raised in let's say South Korea, that character or sense of identity would seem totally different. Different religion, beliefs, concepts, ideas.....different conditioning all together.

Take a close look!

❤ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 26/05/2022 at 2:25 PM, VeganAwake said:

@amanen

Maybe try writing down a list of all the attributes that seem to describe this sense of identity.

Look at it closely and see if these attributes equal a real you.

Notice how some attributes seem inherited from your parents and others from friends or society. Notice how certain life experiences have played a role in this sense of self identity.

Also notice that if that body was born and raised in let's say South Korea, that character or sense of identity would seem totally different. Different religion, beliefs, concepts, ideas.....different conditioning all together.

Take a close look!

❤ 

I don't feel any personal identity, at least at a conscious level. When people call 'my' name I feel no relationship at all between that name and whatever I am supposed to be.

My mind is literally blank without judgement.

I don't even normally identify myself as a a man on earth in an universe.

I try not to believe in anything at all.

I am Physically Immortal

It takes very steady attention that really just has to be trained in some way. Power of will is not enough -- well, it is, but only if the will is applied to training attention... whether directly and intentionally, or indirectly and serendipitously. Once you can attend to whatever object you want to, indefinitely, without any wavering, you will be able to enter samadhic states at-will quite easily. Culadasa's The Mind Illuminated is an astoundingly complete guide on this. Repeatedly watering the fields of the mind and the seeds of intention, with simple responsivity, until the harvest sprouts and blooms.

^^^ Whatever the process, that's what basically allows samadhi states to arise with any frequency. And of course TMI isn't the only way... Yearning for unfiltered reality, as the fuel for driving the vehicle of self inquiry -- that can do the same thing.

Edited by The0Self

8 hours ago, amanen said:

I don't feel any personal identity, at least at a conscious level. When people call 'my' name I feel no relationship at all between that name and whatever I am supposed to be.

My mind is literally blank without judgement.

I don't even normally identify myself as a a man on earth in an universe.

I try not to believe in anything at all.

Gotcha,

IME samadhi wasn't about detachment/denial or having no beliefs.

Rather it was a clear recognition that there simply never was a real "me" doing anything to begin with.

There definitely seemed to be, but it was just an illusion of self identity or maya.

Its freedom for nobody!

What a let down right!

❤ 

On 25.05.2022 at 10:49 PM, amanen said:

So my internal monologue is extremely weak and I have very few thoughts naturally, maybe one every 30 seconds if I want to, and this makes it rather easy to enter a state of no thoughts by meditating (not all the time, but still very frequently).

The thing is that I do not feel any sort of union, bliss, or anything special in this state of no thoughts. There is no dissolution of anything. It isn't a nondual state of consciousness.

The only thing that happens is that instead of my head having thoughts occur on it there are none.

Don't mistake 'no thought' as emotional neutrality in a state of reduced thought activity. No thought or no-mind is a highly advanced stage of practice.

You need higher equanimity, mindfulness skills, physical and mental pliancy + actual insight into reality to consistently dwell in suchness and being of silence.

You may feel there are no thoughts but there are thoughts and intentions formed consistent with your self-view in the unconscious mind which is the source of your desires and aversions. Unless you realize there is no self really deeply, you wont experience what you intend to experience.

Edited by ardacigin