How to be wise

Russian invasion a disaster, according to Russian soldiers

94 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, pedro23 said:

1. Instrumented  a proxy war in Moldova (1992). Russian troops fought on the side of separatists. Russian troops still occupy Transnistria to this day. Guess how the Moldovan  side where called by the russians? Fascists. It is the projection game at its finest. 

2. Instrumented a proxy war in Abkhazia (1992-1993). Russia supported and trained Abkhazian troops. 

3. Invaded Checnya (1994 - 1996). Maaaaaaaaaaassssiiiive war crimes. Russian style - bombed the shit out civil areas (Rings a bell?) destroyed whole towns, including the capital Groznyi, raped women, shot civilians en masse

these were under ussr regime.ussr was very criminal. i have mixed opinion about ussr. they killed 1 million in afghanistan. they destroyed sufi orders from middle asia .

31 minutes ago, pedro23 said:

4. Invaded Georgia (2008) - Created a separatist republic of South Ossetia. 

5. Invaded Crimea - 2014; Sent troops to the Donbas - 2014 to fight along the separatists. 

6. Invaded Ukraine - 2022. You know the rest. 

these look like defensive war to me,

42 minutes ago, Ryan_047 said:

And how do you know that if there is no proof available? It's just a supposition. This just shows how much substance your arguments hold. 

rt had lot of videos. they were removed. an underdog youtube channel had proof .

i am not intrested in debate. i point my truth and if u say some truth i will reply. i am not equiped with debate tactice. i need to learn it.

5 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

these were under ussr regime.ussr was very criminal. i have mixed opinion about ussr. they killed 1 million in afghanistan. they destroyed sufi orders from middle asia .

these look like defensive war to me,

If Russia is the party that is on the defensive in this invasion, then who is exactly the attacking party? My guess is you are going to answer with NATO or 'the west', because they supposedly installed a puppet government in Ukraine. But even if that was true, that's still not an act of military aggression like a full scale invasion. Nor have the supposed neo-nazis attacked Russia, so they can't be the aggressor either. Then who is the aggressor really?

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

27 minutes ago, vizual said:

If Russia is the party that is on the defensive in this invasion, then who is exactly the attacking party? My guess is you are going to answer with NATO or 'the west', because they supposedly installed a puppet government in Ukraine. But even if that was true, that's still not an act of military aggression like a full scale invasion. Nor have the supposed neo-nazis attacked Russia, so they can't be the aggressor either. Then who is the aggressor really?

nato and usa is the agressor who put puppet in ukrain and tried to pull strings. the war in ukrain is a proxy war between russia and usa.

u need to know where i am coming from.the law of warfare is that strong rule the weak. this is exactly how it is in 21st centuy. if my country is near a superpower, then my country need to shut the fuck up and not try to do things against the superpower. my country will be invaded. this is a law. u can only be at peace by outstrengthening the  opponent.there is no place for truth or justice. the strong rule the weak as simple as that. usa invaded afghanistan for a  2000 death toll. 1 in 5 woman lost their husband  in afghan war. all countires including usa and nato follow the rule of strong rule the weak. if u are not strong enough,u will be invaded . as simple as that. and if u are weak , then do not  provoke the strong.

I think it's no coincidence that most people who deem Russia & Putin to the the problem seem to be Westerners and most people who deem NATO & The US as the problem seem to be from Russia and eastern Europe. 

Hmm.. where have I seen this before? Seems to me both sides are being fed propaganda by their regimes. In my country(Sweden) sending weapons to an armed conflict is suddenly celebrated. Just a year ago any involvement in military conflict would be viewed upon as a huge no no. It is sad to see. I have sympathy for you people on here who are trying to defend the Russian side of the conflict because the US & NATO side sure seems to be convincing more people on here. I think politically correctness is one of the biggest weaknesses of this forum that I have witnessed from my time being here. I was very politically correct and naïve a few years ago. I went vegan for 4 and half years because only the pros were being shown to me through western anti global warming narrative. It almost ruined my health, had low energy, was depressed, poor workout recovery(working out basically made me sick), had blurry vision and floaters. I don't blindly trust what western science and media tells me anymore. If something sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Edited by Asayake

On 3/29/2022 at 7:03 AM, K Ghoul said:

“a bunch of neo nazis and drug addicts in Kyiv” backed by the West.

