A Fellow Lighter

Do you recognise Spirit?

20 posts in this topic

It's clear to me that this forum recognises Mind and the workings of the mind. But there's no sign that it recognises Spirit. 

I've never heard Leo mention the  spirit in any of his videos, which leaves me thinking that perhaps the whole forum sees everything as MInd. But I don't want to project one man's beliefs to everyone else on this forum...

So I ask.. do you recognise Spirit? Or is everything Mind to you as well?

Spirit is the creation of the human mind. The answer for your question is: It depends which model you use. The airy fairy model or the consciousness model. 

There is only ever ONE thing.

Whatever you think there is, it is what I call Mind/Consciousness.

The toilet is spirit, as it everything else.

I have mentioned spirit many times in my videos. I call it "spirituality" after all.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, TRUTHWITHCAPITALT said:

The airy fairy model or the consciousness model.

Could you expand on this? What do these models look like, and how do they work?

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is only ever ONE thing.

Whatever you think there is, it is what I call Mind/Consciousness.

I see.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have mentioned spirit many times in my videos. I call it "spirituality" after all.

This is quite unclear for me. Are you saying that what you consider Spirit is synonymous to Mind and the Body of a toilet or any other object? Are you essentially saying they are all one thing?

4 minutes ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

Could you expand on this? What do these models look like, and how do they work?

I see.

This is quite unclear for me. Are you saying that what you consider Spirit is synonymous to Mind and the Body of a toilet or any other object? Are you essentially saying they are all one thing?

Yes.

And now, let's light the torches!

On 01/05/2022 at 9:53 AM, Leo Gura said:

Spiritoilety.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

On 5/1/2022 at 2:28 AM, A Fellow Lighter said:

It's clear to me that this forum recognises Mind and the workings of the mind. But there's no sign that it recognises Spirit. 

I've never heard Leo mention the  spirit in any of his videos, which leaves me thinking that perhaps the whole forum sees everything as MInd. But I don't want to project one man's beliefs to everyone else on this forum...

Everything is Self. 

The Mind does not really exist...it is the term used for the stream of thoughts.  In the absence of thoughts, there is no mind.  However, the illusions we have of a "me" or separation or etc. are created in thought and so the Mind is a focused on topic.  It is only our own beliefs, concepts, etc. that create the illusions and suffering.

Spirit may be used as an equivalent term/pointer to Self...just like other equivalent pointers are Brahman, Consciousness, That, what-is, etc.  It is what is...and there is nothing outside it.  And so thought is of it.  But if you split what-is into Spirit vs Mind or Spirit vs Matter, that's just the illusion of separation.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

2 hours ago, eputkonen said:

The Mind does not really exist...it is the term used for the stream of thoughts.  In the absence of thoughts, there is no mind. 

What “streams” these thoughts in your understanding? Is there a drive to it? Or is it all spontaneous?

I ask because, in my experience, Mind isn't everything. If we account for the thoughts we have with the idea of mind then what of emotion?. what of motive?. What of the detailed bodies of the world and cosmos? If mind is thought, what of the many things that are not thought such as impulse or intuition? Mind cannot be everything.

2 hours ago, eputkonen said:

But if you split what-is into Spirit vs Mind or Spirit vs Matter, that's just the illusion of separation.

I don't necessarily consider them separate, I mean what can ever be experienced as separate in the world? Separation, I find, is subjective rather than intrinsic.. so much so that you may very well call it an illusion when making a point, just as you have. 

Mine is not to have these aspects of reality split up, but to rather see how exactly they come to be. It's a matter of recognition, not negation.

3 hours ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

What “streams” these thoughts in your understanding? Is there a drive to it? Or is it all spontaneous?

I ask because, in my experience, Mind isn't everything.

The brain just comes up with thoughts.  Intent can focus them a bit, but environmental stimuli is what brings up a lot of thoughts too.  It happens of itself like breathing...and like breathing we can intentionally inhale and exhale and feel "I am breathing" but the rest of the time it just goes on by itself.

Clearly, there is more than thoughts...for there is plenty left when Mind ceases and there is no thought.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

Sure, I recognize it.  When it shows itself, I can see it.

JiDURkE.jpg

1 hour ago, eputkonen said:

but environmental stimuli is what brings up a lot of thoughts too.

So you also believe in an external world.. that is outside your mind?

1 hour ago, Loba said:

Sure, I recognize it.  When it shows itself, I can see it.

JiDURkE.jpg

I'm having a hard time making out what I see in your picture. I can tell it's surrounded by water droplets, though. I wonder what it is that I'm looking at.

Anyway, so you can see Spirit? Like a psychic? What do you mean you recognise it? 

