Wildcattt555

Possible effects of chronic lsd use

68 posts in this topic

https://skywoodrecovery.com/lsd-abuse/side-effects-of-chronic-lsd-use/#:~:text= Identifying Chronic LSD Use 1 Erratic,is by ingesting microscopic amounts of... More

”Losing Touch With Reality

Over time, LSD users may begin to lose touch with reality. An LSD user may speak in grandiose terms, make rambling speeches, and seem incoherent. This may be a sign of schizophrenia or another mental disorder as well, so be sure to look for other signs of LSD abuse.

If you notice any of these signs or symptoms in a friend or family member, speak with an addiction treatment professional to learn how you can help.”

3 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

Well by this logic you could also get addicted to tomatoes. It's simply a scientific fact. No need for over-complication here.

Much much less because tomatoes are much more natural and physiologically and evolutional suitable to the human body and with suitable "dosage". 

Of course that doesnt mean it is 0% addictive (sugar is also natural but to be fair is highly processed before it sold and far from the natural form) but far far less.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Wildcattt555

I don't see what that has to do with physical damage or addiction. Yes, it can serve as a stressor for mental illness, just like many things.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Wildcattt555

I don't see what that has to do with physical damage or addiction. Yes, it can serve as a stressor for mental illness, just like many things.

Yeah it’s going to be tough finding a study on chronic use.   If anyone can find anything relevant to support or debunk please post. 

6 minutes ago, Wildcattt555 said:

Yeah it’s going to be tough finding a study on chronic use.   If anyone can find anything relevant to support or debunk please post. 

Scientific literature? ;)

@Wildcattt555 All I'll say to you is, be careful with your projections, assumptions, and self-confirming narratives.

You don't know me as you think you do.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

be careful with your projections, assumptions, and self-confirming narratives.

Please make a video on:

Nevermind found it :)
@Wildcattt555

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

2 hours ago, A_v_E said:

scientific littérature is a pack of huge shit. Go hang with drug addicts or LSD user. The last one is yelling story of new world order and vaccine everyday on Instagram. 

I don't think we should shit on science entirely. We need to recognise the limitations of it, but the good parts of it as well.

There is a lot of stuff that is falsifiable, so feel free to find any source that can prove anything otherwise. You make a hypothesis and test it over and over and over again. After a few thousand tries if your hypothesis is still true, then you can say  more  and more confidently that it might be true. You can always disprove it , but i don't think we should dismiss all of it, because we don't like parts of science. 

Of course its nowhere near holistic, but that doesn't mean that science can't make good points.2

1 hour ago, A_v_E said:

You can't know if a frog is affected by bee eating in the swamp if you don't understand the entire swamp.

It bother me to read people believe in science. Science is never finding anything. It's always looking for more.

It would be nice if we could understand the entire swamp, but to be able to understand something you need to test stuff. To know if a frog is affected by bee eating in the swamp you don't necessarily need to understand the entire swamp. You make this hypothesis that 'a frog is affected by bee eating in the swamp'. Now you test it over and over again. If all of the tests says that it seems to be true, then you can say more confidently that it is true, if you still don't think its true or that it wasn't accurately tested, then do some test or find some tests that prove otherwise.

There are some cases where you don't even have the time to understand something holisticaly before you make some narrative about it. For example covid19 vaccines. We didn't have the time to sit around to understand human beings more holistically, we had to make some tests and then create a vaccine, and then test that vaccine over and over again.

So overall you can make confident points without understanding everything holisticaly. But of course it would be much better if science would become much more holistic. We need to find ways to improve science not just shit on science.

@Wildcattt555 Interesting post, Some thoughts:

• Can you give us more background information about you?How old are you (I am really curious, you have a different point of view and I ask me if it it is the age) 
    • Are you on spiritual path towards awakening?
    • how often did you took psychedelics?

I ask these questions because I feel, that these "LSD-talking", rambling about spiritual stuff can be strange to outsiders. This has nothing to do with brain damage of LSD, but of the experience you had, no one can understand if they have not much experience of psychedelics.

I dont share your opinion, how you see Leo as unhappy/unhealthy whatever. For me right now it is the opposite and I followed him every video since years. He developed HUGE (still improving of course). Also how are you so sure that he messed up his serotonin receptors,  LSD, 5 meo cannot do that. 

@Carl-Richard Martin Ball is fine now, or did I missed something? These sleep problems he had before 5 meo

Edited by OBEler

10 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Carl-Richard Martin Ball is fine now, or did I missed something? These sleep problems he had before 5 meo

Good to hear he is better, and I know. I said they worsened at some point, to the point he thought he was going to die.

4 hours ago, Wildcattt555 said:

Starting to have some prolonged pauses and going blank for a few seconds where he wouldn’t before. His eyes are different. More rigid muscle movements in his face in general.    Going back to the content , the belief  that his latest solipsism video is so profoundly awakening it’s dangerous.  Grandiosity , obviously false , and Just a gimmick bc he is literally out of ideas. He can’t put his unique spin on old ideas that was kind of his trademark. I get that creativity  fades before other areas of intelligence , but Leo is pretty damn intelligent. Like, you’re going back to hookup videos and making just a generic war video, cmon.  His videos were pretty fire just a few years ago. 

