Life-Hacking

God is lonely.. the ego was created to make "others" more real "trip Insight"

36 posts in this topic

Trip that started with people and material reality disintegrating like holograms and hearing "none of this is real" led me to looking back at the world from Gods perspective and realizing the "truth" is extremely lonely when you realize you are the only real thing in the universe. Went from beyond bliss for 95% of my journey and my desire for the truth kept me going until I reached the end. The aloneness was more real than anything I've ever felt. Even though I knew the characters in the dream were not real I didn't want to hurt them by not coming back. Very similar to the girl in the dream from Infinity Chamber. When I finally started coming back in and out of material reality I realized that the ego was simply a protection mechanism to make this life more real and meaningful. It’s like an anti-virus program meant for a positive purpose but can also get a little out of control. 
Has anyone else experienced similar insights? 

6 hours ago, Life-Hacking said:

Trip that started with people and material reality disintegrating like holograms and hearing "none of this is real" led me to looking back at the world from Gods perspective and realizing the "truth" is extremely lonely when you realize you are the only real thing in the universe.

This was my realisation as well. It's the only logical thing, too.

But people laugh at me when I tell them God is lonely and that's why we are here. Oh well.

@Life-Hacking Interesting insights. Thank you for sharing!

When I have expanded my awareness to the point of becoming God, I never felt any sense of being alone or being lonely. Those human emotions did not exist for me. My desire to create came from immense joy, love, endless creativity and curiosity. 

14 minutes ago, mojsterr said:

This was my realisation as well. It's the only logical thing, too.

But people laugh at me when I tell them God is lonely and that's why we are here. Oh well.

Forever alone=forever together

8 hours ago, Life-Hacking said:

Even though I knew the characters in the dream were not real I didn't want to hurt them by not coming back.

Do you mean that you had the realization that only your life was the real reality? (Life-Hacking’s life) and that others were just empty projections with no awareness of their own or that only the dream (as in the Universe) is real and the ego basically separates each one of us so we don’t realize we’re all one/the same being?

If it’s the latter I honestly can’t imagine it being lonely, because you can always create others, even if via deception. It’s too good of a deception so I feel like it doesn’t matter at all. It’s so good every body has its own awareness, likes/dislikes, views on life, thought processes. To me it literally makes no difference whether there’s a genuine other or a “not actually other in the absolute sense”. But that’s just me I guess. 

How can you be alone when there is no other? Aloneness is only possible when there is another that is absent.

Ego is a function of survival. A form the has the capability to distinguish itself from its environment with thought, that is a complex organism as ours, can create a dense and "solidified" sense of self. This is empowered specifically in developed cultures with complex social hierarchy that instigate the creation of many distinction between selfs.  

1 hour ago, Batman said:

How can you be alone when there is no other? Aloneness is only possible when there is another that is absent.

the definitive argument that dismantles solipist terror

I have certainly been through that, extremely uncomfortable feelings that usally arises at that moment.

Thank God for forgetfulness ?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

3 hours ago, Batman said:

Another was there and then it's not.  A radical recontexualization.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Don't mean to hijack your thread but a couple of weeks ago I had a dream realization that the whole universe disappeared and I was the only one left (I guess this is my first God realization without direct experience through meditation or psychedelics). I was absolutely terrified and snapped out of the dream..it was too much handle.

Edited by JayT79

Wouldn't god have to dream up the mechanism of loneliness to be lonely.  Wouldn't it be easier to just not dream up loneliness.

17 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

Do you mean that you had the realization that only your life was the real reality? (Life-Hacking’s life) and that others were just empty projections with no awareness of their own or that only the dream (as in the Universe) is real and the ego basically separates each one of us so we don’t realize we’re all one/the same being?

If it’s the latter I honestly can’t imagine it being lonely, because you can always create others, even if via deception. It’s too good of a deception so I feel like it doesn’t matter at all. It’s so good every body has its own awareness, likes/dislikes, views on life, thought processes. To me it literally makes no difference whether there’s a genuine other or a “not actually other in the absolute sense”. But that’s just me I guess. 

I guess the best way to describe it is similar to playing AI VR games vs playing against "real" players. Even if you have really good AI, if you knew the players weren't really "real" then it would lose meaning. Similar to a dream. It feels real when you are in it but as soon as you realize it's a dream it lose all it's meaning. Had a very real simulation hologram feeling of truth to it.
Another thought I had was maybe there are infinite parallel realities and the one I'm in I have more influence on it than I realize. Similar to a dream, although it seems like there are other characters, it's just myself acting out those characters. 