You are delusional thinking that the fight is against Ukraine.

This is kinda ridiculous. West is supporting Ukraine but those are Ukrainian troops dying and fighting. If anything we have learned the will to fight is much more important than material wealth in a war. Russia has way more military equipment than Ukraine and are about to face a stalemate. 

If it’s true then that’s pretty funny and shows you the limitations in how autocratic leadership functions.

23 hours ago, Asayake said:

Seems to me both sides are being fed propaganda by their regimes. In my country(Sweden) sending weapons to an armed conflict is suddenly celebrated.

To my knowledge Sweden (along with France) sent mercenaries in Ukraine before post Crimea annexation. Also Sweden feels threatened (and for a good reason) by Russia. So diminishing that threat feels good "naturally". 

I think it's no coincidence that most people who deem Russia & Putin to the the problem seem to be Westerners and most people who deem NATO & The US as the problem seem to be from Russia and eastern Europe. 

Eastern Europe is probably the most anti Russian region in the entire world. From the Black Sea to the North Sea everyone hates Russia, with very few exceptions. 

Also condemning Russia for this invasion does not excuse USA from its sins, but debating with "but USA did this this this and thus Russia is justified to invade another country" type of arguments is very myopic. You're actually not understanding what Russia is doing. Nobody here is entirely anti Russian. 

Russia itself is not the problem, the problem is Putin and his fascist oligarchs. USA itself is not the problem, the problem is the 1% rich elites who are raping the planet and making USA's citizens slaves along with the countries they are invading. USA is a capitalist oligarchy who has actually diminished democracy, not increased it. I mean, it's so pathetic what USA has come to. I could go on and on and on about how much I actually fucking hate America, but that doesn't matter (I also don't want to give water to the people parroting Russian propaganda and think they are so smart and yellow-turquoise).

The subject is Putin invading another country and what USA did in Serbia or anywhere else has nothing to do with Putin killing civilians. 

It almost ruined my health, had low energy, was depressed, poor workout recovery(working out basically made me sick), had blurry vision and floaters. I don't blindly trust what western science and media tells me anymore. If something sounds too good to be true it usually is.

I know this is off topic, but what did you eat before that? And did you do to recover?

The below video gives excellent background information on the Ukraine crisis.  It is a lecture by John Mearsheimer.  It is several years old, but very current.   He has recently put out videos explaining why NATO is at fault.   He says the main problem is that the US foreign policy is dominated by think tanks (both Republican and Democrat) who are in favor of “forever wars” to spread liberal democracy.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

18 minutes ago, Ryan_047 said:

Eastern Europe is probably the most anti Russian region in the entire world. From the Black Sea to the North Sea everyone hates Russia, with very few exceptions. 

Absolutely. I am an eastern European and I can confirm this. From Finland in the North to Romania in the South there is a contest who hates Russia more.  The Baltic states and Poland absolutely despise Russia for everything the russians  have done to them - hundreds of years of genocide, Milions dead. Never mention the last 100 years with their soviet legacy. Romanians despise russians for blatantly annexing parts of Romanian land multiple times, for organising genocide, transforming Romania into a communist puppet state (1947- 1989). Moldovans hate russians for atrocious genocide, continuous humiliation, starting civil war, occupying their land up to this land (Transnistria is a separatist russian enclave on Moldovan land) not to mention the fact that Moldova is an artificial state that is a by product of USSR imperialist desire to annex land it had had not historical claim to. 

And I am not mentioning the Ukrainians....  Russia managed to Unite the Ukrainian people. Now everyone is united in their hatred against Russia for decades and decades. 

Moral of the story is that in the quest to denounce the corporate media and its propaganda, thou shall not think that in listening to russian propaganda one gains freedom from propaganda itself.  

