Leo Gura

Discussion: Should We Allow Sourcing?

171 posts in this topic

I haven mulling over our no-sourcing policy. Should we allow some degree of sourcing for psychedelics since their legality varies from country to country and region to region? I don't really like the idea that discussion of sourcing should be prohibited when some of these substances/chemicals are legal around the world and we have a global audience.

This is just a discussion. No promises yet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Will you get into legal trouble yourself? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

Will you get into legal trouble yourself?

I am not sure what the legalities are. Linking to a website is not technically illegal. Nor is discussion of websites or chemicals. What people do with such information is not my responsibility.

@Leo Gura Would that get you (or others) in trouble by discussing it openly? Since your country has stricter control than some others. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1 minute ago, puporing said:

@Leo Gura Would that get you (or others) in trouble by discussing it openly? Since your country has stricter control than some others. 

I don't know. Doesn't seem like it. This should fall under 1st Amendment free speech.

Might help some people.. I spent lots of time trying to figure out if sites are scams or legitimate and delayed things a lot due to being unable to differentiate and not knowing anyone that could offer trusted sources.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

@Leo Gura so what happens when  someone obtains psychedelics illegally from third party websites that were partially referred from recommendations acquired on here. Does that put you in legal  trouble for being a source of such information? 

Also remember such information can always be shared in pm. 

Edited by Preety_India

I think sourcing shouldn't be discussed here because immature people are gonna get their hands on psychedelics that way.

@puporing Congrats for 1000 ;)

I mean if psychedelics are so powerful and key for our work it may be a smart move. And lack of sourcing would be #2 problem , just after not knowing their potential and perhaps fear and stigma holding people back.

The good thing of them not being easily accesible as in a click and purchase fashion is that people may be inclined to do some actual research before getting them which would avoid noobs and reckless people.

Some sourcing info like this would be amazing though : 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_psilocybin_mushrooms

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

It's probably better to keep your hands clean and just not allow open discussion of sourcing. People will be posting sketchy, fake, or virus filled links, and naïve newbies will suffer for not knowing any better.

If people want to find out how or where to get substances, they can just private message each other or google it.

Allowing it will damage the integrity of the forum. My opinion is this should be a high quality tight knit place that can discuss radical things, but also follows the rules and some set of principles.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Just now, Roy said:

If people want to find out where to get substances they can just private message each other.

That's true, I didn't know if that was allowed at first. 

My suggestion is to not allow open sourcing. 

I just don't want you to get into any kind of legal trouble.

For whatever reason. 

But your choice in the end. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

@puporing Congrats for 1000 ;)

LOL Thanks I failed to notice! :D

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What people do with such information is not my responsibility.

Maybe do a thorough research on the legalities of Nevada regarding providing open source information on psychedelics and check if a person is held responsible for such information. 

Then make your decision. 

Wiser right? 

Don't take a Random decision without first doing a legal research. 

I wouldn't go for that. Too much gray area in terms of law and responsibility that can backfire.

I would stick to emphasizing the general principles of the process.

@Leo Gura Maybe partial discussion of it should be open? people can help each other about how to get the stuff or where to look at but no direct link to any online shops.

On the other hand, discussing sourcing openly might lead to some great sources being discovered that were previously unknown, lol. I don't think anybody is gonna get in legal trouble just for discussing these things lol. Just don't get caught actually buying.

@Leo GuraYou can also create a private section for old members who can freely discuss about sourcing no index in google. At least this can safely be done to get started and test things out.

Edited by m0hsen

Might have to put out warnings like no guarantees that someone's sourcing info will work out for the next individual.