On 5/1/2022 at 2:47 AM, A Fellow Lighter said:

Are you saying that what you consider Spirit is synonymous to Mind and the Body of a toilet or any other object? Are you essentially saying they are all one thing?

Yes, Spirit = Mind = Consciousness. It is the one and only substance of anything.

A toilet is made out of Spirit/Mind/Consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It can be useful to distinguish between Spirit (or Presence, or Truth) and Mind. Everything is only one thing, but without other and thus is not a thing (not a thing in itself, separate from other things), and we could call this Spirit. Mind could be essentially synonymized with thought. Sounds like a pointless distinction... until you realize that Spirit is the one thing that can't be thought of. So what is Spirit? Whatever can't be thought of. Whatever can't be described. It's here now. It is that which is the case.

Edited by The0Self

1 hour ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

So you also believe in an external world.. that is outside your mind?

I simply know there is a world being experienced...and I am That.

More like, everything aligns just right and it breaks though - whatever is around me becomes more illuminated.  I can see it in others, too, where their talents or parts of their personality align with God consciousness - or don't align, but I still need to practice it.

So for me, when I look at this picture, I can commune with God if I need to - and through synchronicity I can be told certain things - but only when I am in the right state of mind - I still have a scared, fighty ego to contend with, but when it is a small ego - then I can recognize spirit.

full-moon-dark-mountains-wallpaper-preview.jpg

@A Fellow Lighter

On 5/1/2022 at 7:28 AM, A Fellow Lighter said:

Yes, I recognize spirit,  

14 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@A Fellow Lighter

Yes, I recognize spirit,  

How so? 

26 minutes ago, Loba said:

More like, everything aligns just right and it breaks though - whatever is around me becomes more illuminated.  I can see it in others, too, where their talents or parts of their personality align with God consciousness - or don't align, but I still need to practice it.

So for me, when I look at this picture, I can commune with God if I need to - and through synchronicity I can be told certain things - but only when I am in the right state of mind - I still have a scared, fighty ego to contend with, but when it is a small ego - then I can recognize spirit.

full-moon-dark-mountains-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Wow.. that sounds awesome. I know how it may be difficult translating these experiences into syntax, but I'd actually love to hear more of this. Do you think you could tell me more? Feel free to pm me if not here.

@A Fellow Lighter Sure, what would you like to know specifically?  

I suppose I could bring up this:

DINsfBo.jpg

Full view - this has lyrics in the right spot - it is supposed to align with the more negative side of human beings - in order to transmute it into something good, and just and true - it is similar to working on art or a hobby that you feel in tune with - and what comes of it generally will be Good.

It is such a pain to explain - this I am trying to turn into an alchemical "magnum opus" or philosopher's stone and with it comes lyrics from songs that inspire truth - the more truthful art is, music, illustration, photography, etc., the more alive it becomes.  I plan to add this hummingbird in the center with the burning monk in the middle of the lyrics lines, and this song - and altogether - it will be a truthful accomplishment.

It is... I can't really explain it until I hear specifically what you want to know.

lgEVMIt.png

ap080708020260.jpg

When you see spirit, art becomes easier, understanding music makes more sense, it all just... lines up in the right way, and when it does generally one wants to then line up the world in a more effective and humane way.

VOSOHon.png

Details.  Behind the face is a dead squirrel who was placed in colourful autumn leaves by another artist - he represents memento mori - or contemplation of death - the ancient gods of Sumer were considered pitch black so I chose that to represent the old gods, he is androgynous looking, to represent feminine and masculine.

"As above, so below"

Edited by Loba

@A Fellow Lighter

6 minutes ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

How so? 

Wow.. that sounds awesome. I know how it may be difficult translating these experiences into syntax, but I'd actually love to hear more of this. Do you think you could tell me more? Feel free to pm me if not here.

Like a paranormal experience of beauty, and the nice silence in a meditative experience. A feeling of cuteness in your heart.

Not the same as a the highest awakening experience.

When people refer to spirit they are talking about what is behind the veil of the dream. The dream obviously itself is also spirit because there is only spirit and any separation we create to explain. There is no understanding without distinction, there is no experience without distinction. So we create all distinction so we can learn. The only true statement is everything is ONE. That ONE is infinite, and it is LOVE. That's it. Anything that diverges from this is just a relative truth which means it has some truth but also some falsity to it as well.

It's hard for us to grasp this because everything we experience is distinct and separate. Its why the highest form of knowledge is Intuitive. Whenever the truth is presented to you, you can feel when it is true and cannot explain why. It is because the highest truths cannot be explained. Can we really explain Non-Duality in its entirety? No. All we can do is use simply generalizations and that's it. Everything is One is the highest truth along with Everything is Love. But any attempts to explain it will just be mere attempts. It cannot ever truly be spoken, it can however be experienced and felt.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.