Taus

Why did God make this hellhole?

58 posts in this topic

No one fucking knows .stop asking pointless questions and get practical. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I don't give this chance for many people, but you're my friend, so I'll be a little bit generous and offer to trade my Middle-Eastern paradise with your European hellhole slash paradise for a reasonable price, nothing too expensive for one of my favorite Advaitas ???

PM me for more details ???

?

Nice try btw.?

@Zeroguy You missed a chance. I dodged a bullet. What else is there to say? :)

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Taus Evolution needs contrast for the sake of growth and experience , paradise cannot be known without hell.

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

On 30/04/2022 at 11:10 PM, Taus said:

It is impossible to eliminate the ego completely and permanently while still living (temporary elimination is possible).

You're right. But it is possible to disidentify with the ego completely and permanently. You still realise it's there. It still reacts as it normally might, but *you* sit outside it.

Apparently.

@Taus I love the Title of your post. Couldn't agree more. I think God regret's creating this hellhole sometimes. You are exactly right about the ego, it's impossible to transcend the ego completely. Anyone who suggests otherwise, like Leo (one of THE most EGOTISTICAL fake gurus on the planet) is lying to you. The best you can do is come to a "I'm no better / I'm no worse" mindset and operate from there. True statement. Trust in God to guide you through. He'll walk you through the valley of death while the snakes slither all around you. Funny to hear Leo say Love, is that the "unconditional" type you're referring to there Leo? who won't even allow me to "tag" him? Lol. "Love" is NOT AFRAID mr Gura. 

"It can't be that lame, you know?" Terence McKenna

It is all perfectly aligned.  Search for things that are aligned to see the perfection.  God is evolving to bring itself, as itself into the forefront, but that takes time.  Heaven is outside of all of that, of culture, words, everything.  It's also inside.  We created hell through culture.  It won't be this way forever.  God told me so.  That the best you can do is to make art from it.

You have to learn to get good at seeing it's little clues everywhere.

btQqK1H.jpg

"I also represent..."

On 4/30/2022 at 5:15 PM, bejapuskas said:

I think that if this creator God exists, they are definitely not a just being.

Kurt Vonnegut compared God in his book Cats Cradle to a boy who is playing with a glass bottle and is putting random bugs inside it just in order to shake it and see them fight each other to death. Do you get the metaphor?

I do get the metaphor. In fact, when I was a small child I collected a few cockroaches together in a glass jar for a school project but did not have the brains to foresee that they would need food in there. Later I observed that a couple of the cockroaches were missing legs. The cockroaches had torn each other's legs off and ate them. The cockroaches also tried to hop away from each other to avoid further attacks, or hop towards the other cockroaches to chase and attack again. After that point I realized what had happened and felt regret at causing this unnecessary suffering, but I could not undo the damage. As an adult I unavoidably kill pests to preserve my home but would not intentionally cause avoidable suffering. However, if God is the all-pervading One, I don't think the metaphor is applicable, because God is the boy, the jar, and the cockroaches. Therefore I don't agree with the metaphor of an unjust God but simply wonder why God is doing this at all. An omniscient God does not at all need to do a schoolboy cockroach experiment, and yet it happened.

I am uncertain as to whether God is a creator God. God, the perception of all reality as One by discarding the ego, makes sense to me. This is the immanent God, which may have existed infinitely into the past and therefore not have needed creation. However, there's also the possibility of a transcendent God, which is "more" than the material world or "preceded" the beginning of time, not that those terms have meaning in that context. This universe/timeline does appear to have an origin (the Big Bang) but I am unsure whether that appearance is genuine. Do you think a creator God (or any God) exists?

On 4/30/2022 at 5:29 PM, Kksd74628 said:

@Taus

Everything is about the perspective you have, remember this. Maybe it's not this "place" which is horrible, but you only see it in that light. Don't close the possibility that you could someday recognize this place as heaven. Stop being so picky with things you want to your life, because that only makes you incapable of enjoying the things I do and what is the point in that?