Edited by pedro23

6 hours ago, Ryan_047 said:

To my knowledge Sweden (along with France) sent mercenaries in Ukraine before post Crimea annexation. Also Sweden feels threatened (and for a good reason) by Russia. So diminishing that threat feels good "naturally". 

Also condemning Russia for this invasion does not excuse USA from its sins, but debating with "but USA did this this this and thus Russia is justified to invade another country" type of arguments is very myopic. You're actually not understanding what Russia is doing. Nobody here is entirely anti Russian. 

Russia itself is not the problem, the problem is Putin and his fascist oligarchs. USA itself is not the problem, the problem is the 1% rich elites who are raping the planet and making USA's citizens slaves along with the countries they are invading. USA is a capitalist oligarchy who has actually diminished democracy, not increased it. I mean, it's so pathetic what USA has come to. I could go on and on and on about how much I actually fucking hate America, but that doesn't matter (I also don't want to give water to the people parroting Russian propaganda and think they are so smart and yellow-turquoise).

The subject is Putin invading another country and what USA did in Serbia or anywhere else has nothing to do with Putin killing civilians. 

I know this is off topic, but what did you eat before that? And did you do to recover?

I don't think Putin invading is a good thing. But I think it's not always the attacker that's guaranteed to be sole at fault when the big countries are "playing". The attacker always looks worse, so why not provoke the enemy to attack if you're more powerful anyway  I don't want to come off like an Alex Jones type of person. But think of this atleast a slightly possible narrative, I am just speculating not sure this is true: It seems to me that Russia is a great competitor to the US in many markets and a conflict whereby the US and Europe can sanction and destabilize Russia through an Ukraine proxy war seems like a power gain for the US and Europe as a whole, sacrificing Ukraine's citizens and soldiers to gain power over Russia. Also invading another country looks bad, so an invasion is not really good for Russia. It is plenty good for the US and NATO. This scares other countries into joining NATO. Parties in Sweden where I live are already talking about joining NATO because of this situation. Russia is killing civilians to try to force a surrender from the Ukrainian president. Just like the US did in Vietnam with napalm strikes Russia now does with more advanced technology. 

In the Vietnam war Russia  and China were sending supplies and weaponry to North Vietnam to defend itself against an US invasion. The Americans thought it would be easy to invade(or so it is said, maybe they knew what would happen but were pressured/scared into doing it anyway perhaps to prevent another World War), but since the Vietnamese had China and Russia holding their back with supplies and weapons it made it impossible to take over quickly without destroying the entire country and so the war lasted much longer than expected. And in the end the US had to pull out and look like villains in the south/north Vietnam conflict. They were outplayed by Russia and China in that conflict. They probably had their reasons for starting it though. Russia was pushing their territory onto tactically strong grounds and that was a security risk for the US. This Ukraine situation could be similar. NATO pushing their territory onto the frontier of Russia pretty much. Russia pressured to invade and will be made to look evil. But because Ukraine has US and Europe support Russia will lose in Ukraine for sure. So why would they want to invade? That tells me they must have been pressured or scared into invading somehow or they are just downright stupid, making the same mistake as the US have done before for no reason. 

That's just a theory. I'm 99.99999% not spot on here. But maybe I hit some partial truth in there somewhere. That would be enough for this conflict to not be as one sided as people are making it seem in the western mass media and on forums. It's not as simple for me as is Putin killing civilians, it's would the alternative that plays out if he did not do it be worse? He certainly thinks so. A successful example of killing civilians was the atom bombs. They killed a lot of innocent people but they ended up forcing an end to a war that likely cost many more lives.  If I was a leader I would not want to kill. But what do you do if your opponents are willing to kill you and you don't go to the same lengths? How do I know which of the leaders is acting out of self defense, how do I know it's as simple as Russia is simply invading Ukraine and not Russia is trying to defend themselves from NATO? To me it seems the Russians think they are defending themselves and the opposite side thinks they are attacking. Just like the US thought they were defending themselves in  the Vietnam war but the Russians and Chinese thought they were the attackers in the conflict. We need to understand that Russia likely felt threatened here and it was probably not without any reason.