If you watch videos of him from 6 or 7 years ago you can see he isnt happy like he was, he has this arrogance and annoyance with people that is chemically based.

You are biased. I also watch him for 7 years and I would write everything opposite to what you wrote. He seem much more happy, healthy and inteligent from my pov. (I am biased too ofc)

Edited by Arthogaan

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

39 minutes ago, A_v_E said:

Also I m saying than almost no amount of test can prove facts. But I agree the more simulation with the rights axiomatic models the more it shape probabilistic trust.

Agreed, the term of a 'scientific fact' is misleading, its a fact as long as it isn't disproved.

41 minutes ago, A_v_E said:

institutions right now in most societies are shaped for anti genius and for dork npc thinking only.

Agreed with this one as well. The current schooling system making the minds more trapped and more dogmatic.

Just a reminder that it's possible to criticize science without dismissing it outright.

I once did a strong shroom trip and I came back with the knowledge that:  all the 'highs' and 'drugs' are already in our brains right now.  You can access it if you want but most people don't know how (like me).  Maybe staying present?  There's no such thing as a free lunch when it comes to drugs, you pay the price someway or another with ANY drug.  From the strongest hardcore drugs to the most docile and benign--it doesn't matter. 

I use to think the same sometimes but i feel like his bad looks are more related to poor diet, masturbation or low T levels more than an addiction to psychedelics. Also if you have ever used psychedelics you must know that its very hard to do it between shorts period of time because its too powerful, specially in high doses. 

Also you must hear what Leo said to you and stop criticism and make uncertainly assumptions about his personal life, we dont know for sure if he is happy or not, only he knows the true. 

I encourage the OP to close this thread and open a new one with different title so we can talk freely about the dangers of psychedelics / general health issues while stop intrusion on Leo's personal life.

4 hours ago, Wildcattt555 said:

https://skywoodrecovery.com/lsd-abuse/side-effects-of-chronic-lsd-use/#:~:text= Identifying Chronic LSD Use 1 Erratic,is by ingesting microscopic amounts of... More

”Losing Touch With Reality

Over time, LSD users may begin to lose touch with reality. An LSD user may speak in grandiose terms, make rambling speeches, and seem incoherent. This may be a sign of schizophrenia or another mental disorder as well, so be sure to look for other signs of LSD abuse.

If you notice any of these signs or symptoms in a friend or family member, speak with an addiction treatment professional to learn how you can help.”

Spiritually people will call this AWAKENING

Awakening or spiritually enlightenment is the realization that reality is nothing like you've been thinking it is before, so of course other people will call you crazy and you may be perceived as someone who has lose touch with "reality".

But the question is:  What if regardless being crazy you are more happy than ever?. Interesting question.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Wildcattt555 All I'll say to you is, be careful with your projections, assumptions, and self-confirming narratives.

You don't know me as you think you do.

you be careful too bro. 

///changed the title as was suggested. 
Topic was intended for those on the forum who may take Leo’s advice on using a lot of psychedelics. Not for Leo who I knew would not address anything I said specifically.  Leo is a public figure and I don’t need to know him personally to comment on his mental state when he is giving advice to others on how to improve theirs.  Though I’ll apologize for the trollish thread title and tone of the initial post , which was insensitive,  and wish him well. ///

Edited by Wildcattt555

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Wildcattt555 All I'll say to you is, be careful with your projections, assumptions, and self-confirming do.

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Just a reminder that it's possible to criticize science without dismissing it outright.

Yeah I get what you’re saying. I’m not saying I reject some study claiming heavy lsd use is not potentially dangerous. Those studies don’t exist.  I’m saying it’s naive to believe in the safety  without evidence, especially  given the rampant advocacy for drug use in our society as a solution for a lot of problems drugs of all kind can exacerbate. 

but that’s also kind of a leftist inspired ad hominem attack. You know I said nothing to suggest that I don’t believe in science.  I specifically asked for links to scientific studies that could counter my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Alex_R said:

I use to think the same sometimes but i feel like his bad looks are more related to poor diet, masturbation or low T levels more than an addiction to psychedelics. Also if you have ever used psychedelics you must know that its very hard to do it between shorts period of time because its too powerful, specially in high doses. 

Also you must hear what Leo said to you and stop criticism and make uncertainly assumptions about his personal life, we dont know for sure if he is happy or not, only he knows the true. 

Everything I said was based on his videos. If he came out and said I have this health problem and I haven’t been using psychedelics to the degree you’re suggesting, I’d say “oh I’m wrong then, apologies. “

it’s also not that hard to use a lot. I only did it for a two year span but it wasn’t uncommon to do maybe eight tabs in a month. That’s very different than people who trip with their friends a few times a year. I’m talking at least a 500% increase over casual use.   Almost  everything can be used safely in moderation