GreenWoods

Spiral Dynamics stage Coral explained

29 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

In the case you don't accept something it becomes suffering and calling suffering as a love is little bit misleading

@Kksd74628 Yup, especially relative to the perspective/reality of that person.

@Nivsch I agree, processing stuff is quite important for development. 

@Inliytened1 exactly :)

@Spiral Wizard I bought several of his books but I haven't actually read them lol. I really should read his religion of tomorrow book at some point. 

Also, even regarding non-spiritual development, I personally think Spiral Dynamics is kind of weak after Yellow.  Turquoise is kind of a blanket "catch-all" category.  You'll find more nuance and useful higher stage description in the Cook-Greuter EDT model, imo.  

Enlightenment is only about what is most true in experience.  The truth can be directly known at any of these stages of development.  If it is, it will probably ripple into one's life in many ways, but development is by no means a prerequisite for enlightenment.  One might argue the absolute self-honesty necessary to get there is more likely at higher stages, but some people find it intuitively on their own regardless.

To get the feel for the limits of SD, you need to read about the basics like Jean Piaget's theory of cognitive development or Kohlberg's theory of moral development. SD follows the same logic, only with a different construct (vMEMEs).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Interesting that idea about coral, which I had never heard of. ok, you have awoken, you could stay in a cave in absolute fullness, but you have the opportunity to participate in the game. existence is eternal, but being this man is not. let's play

9 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Interesting that idea about coral, which I had never heard of. ok, you have awoken, you could stay in a cave in absolute fullness, but you have the opportunity to participate in the game. existence is eternal, but being this man is not. let's play

Precisely --- There's no higher or lower here.  If you choose not to embrace mortal life after realizing God that is your choice.  If you choose to embrace mortality that is attachment to your finite form.  And that too is OK.  It doesn't make you less advanced.  Embracing finite form after God realization as @GreenWoods mentioned is detached attachment.   Yet I will take this a step farther and say it's OK to be selfish and want to survive in your current form.  This doesn't male you less advanced then the dude who does masamadhi.  And nor does it make you more advanced even though Coral or this phase comes after enlightenment or Turquoise.   It is just one who likes his form, is comfortable in his own skin, and wishes it to last.  He knows it cannot last.  But he loves the game :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Flyboy @Carl-Richard

I usually try to do as little research as possible because I prefer spending that time doing practices. 

The research you suggested sounds good though I guess I should check that out at some point.

13 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

. ok, you have awoken, you could stay in a cave in absolute fullness, but you have the opportunity to participate in the game. existence is eternal, but being this man is not. let's play

@Breakingthewall Exactly!

@Inliytened1 yes! There is nothing inherently better or worse. It's all about preferences, for each their own:)

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Precisely --- There's no higher or lower here.  If you choose not to embrace mortal life after realizing God that is your choice.  If you choose to embrace mortality that is attachment to your finite form.  And that too is OK.  It doesn't make you less advanced.  Embracing finite form after God realization as @GreenWoods mentioned is detached attachment.   Yet I will take this a step farther and say it's OK to be selfish and want to survive in your current form.  This doesn't male you less advanced then the dude who does masamadhi.  And nor does it make you more advanced even though Coral or this phase comes after enlightenment or Turquoise.   It is just one who likes his form, is comfortable in his own skin, and wishes it to last.  He knows it cannot last.  But he loves the game :)

Really It is the most logical option. Why escape from what you are? you are here, in this form. So expresse your potential,  gives everything you have to give by interacting with what surrounds you. To do this, realize the formlessness, transcend to return to the ego. the goal is not the disappearance of form, for that is eternity. the objective is much more egoic, to optimize the potential. why? because it's great. Not better or worse, just beautiful

many things make sense to me and thank you for dense documentation!
except some few disagreement, 

turquoise is about nondual awareness and emptiness, it is not enlightenment itself, turquoise is living in dream, and is aware of it(construct-awareness) but can barely see or feel it that life is a dream

Coral enters solipsism in "I" Individual interior, it begins with enlightenment, but is also not enlightenment itself, it just started exploring field of solipsism which may complete in stage teal

solipsism gives great sense of agency, in order to have more "higher" agency than rest of human beings, first it has to detach and deconstruct human-self, observing and understand what "fear" is, as there is less fear, which will liberate mind from limitation(thus, higher agency), and then observe back rest of humanity easily manageable as most of humanity is still being "fearful", and rather like NPCs that are moved by fear, love.

coral starts exploring the landscape of Solipsism, and it's scary as fuck, described as divine schizophrenia, and it starts learning how to use Chaos
teal, assumebly, becomes stable, and do not intervene unless necessary. "less actions" 'more essential, impactful actions"

Edited by Fluran

it's also the case that Leo has not been in Community where Turquoise can be easily cultivated/practiced,

to me, being exposed to 5meodmt but not connected to any community, made me just calm relaxed yellow dude, by being in community, I could embody easily unconditional love and care for people, being in service(some green and turquoise there :D)