There are definitely aspects of life that I enjoy. However, suffering appears to be unavoidable regardless of perspective (although the amount of it can be reduced to some extent by reducing the ego). My question is not intended to dwell on this negative aspect in isolation but rather to try to understand why that may be the case. I also feel that humans are incredibly privileged compared to other sentient beings in terms of the amount of pleasure we experience, particularly so industrialized humans with Internet access.

On 4/30/2022 at 5:58 PM, Yarco said:

Hellhole is completely subjective. Things could be infinitely better, but they could also be infinitely worse.

(Unless you want to go meta and say that which exists is all that exists and ever can exist)

That's interesting. I had not considered the possibilities of infinitely better or worse realities. I define "better" and "worse" as less and more ego, respectively. Without any ego at all "better" or "worse" would have no meaning, but ego is inevitable to some extent for sentient lifeforms. An infinitely better reality would be a reality that does not include the existence of ego (suffering/delusion) at all. I suppose an infinitely worse reality would be if everything had a super strong ego all the time. We are not in that reality because the vast majority of the universe is egoless and lifeless, and a very small number of saints exist.

Your parenthetical reference to going meta is something I seriously consider. This could be the only possible reality, in which case no decision-making is relevant. Do you think that's the case?

On 4/30/2022 at 5:58 PM, Yarco said:

I think God's intentions (if they exist) are beyond human comprehension. Anything that many levels removed from us is going to look illogical from our perspective.

I agree, and therefore the topic may not be worth discussing. I asked the question anyway because people on this forum are much more enlightened than the general public, and I thought you guys and gals probably have a better understanding than me. Especially because I have never experienced ego death and Leo at least has on many occasions. Do you think God has intentions?

the bias you have is such that it prevents you from seeing anything more than that: the bias. If you remove the bias, the sight of divine wonder will take your breath away. but you (and all of us) are a walking bias and cannot see anything without selfishness. spirituality is simply removing the bias. If you eliminate bias, divinity will manifest before you in everything. simple to understand, extremely difficult to put into practice

Edited by Breakingthewall

On 4/30/2022 at 6:17 PM, BipolarGrowth said:

Why did this human interpret reality as a hellhole? 

My interpretation is based on the first two sentences in my original post.

On 1/5/2022 at 0:10 AM, Taus said:

Any level of ego at all, no matter how low, causes suffering and delusion to some extent

Suffering and delusion is divine . Suffering is bad is a bias. Why god create the suffering? Because it's divine, like everything else

On 5/1/2022 at 4:07 AM, Carl-Richard said:

I don't think it's right to assume that God is like a human being, who believes it makes choices, who thinks in logical terms, who is limited by emotions.

That makes sense. We are limited by the human method of thinking and understanding. Just thought I would ask.

On 5/1/2022 at 6:48 AM, Gesundheit2 said:

Reasoning is a function of the human mind. It works by connecting events that pass through consciousness and events that reside in memory. Pure brain activity.

I don't have an alternative, but I agree that doesn't change the reality that God is beyond human limitations. It is good to know that the consensus seems to be we have no clue. That consensus is a valid and honest answer.

On 5/1/2022 at 8:30 AM, Zeroguy said:

Where are the emojis?

You ain't spiritual without them.Also to masculine.

Hellhole is already a paradise.

xD Needed that laugh!

On 5/1/2022 at 0:21 PM, Someone here said:

No one fucking knows .stop asking pointless questions and get practical. 

Attempts to better understand reality, while not always fruitful, on the whole enable us to make better decisions. But I have never been a fan of the purely existential/practical approach. It seems very mechanistic.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:18 PM, axiom said:

You're right. But it is possible to disidentify with the ego completely and permanently. You still realise it's there. It still reacts as it normally might, but *you* sit outside it.

Could you explain this some more? If the ego still reacts as normal, what do you mean by disidentifying with it? I understand ego to mean the identification of a separate self, so it seems this would be identification and disidentification simultaneously. Do you mean something slightly different, like controlling the emotional reaction to ego-caused suffering?