ZenAlex

I've never understood this generations dependence on caffeine?

10 posts in this topic

There has been times where I accidentally ate too few calories and lost weight gradually. I was exercising for about 30-60 minutes a day during this time, plus hiking on the weekends. I'd have to wake up regularly at 5-6am. 

I never needed coffee/energy drinks at all. I understand why some athletes might, but why the average person?

When I eat healthy food, drink plenty of water, and get a good nights sleep I feel fine and productive all day, and even if I only get 2-3 hours, I can still get up an function.

I know there are some people with bad health conditions that make it difficult for them to function, but that's not most people.

I believe its because many people live simply inhumane lives. Without the drug of caffeine, people could not function adequately.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

It gives people an edge in this work to live, work 40+ hours per week culture. Also it is one of a few stimulants that are legal to consume. If coke was legal, more people would just do that. Most people eat the standard American diet or other plant based, nutrient deficient diets and require caffeine to have any energy. Even a healthy person can enjoy the euphoric effects of caffeine. Eventually regular caffeine use is obviously causing withdrawal effects of tiredness that only more caffeine or quitting entirely can fix.

You probably know all this but wanted to announce you do not personally consume caffeine like those other people lol.

@ZenAlex

Because most people are running on some level of energy deficit, whether because of diet or lack of life purpose or something else.

Caffeine helps them function as normal.

The problem with caffeine as I see it is that once you stop, it's hard to kick. You quickly become dependent and possibly even stress your system even more, which leads to needing even more caffeine just to get to baseline. Classic addiction dynamics.

Free up the energy in their system and people will not need caffeine, except perhaps in rare situations.

Also, it's a ritual.

Even if it doesn't really wake you up, it gives you at least a psychological feeling of wakefulness.

Also - it smells and tastes fucking amazing.

It helps you do stuff that you find uninteresting. And most people do something that does not interest them for a living.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

On 3/17/2022 at 7:59 PM, BirdNerd said:

other plant based, nutrient deficient diets and require caffeine to have any energy.

Do you claim all plant-based diets are nutrient deficient? Can you elaborate?

Edited by Kshantivadin

On 3/17/2022 at 9:23 AM, ZenAlex said:

When I eat healthy food, drink plenty of water, and get a good nights sleep I feel fine and productive all day, and even if I only get 2-3 hours, I can still get up an function.

The average person does almost none of that lol. A lot of people require caffeine just to function at a 3 out of 10. 

There are some people that genetically benefit more from caffeine too. So it just depends. If someone can tolerate and function well on it, then people seem to like it. I find it harmful to me now. However, when my health wasn't optimal it seemed to help. 

You don’t need caffeine, just hang upside down ? hehe.

On 3/17/2022 at 6:59 PM, BirdNerd said:

It gives people an edge in this work to live, work 40+ hours per week culture. Also it is one of a few stimulants that are legal to consume. If coke was legal, more people would just do that. Most people eat the standard American diet or other plant based, nutrient deficient diets and require caffeine to have any energy. Even a healthy person can enjoy the euphoric effects of caffeine. Eventually regular caffeine use is obviously causing withdrawal effects of tiredness that only more caffeine or quitting entirely can fix.

You probably know all this but wanted to announce you do not personally consume caffeine like those other people lol.

Sorry for late response. Did I touch a nerve or something?

I'm simply interested in the discussion because I personally believe most people who rely on caffeine simply have crappy lifestyles, as we live in the most physically relaxed generation ever, and somehow they need caffeine to function.

I know there'll be exceptions when some people have unavoidable health issues etc, but IMO most people would not need caffeine if their lifestyle was better.