Regarding the vegan questions. I'll just give you my vegan story. Before I went vegan I any a pretty standard western diet. A lot of pasta, meat, fish, eggs and so on. During my vegan years I was eating poorly for about 10% of the time(pasta & falafel and not much else) and proper whole foods plant based 90% of the time. A lot of legumes, indian food with spices and vegetables and chickpeas. And bean chillis with rice and lentil tacos with rice and salsa. Taste wise I really enjoyed my vegan years to be honest. I took D3 supplement based from algae, B12 supplament(50% methylcobalamine and 50% cyanocobalamine) and that was it as far as vitamins go. The first 2 years went fine. But I did drop a lot of weight every year throughout those years. Even months when I was eating A LOT of pasta and rice to get my calories up, it would just give me so much energy that I hard a hard time maintainig fats. I found getting healthy fats in on a vegan diet a challenge sometimes and as a result my testosterone levels likely suffered. I don't know if I will be able to eat another spoon of peanut butter in my life lol. The last year I ran a lot and trained a couple of times per week. I recovered so slowly that I thought I might have a muscle disease.

I was turning as skinny as a marathon runner, weighing in at 60 kilos, 185 cm tall. A couple of times after trying to progress my workouts I would get flu symptoms and my system was protesting forcefully. I ended up bed ridden feeling like crap for a while. I was having less and less energy mentally and finally I had to stop working out and running because it just gave me anxiety, gave me illnesses and heartburn and I couldn't push through it. Also because so few healthy vegan foods contain a lot of calories I had to eat many times per day or else I would have to eat A LOT in one sitting, but that would give me terrible heart burn and I would be up all night not being able to sleep multiple times per week because I was trying to eat more calories from nut butters and pasta dishes. Also for a while I ate chickpeas as my main protein source, not realizing that chickpeas were not at all as high protein as I thought they were. Beans are far superior to chickpeas protein-wise even though chickpeas taste awesome. Also I started becoming more sensitive to tomatoes because I was eating tomato sauce based dishes so much. (Daal, Lentil bolognese, Lentil taco, Bean chilli, Tomato Chickpea Curry). Tomatoes ended up starting to give me heartburn so I had to cut out most of my favorite dishes which sucked pretty hard. Anyways the summer 2020 was when I started experiencing vision problems.

My ability to see clearly at long distances got worse and worse. I got more sensitive to sunlight. At first I thought I had HPPD because I would be seeing bubble like patters in the air. I got a bit scared but it turned out that I just had floaters.  I researched it a lot and realized the things causing floaters is likely to be high carb, which most vegan diets are, and vitamin A deficiency, which I likely had. Admittedly I did not often eat foods containing vitamin A. Things containing vitamin A are: Carrots, Sweet potatoes, Dried apricots, Kale, Cantaloupe, Butternut squash, Spinach, Red peppers. Not much other vegan foods contain vitamin A. Now I did not realize this. I occasionally ate carrots and spinach and red peppers. But that's about it from that list and not in great quantities. Nothing got better though even though I added more of these foods into my diet. I researched it a bit and it seems like some people are not as good at absorbing vitamin A from plant sources as from animal sources. What I also found was that there are actually quite a lot of nutrients that are tricky to get as a vegan that I wasn't aware of. Creatine for example is not contained in any vegan sources apart from supplement form and it helps cognitive function. I did not supplement that.

B12 needs to be taken as a supplement, but it can be problematic because it needs to be taken in high doses to be effective. I did supplement B12 but it can also be a problem to supplement B12 because the vitamin can act as food for certain bacteria or fungi in the intestines which will as a result overgrow and cause gastrointestinal issues. This combined with my declining mental energy, weak workout recovery, low bodyweight, worsening intrusive thoughts and just life overall seeming very problematic made me decide to try break my 4.5 year vegan streak to see. I started taking Cod Liver Oil and eating vegetables, meat and some carbs. Chicken, Broccoli, Rice, Regular Tacos, Salmon pasta with spinach. Basically "normal food". And after a couple of months my vision improved, floaters gone, mental clarity improved, energy improved. Depression milder. Now it's been roughly 1 year and I weigh 80 kilos compared to my 60-65 kilos I weighed as a vegan. My recovery after working out is a lot better. It just feels right in my body, eating meat or fish along with my meals seem to make me more satiated than I got as a vegan and give me more energy throughout the day. I still eat vegan meals about once a week. Mostly because I miss some of the dishes I used to eat.  That's pretty much my vegan story if you were interested. 