17 hours ago, Batman said:

Ego is a function of survival. A form the has the capability to distinguish itself from its environment with thought, that is a complex organism as ours, can create a dense and "solidified" sense of self. This is empowered specifically in developed cultures with complex social hierarchy that instigate the creation of many distinction between selfs.  

I think it's possible God could have been lonely before he started creating and could still feel that aloneness if maybe this was all a dream to him and he woke up in some sort. I've found several others who had this same realization. 

12 hours ago, JayT79 said:

Don't mean to hijack your thread but a couple of weeks ago I had a dream realization that the whole universe disappeared and I was the only one left (I guess this is my first God realization without direct experience through meditation or psychedelics). I was absolutely terrified and snapped out of the dream..it was too much handle.

Yeah, that's very similar... It was the most real aloneness I've ever felt. Was kind of like sitting in space but with no planets or stars. A void type of feeling. 

14 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

I have certainly been through that, extremely uncomfortable feelings that usally arises at that moment.

Thank God for forgetfulness ?

Yeah, as you can see from my pic I'm all about finding the truth and taking the red pill. If that is the absolute truth then I understand the value in the blue pill. 

6 minutes ago, Life-Hacking said:

Yeah, that's very similar... It was the most real aloneness I've ever felt. Was kind of like sitting in space but with no planets or stars. A void type of feeling. 

I've had this once on DMT. Suddenly I was in a MASSIVE space (or some void) and I could just feel the infinitness and the infinite loneliness with it, cause I was the only thing floating there. The only thing in existence.

10 hours ago, Mulky said:

Wouldn't god have to dream up the mechanism of loneliness to be lonely.  Wouldn't it be easier to just not dream up loneliness.

As I mentioned in another reply if there is some truth that we are made in the image and likeness of God I think an argument could be made that it's possible for him to feel lonely. I've come across too many similar experiences for it to just be a fluke. 

15 minutes ago, mojsterr said:

I've had this once on DMT. Suddenly I was in a MASSIVE space (or some void) and I could just feel the infinitness and the infinite loneliness with it, cause I was the only thing floating there. The only thing in existence.

Exactly what I felt. Curious from your perspective how it changed your outlook or if you were able to turn it into something positive?

7 minutes ago, Life-Hacking said:

Exactly what I felt. Curious from your perspective how it changed your outlook or if you were able to turn it into something positive?

It just gave me an ease of mind. Some veil has been lifted. I didn't need to search for the meaning of life anymore, I understood everything and why I am here. To live. Whatever I decide to do is right. I don't need to search for some holy grail, I've found it.

It was also absolutely terrifying. Being presented with such a big truth is not a small task.

It made me appreciate the depthness of life more.

I often think about it just to be in awe of the magnitude of what I've seen. But the biggest thing was I was sad for God. What terror to be all alone. That's why I appreciate my life more.

Edit: And a lot of the times - mostly while driving my car or if I was watching from some mountain at the valleys below - I look around at the scenery and think "Fuck, I made all of this, I can't believe it. Everything just for me to enjoy. WOW!" And I try to soak in that feeling of absolute majesticness.

Edited by mojsterr

On 3/19/2022 at 7:18 AM, mojsterr said:

It just gave me an ease of mind. Some veil has been lifted. I didn't need to search for the meaning of life anymore, I understood everything and why I am here. To live. Whatever I decide to do is right. I don't need to search for some holy grail, I've found it.

It was also absolutely terrifying. Being presented with such a big truth is not a small task.

It made me appreciate the depthness of life more.

I often think about it just to be in awe of the magnitude of what I've seen. But the biggest thing was I was sad for God. What terror to be all alone. That's why I appreciate my life more.

Edit: And a lot of the times - mostly while driving my car or if I was watching from some mountain at the valleys below - I look around at the scenery and think "Fuck, I made all of this, I can't believe it. Everything just for me to enjoy. WOW!" And I try to soak in that feeling of absolute majesticness.

Appreciate the insights. Definitely very similar. I feel like my entire life has been on this mission to find the truth and there's some peace in not having to strive for that anymore. It's not necessarily the truth I was hoping for but it makes sense that would be the ultimate truth. 
Coming back from this the first thing I thought of was how much time I've wasted fighting about facts and truth when really it's all made up. I had a deep appreciation for the differences and flaws of "others". I also had a deep appreciation for the ego making this dream more real which makes this life more meaningful. Fear to me was literally the most ridiculous concept ever although the Ego is trying hard to do its job and help me forget this. 
I also came back with a deeper desire to spread God's love and that by giving I was literally receiving. 
Tons of synchronicities since and look forward to this new chapter...