Rishabh R

How can I develop my intuition ?

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone and @Leo Gura -any particular way to develop intuition?Any good books related to intuition?I have also noticed that when I am feeling a particular way like angry about or sad about something happening and questioning it that is there any proof of this assumption and acting against it leads to a good result.So is that intuition ? I am confused.

Intuition is where you know something without really knowing how you know it. Example:

"Do you know why my car sounds weird?"

"Let me hear you turn it on"

"One of your spark plugs is shot"

"How do you know?"

"IDK I just know"

Another example:

"Should we go with service A or service B?"

"Service A"

"Why"

"Because service B will cause us problems later on"

"How do you know"

"I don't know"

If this is not getting the point across, Leo has a decent video about this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1yA9KbPzQ0

As far as how to develop your intuition, I would just say don't be overly logical or rational, get a lot of exposure to art and music, and trust your gut.

The more you empty your mind, the more sensitive it becomes.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

@Carl-Richard Sorry I didn't understood what you said.

Intuition works at a subtle level of feeling and mind activity, and frequent thoughts, worries and fears will inhibit this ability.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Meditation

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

When you rely more and more on your heart to take decisions, you become more intuitive with time. That's how I became intuitive. I did it as a child. Now my intuition is pretty solid.

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

i have intuition and i didnt lift a finger to develop it.it happened to me naturally as i put in a lot of work. if u put in a lot of work , u will develop intuition without u lifting a finger

Get comfortable with guessing and not being attached or serious with your guesses.

As a matter of fact you can deliberately guess and try to see what feels most aligned, or true for you. Images will pop into your mind and fill your imagination, just roll with them.

Take a topic and guess the shit out of it like a madman. Getting past the resistance to guessing/assuming is crucial for intuition development.

@Yog Can I question the images being popping up in my mind? as they are assumptions/paradigms in mind which are not the reality itself. As intelligence is recognising that the paradigm in mind is not the reality - I wrote it while contemplating my intelligence journal.

@Rishabh R Maybe the best way would be to roll with the images and the feeling/hunch behind them and question them after the fact. Make the conclusion without being analytical or reasonable, let yourself be totally irrational for that moment.

Your imagination does not need to match the "reality". The key here is to just get comfortable with guessing and learning to trust the unconscious without letting the analytical mind intervene too much in the process. In this case hunch>reason.

Maybe you will come up with 5 guesses regarding something and none of them will actually be the case, or maybe just one of them, or maybe you'll hit the mark well. You don't know, that is why you guess, in a way you are trying to map out the unknown.... or the map is already there and you are perceiving it.

Just as if you were learning to play basketball, you do not want all your shots being executed perfectly and hitting the target. You probably want to practice some form and just learning to throw the ball towards the basket.

Needless to say, some intuitions will be influenced by your biases, shadows ect. But all of that is fine as long as you do not take them seriously and see it more as a play or an experiment.

Edited by Yog

Re-reading your initial post.

I think you might benefit a lot from Teal Swans - "Shadows before the dawn" book. Its actually a book that is more about learning "self-love", but it really relies on felt intuition as its backbone.

As far as I went trough it, Its about asking the question: "if I love myself what would I do now" and than just do the answer that comes without questioning it, it can come in the format of a feeling of alignment, images, words, something else, a combination of them. Its a good practice and exercise, extremely intuitive.

If you spam this exercise about everything I have no doubt that you will get to trust your intuition fairly quickly. Especially if you spam the question about everything. Like what to eat, what to buy, what do to next ect.

In the end it will be intertwined with your first hand experience opposed to lets say some distant guesswork about the situation in Ukraine.

11 hours ago, hyruga said:

Intuition is bullshlt. You need strength.

"Intuition is bullshlt. You need ego."