Someone here

After death?

36 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

Is death like eternal sleep or will we reincarnate again ? How do I become directly conscious of what death is ? I wish its just eternal rest .but won't I get bored of emptiness and decide to dream again? 

Idk man. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here

There are many misunderstanding in one short post :D. First of all why would you want it to be eternal rest, because anyways when you "reincarnate" all "memories" will get vanished and everything would be fresh. If you really think about it, if eternal rest would have been possible and it would be that great then why you are here to begin with. If you came here once why not twice or infinite times? Btw if you want to know answer about dream will you ask it from the dream characters? That would be like first baking cookies and ask from one cute cookie that how to make cookies :D.

Who told you that "others" are real?

15 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

then why you are here to begin with.

I have no fucking idea .

-Osho

@Someone here

Then explain me how you are awakened to being God like you said in the past, if you don't have any clue about how you made it.

3 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Someone here

Then explain me how you are awakened to being God like you said in the past, if you don't have any clue about how you made it.

I awakend to the fact that I'm the only conscious thing In existence. And there is nothing but me .and everything is my dream .that in itself is not enough to tell me where I came from ,why I am here ,and what happens when I die .these are two separate subjects. 

-Osho

@Someone here 

Okay then lets be honest none of us 2 knows what happens after dying. Why would you want to know and what would you want the answer to be and what is the reason you want that and also explain why wouldn't you want something else to happen.

3 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

Why would you want to know

Because I fear The unknown. And Death is the biggest unknown. I wanna make sure that everything will be okay in the end .

4 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

and what would you want the answer to be

Eternal darkness. No experience whatsoever. Eternal sleep .

5 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

and what is the reason you want that and also explain why wouldn't you want something else to happen.

Idk.

-Osho

@Someone here

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Because I fear The unknown.

Yeah, but if the movie you are about to watch is known is it that good anymore? Also, if you go to amusement park 10th day straight would it be that great, because the experience is more that known already?

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Eternal darkness. No experience whatsoever. Eternal sleep .

I feel this way always when I am exhausted and bored, but actually when I am having the best and most incredible day I want infinite dreams. This is the most important insight, if you are even a little depressed guy, because most people think that their whole life is horrible when they feel like horrible in the moment, but when you understand that the feeling will go away then it actually goes away, because the feeling always tricks you to think that you will never feel better.

The unknown is the only thing that ultimately makes ‘being’ worthwhile in the first place, i think. Imagine knowing exactly how everyday the rest of your life is going to play out. That’s literally hell.

Of course we do need some predictability and stability in our lives so we don’t go mad. But that shouldn’t be our end goal, because it will go away. The known is finite, the unknown is infinite.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Bro, how many times do I and others have to tell you this. Stop trying to mentally masturbate your way to Truth. Stop. Just stop. Myself and everyone here has told you the direct path to awakening. Psychedelics. Any of your choice. All your questions will be answered, and honestly you will probably for once actually want a rest from all of this philosophy and non-stop conceptualizing. One trip and you will probably want nothing to do with awakening ever again.

You are God limiting yourself and You are stuck at this limit. You are not Buddha(relatively speaking), so you ain't gonna awaken from doing nothing.

@Godishere

All roads lead to Rome. If one likes to contemplate and think about these things, what is the problem? It may or may not awaken you, who knows. Isn't living as you want the point of life anyways and no one actively does that what they don't want. People talk about psychedelics like they would instantly fix their lifes and if that is the case you should either have perfect life or you are stupid. We don't want shortcuts for the sake of skyrocketing to the destiny, because the goal is the path :).

-joNi-

@Kksd74628 yeah that's true and you have some good points. I'm not trying to be cynical about the whole thing, I'm merely pointing out a trap. All of this is a distraction. Literally. You are what you seek.  

@Godishere

Yeah I wanted to just make this forum little bit more accepting and loving and you could do that by not being too "aggressive" with the responses, even if it is true that it has been adviced to try psychedelics many times. I haven't yet tried psychedelics, but will, but still I can easily say that I am incredibly more stable and happy than the medium of this forum, thanks to contemplating, deep conversations and mindfulness. That's why I don't see psychedelics as a must thing.

there literally is no death, speaking strictly matter-of-factly. this is very obvious.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

Nobody knows...

So be nobody!!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Someone here

12 hours ago, Someone here said:

I awakend to the fact that I'm the only conscious thing In existence. And there is nothing but me .

12 hours ago, Someone here said:

that in itself is not enough to tell me where I came from and what happens when I die .these are two separate subjects. 

Actually, no. These are not two separate subjects. Once you find out who you are, you also find out about death. 

Awakening is getting rid of beliefs, not adding, adopting, maintaining or strengthening beliefs.

What reality literally seems to be, how it appears to us, is what our beliefs dictate about reality. But reality is not beliefs.

what happens when I die

I'm the only conscious thing

there is nothing but me .

Had you discovered who you are, you would not ask about death. 

How can we learn if we believe that we already absolutely know?

10 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Godishere

All roads lead to Rome. If one likes to contemplate and think about these things, what is the problem? It may or may not awaken you, who knows. Isn't living as you want the point of life anyways and no one actively does that what they don't want. People talk about psychedelics like they would instantly fix their lifes and if that is the case you should either have perfect life or you are stupid. We don't want shortcuts for the sake of skyrocketing to the destiny, because the goal is the path :).

-joNi-

Regarding psychedelics I don't believe psychedelics are the magic pill Leo thinks they are.  They may be for some people - but for some people meditation is too.  If it were a universal magic pill a lot more people would be awake .   That said it does probably increase your chances more than meditation would- because it elevates your state of consciousness right away where meditation may be a slower process for some people.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, StudentX said:

How can we learn if we believe that we already absolutely know?

Good point .I don't claim to be enlightened or attained the highest truth.but I've seen some facets and missing other facets .like goodness and love for example. I'm not conscious why existence must be good .and Death is another example. I'm not conscious of what happens after death. I wish eternal rest though. 

-Osho

@Someone here How can you rest for eternity if you are god? What about other incarnations?

If experiencer is same in every dream than it implies god will experience every dream for eternity . 

This is exact same doubt I am grappling with. 

If I am God then it automatically means I will experience every life for eternity. Otherwise I will be not God.

Maybe leo can help in this.

Also what is karma then? Is it even true? If I burn my karma lifetime after lifetime. Whats next? Will there be anothet dream? Or its just illusion ? And I will keep dreaming forever? 

God cant sleep forever isnt it?

@Kksd74628 what about karma then? How do you explain karma? Is it even true? 

what if I burn my all karma lifetime after lifetime ? Whats next? Will there be any other dream if experiencer is same in every dream?

If I am fully God right now. God is having my movie. And in every incarnation experiencer is same. Will it go on forever ? Dream after dream to eternity?