PurpleTree

how would you react if your country got attacked?

18 posts in this topic

Like the situation in Ukraine right now.

But this isn't a discussion about Ukraine/Russia.

Just how do you think you'd react in such a situation.

Obviously talking behind a screen is pretty easy.

Would you stay and fight? Would you fight depending on who the attacker is and if you see a chance?

Would you leave?

I'd probably try to leave, war is just too gruesome. Especially with modern weaponry like drones and hypersonic missiles. After a few days of not really sleeping i'd probably be useless anyway.

But who knows, some men/people have excelled in crisis/war situations

It's like when Krishna tells Arjuna in the Baghavad Gita, this is war guy, gotta fight your wars even if it appears gruesome, scary and inhumane.

Hmmmm.

Considering the fact that I have no national identity or sense of allegiance/belonging to any country and no family/loved ones to live for, I would most likely join the military and spend my last days playing with guns and shooting the enemy. Hopefully would get gunned down as opposed to getting captured, tortured and raped but those are the risks that I am willing to take 

1 minute ago, K Ghoul said:

Hmmmm.

Considering the fact that I have no national identity or sense of allegiance/belonging to any country and no family/loved ones to live for, I would most likely join the military and spend my last days playing with guns and shooting the enemy. Hopefully would get gunned down as opposed to getting captured, tortured and raped but those are the risks that I am willing to take 

That's sad k why would you fight and hope to die if you don't even feel connected to any country? is this a kind of suicide by war type deal?

or it would give your life/death meaning?

1 minute ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

I'm not fighting any war - there would be no honour in it anyway. Any pussy can get a hold of a weapon, pull the trigger and kill someone. These are not ancient/medieval times anymore, when 2 armies bravely fought each other with swords, shields, pikes and horses - not saying I would fight like that either, but there's more honour in that.

Nowadays, due to technological inovations, wars are fought in a coward way - shoot and don't get shot.

Yea certainly. although it's probably much easier to kill enemies with a joystick form an office with a drone, or drop bombs than to stab an enemy with a sword while seeing his face.

@PurpleTree

21 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Like the situation in Ukraine right now.

But this isn't a discussion about Ukraine/Russia.

Just how do you think you'd react in such a situation.

Obviously talking behind a screen is pretty easy.

Would you stay and fight? Would you fight depending on who the attacker is and if you see a chance?

Would you leave?

I'd probably try to leave, war is just too gruesome. Especially with modern weaponry like drones and hypersonic missiles. After a few days of not really sleeping i'd probably be useless anyway.

But who knows, some men/people have excelled in crisis/war situations

It's like when Krishna tells Arjuna in the Baghavad Gita, this is war guy, gotta fight your wars even if it appears gruesome, scary and inhumane.

It depends on the situation, and depends on who or what groups is doing the aggression. I'd stay open minded and flexible, and do whatever in whatever situation that's unfolding.

32 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

That's sad k why would you fight and hope to die if you don't even feel connected to any country? is this a kind of suicide by war type deal?

or it would give your life/death meaning?

no purp, nothing like that :x

I’m just a simple person who likes to live in simple ways.

I'd take my pets, my family and flee as I would be no good.   I'd flee like a mouse.  Or I might fawn and do nothing, just sit there.  War is unimaginable to me. :/ 

17 minutes ago, K Ghoul said:

no purp, nothing like that :x

I’m just a simple person who likes to live in simple ways.

alright

i'm also simple, i like things like boobs and photosynthesis

well i hope you won't kill purp if we find ourselves in opposing armies on the battlefield

but if you do kill him, make it quick :/ 

51 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@PurpleTree

It depends on the situation, and depends on who or what groups is doing the aggression. I'd stay open minded and flexible, and do whatever in whatever situation that's unfolding.

that's good

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-26 um 21.11.02.png

3 minutes ago, Loba said:

I'd take my pets, my family and flee as I would be no good.   I'd flee like a mouse.  Or I might fawn and do nothing, just sit there.  War is unimaginable to me. :/ 

yea it's nuts

Well, if a war was on American soil, then my husband would probably fight, even though he's not in the military and since I'm a nurse I would probably stay and work in a military hospital, if they take civilian nurses. I don't known what I'd do with my cat though. 

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Just now, Knowledge Hoarder said:

That's oddly specific?

xD 

He must spend a lot of time thinking about both!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta Maybe that is what I would do, is take people's pets in who are off fighting, or who have abandoned their pets.
Temp. shelter space.  I used to work at dog daycares and night shift so I know how to care for a lot of animals..

I might not want to flee, due to possibly pride, or because my life is here and I wouldn't know where to go.
It's hard to know exactly how I'd react; it depends on the type of war, too.  Which country it was, if I was living in a dangerous area, or a safe one.

@Loba

That would be lovely ❤

However, I would tell most women and children to flee if able. I'm older then most of you here and lived a lot of my life already. If I could help the injured people I think I'd like to do that. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

51 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

i'm also simple, i like things like boobs and photosynthesis

well i hope you won't kill purp if we find ourselves in opposing armies on the battlefield

but if you do kill him, make it quick :/ 

I’d flash him before killing him ;)

Precisely. What do the people of Middle East feel when USA and some countries of EU, and UK kill and bomb them?

What has Palestinians been feeling when Israel has been bombing them?

Are these types of crime, carried on by the 1st world countries, perceived to be good?

What do Iranians feel? And Syrians?

Hmmmm...

Edited by rnd

I would go hide in an underground bunker. No way am I fighting in a war. My gentle soul believes in peace and making love, no war. If I had to die, so be it. At least I didn't participate in war. There should be a collective consciousness to end war for good. Today's technology can do that. In this current globalized climate war absolutely doesn't make sense. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

If conscription comes back before I'm old enough to get exempted, which I think is at least 5 years off, I'd probably be a conscientious objector and go to prison for a couple of years instead of war, or work in a wartime factory as an alternative to imprisonment if it's an option.

If war comes to Canadian soil, at that point there's probably nowhere to leave to. No point objecting and going to jail, only to get nuked in a cell. So give me my state-issued rifle and I guess it's do or die time.

My navigation and situational awareness is pretty crap if battle royale games like PUBG are any indication, so I'd probably die with a negative K/D ratio.

If I was in my 20s and lived anywhere east of Germany, I would start running, lifting, and getting in shape ASAP.

Edited by Yarco

I have trusted friends overseas who will 100% take me in. I would reach out to them and flee asap. That requires that I be early enough that the airport is functional though. Otherwise depending on the situation would just buy a boat and sail to a neighbouring country if there's a chance of survival there and no chance of return as I will be a deserter in my country due to conscription laws. If there is no hope of escape I will be mobilized and serve in the civil defence and that's what I will be doing, rescue work and the like. If that disintegrates or the govt is overthrown I will take up arms and fight to the death. My country was occupied by the Japanese in WW2. The stories from back then are truly horrific and there is no way I would allow anyone to round me up and shoot me, or torture me, or lock me in an enclosed room overnight with no water and then bayonet me the next morning or send me on a death march without me fighting

Edited by WikiRando

The meat churning war machine is in Europe grinding up bodies again

Don't know wether i should admire the guys in the vid or think they're idiots. They are from the UK many of them with no real ties to the Ukraine but they enlist to fight there. Good luck chaps hope you don't end up as cannon fodder

You know why is war continuous? 

Edited by Twenty