@Asayake

8 hours ago, Asayake said:

I don't think Putin invading is a good thing. But I think it's not always the attacker that's guaranteed to be sole at fault when the big countries are "playing". The attacker always looks worse, so why not provoke the enemy to attack if you're more powerful anyway  I don't want to come off like an Alex Jones type of person. But think of this atleast a slightly possible narrative, I am just speculating not sure this is true: It seems to me that Russia is a great competitor to the US in many markets and a conflict whereby the US and Europe can sanction and destabilize Russia through an Ukraine proxy war seems like a power gain for the US and Europe as a whole, sacrificing Ukraine's citizens and soldiers to gain power over Russia. Also invading another country looks bad, so an invasion is not really good for Russia. It is plenty good for the US and NATO. This scares other countries into joining NATO. Parties in Sweden where I live are already talking about joining NATO because of this situation. Russia is killing civilians to try to force a surrender from the Ukrainian president. Just like the US did in Vietnam with napalm strikes Russia now does with more advanced technology. 

In the Vietnam war Russia  and China were sending supplies and weaponry to North Vietnam to defend itself against an US invasion. The Americans thought it would be easy to invade(or so it is said, maybe they knew what would happen but were pressured/scared into doing it anyway perhaps to prevent another World War), but since the Vietnamese had China and Russia holding their back with supplies and weapons it made it impossible to take over quickly without destroying the entire country and so the war lasted much longer than expected. And in the end the US had to pull out and look like villains in the south/north Vietnam conflict. They were outplayed by Russia and China in that conflict. They probably had their reasons for starting it though. Russia was pushing their territory onto tactically strong grounds and that was a security risk for the US. This Ukraine situation could be similar. NATO pushing their territory onto the frontier of Russia pretty much. Russia pressured to invade and will be made to look evil. But because Ukraine has US and Europe support Russia will lose in Ukraine for sure. So why would they want to invade? That tells me they must have been pressured or scared into invading somehow or they are just downright stupid, making the same mistake as the US have done before for no reason. 

That's just a theory. I'm 99.99999% not spot on here. But maybe I hit some partial truth in there somewhere. That would be enough for this conflict to not be as one sided as people are making it seem in the western mass media and on forums. It's not as simple for me as is Putin killing civilians, it's would the alternative that plays out if he did not do it be worse? He certainly thinks so. A successful example of killing civilians was the atom bombs. They killed a lot of innocent people but they ended up forcing an end to a war that likely cost many more lives.  If I was a leader I would not want to kill. But what do you do if your opponents are willing to kill you and you don't go to the same lengths? How do I know which of the leaders is acting out of self defense, how do I know it's as simple as Russia is simply invading Ukraine and not Russia is trying to defend themselves from NATO? To me it seems the Russians think they are defending themselves and the opposite side thinks they are attacking. Just like the US thought they were defending themselves in  the Vietnam war but the Russians and Chinese thought they were the attackers in the conflict. We need to understand that Russia likely felt threatened here and it was probably not without any reason.

Regarding the vegan questions. I'll just give you my vegan story. Before I went vegan I any a pretty standard western diet. A lot of pasta, meat, fish, eggs and so on. During my vegan years I was eating poorly for about 10% of the time(pasta & falafel and not much else) and proper whole foods plant based 90% of the time. A lot of legumes, indian food with spices and vegetables and chickpeas. And bean chillis with rice and lentil tacos with rice and salsa. Taste wise I really enjoyed my vegan years to be honest. I took D3 supplement based from algae, B12 supplament(50% methylcobalamine and 50% cyanocobalamine) and that was it as far as vitamins go. The first 2 years went fine. But I did drop a lot of weight every year throughout those years. Even months when I was eating A LOT of pasta and rice to get my calories up, it would just give me so much energy that I hard a hard time maintainig fats. I found getting healthy fats in on a vegan diet a challenge sometimes and as a result my testosterone levels likely suffered. I don't know if I will be able to eat another spoon of peanut butter in my life lol. The last year I ran a lot and trained a couple of times per week. I recovered so slowly that I thought I might have a muscle disease.

I was turning as skinny as a marathon runner, weighing in at 60 kilos, 185 cm tall. A couple of times after trying to progress my workouts I would get flu symptoms and my system was protesting forcefully. I ended up bed ridden feeling like crap for a while. I was having less and less energy mentally and finally I had to stop working out and running because it just gave me anxiety, gave me illnesses and heartburn and I couldn't push through it. Also because so few healthy vegan foods contain a lot of calories I had to eat many times per day or else I would have to eat A LOT in one sitting, but that would give me terrible heart burn and I would be up all night not being able to sleep multiple times per week because I was trying to eat more calories from nut butters and pasta dishes. Also for a while I ate chickpeas as my main protein source, not realizing that chickpeas were not at all as high protein as I thought they were. Beans are far superior to chickpeas protein-wise even though chickpeas taste awesome. Also I started becoming more sensitive to tomatoes because I was eating tomato sauce based dishes so much. (Daal, Lentil bolognese, Lentil taco, Bean chilli, Tomato Chickpea Curry). Tomatoes ended up starting to give me heartburn so I had to cut out most of my favorite dishes which sucked pretty hard. Anyways the summer 2020 was when I started experiencing vision problems.

My ability to see clearly at long distances got worse and worse. I got more sensitive to sunlight. At first I thought I had HPPD because I would be seeing bubble like patters in the air. I got a bit scared but it turned out that I just had floaters.  I researched it a lot and realized the things causing floaters is likely to be high carb, which most vegan diets are, and vitamin A deficiency, which I likely had. Admittedly I did not often eat foods containing vitamin A. Things containing vitamin A are: Carrots, Sweet potatoes, Dried apricots, Kale, Cantaloupe, Butternut squash, Spinach, Red peppers. Not much other vegan foods contain vitamin A. Now I did not realize this. I occasionally ate carrots and spinach and red peppers. But that's about it from that list and not in great quantities. Nothing got better though even though I added more of these foods into my diet. I researched it a bit and it seems like some people are not as good at absorbing vitamin A from plant sources as from animal sources. What I also found was that there are actually quite a lot of nutrients that are tricky to get as a vegan that I wasn't aware of. Creatine for example is not contained in any vegan sources apart from supplement form and it helps cognitive function. I did not supplement that.

B12 needs to be taken as a supplement, but it can be problematic because it needs to be taken in high doses to be effective. I did supplement B12 but it can also be a problem to supplement B12 because the vitamin can act as food for certain bacteria or fungi in the intestines which will as a result overgrow and cause gastrointestinal issues. This combined with my declining mental energy, weak workout recovery, low bodyweight, worsening intrusive thoughts and just life overall seeming very problematic made me decide to try break my 4.5 year vegan streak to see. I started taking Cod Liver Oil and eating vegetables, meat and some carbs. Chicken, Broccoli, Rice, Regular Tacos, Salmon pasta with spinach. Basically "normal food". And after a couple of months my vision improved, floaters gone, mental clarity improved, energy improved. Depression milder. Now it's been roughly 1 year and I weigh 80 kilos compared to my 60-65 kilos I weighed as a vegan. My recovery after working out is a lot better. It just feels right in my body, eating meat or fish along with my meals seem to make me more satiated than I got as a vegan and give me more energy throughout the day. I still eat vegan meals about once a week. Mostly because I miss some of the dishes I used to eat.  That's pretty much my vegan story if you were interested. 

This is a good take. I now see some parallels between the Ukraine/Russia conflict and the Vietnam war.

The pro-russian leader, of of the leaders of 2014 russian-backed insurgency, former FSB agent, saying that the invasion is a disaster, how troops aroung Kyiv gonna be severely harrassed, and how the Ukrainian war ressembles more and more the Soviet-Finish  war of 1940. Recorded before April 1st.