Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kray

Open to the possibility that Leo is not FULLY awakened

21 posts in this topic

If god is realizing your are infinite, how can you reach the "Highest awakening" @Leo Gura? You say that no amount of mediation, yoga, kundalini, shamanic breathing will get one to this level, yet you leave out psychedelics. Are you actually fully awake, or could the possibility exist that you simply self-deluded yourself while taking 5 meo, or any drug for that matter? I love your work Leo, but you did come off as an arrogant asshole to me in your last video, and I mean that constructively. Do you know that when you come out with such a claim, that you discount THOUSANDS of years of traditions and practices that were built for the very purpose of reaching this state of "highest" truth. Sure maybe our favorite teachers like the Buddha, Jesus, Sadhguru, etc. may have not reached the level of awakening that you claim to have reached, but those guys went pretty damn far without using any drugs. Also how can there be a "highest awakening", when being itself is an infinite thing? This confuses me. I hope you take my comments as not hating on your work, but rather a genuine expression of how I felt about your last video :)

Highest awakening, is realization of God is just a thought. The one who become God, human, experience, vs vs was never there. Enlightenment or highest awakening is the realization of now is before birth and nothing has never happened. Simply being where you already are not even moved nor began. 

@kray I highly doubt Leo would say he is fully awakened, within the form Leo.  You could make some argument about the truest self-being the Tat, Brahma, God, etc., hence being fully awake (I am sooooo tired of this point being made).

IMO there comes a point in the journey when you become comfortable with where you are in the grand show.  First we don't know there is a show, then we want to know, we belive we can know everything (fully awaken), then we come to a point where we realize we are IT but currently holding down an aspect of IT and not the fully engaged in the magnitude of IT consciously. We become ok with this as we awaken to the nature of what is.  

You have to praise, glorify, and seek the concept of fully awakened until you awaken to a degree of knowledge that satiates that impulse.  

Journey strong..  

29 minutes ago, kray said:

If god is realizing your are infinite, how can you reach the "Highest awakening" @Leo Gura? You say that no amount of mediation, yoga, kundalini, shamanic breathing will get one to this level, yet you leave out psychedelics. Are you actually fully awake, or could the possibility exist that you simply self-deluded yourself while taking 5 meo, or any drug for that matter? I love your work Leo, but you did come off as an arrogant asshole to me in your last video, and I mean that constructively. Do you know that when you come out with such a claim, that you discount THOUSANDS of years of traditions and practices that were built for the very purpose of reaching this state of "highest" truth. Sure maybe our favorite teachers like the Buddha, Jesus, Sadhguru, etc. may have not reached the level of awakening that you claim to have reached, but those guys went pretty damn far without using any drugs. Also how can there be a "highest awakening", when being itself is an infinite thing? This confuses me. I hope you take my comments as not hating on your work, but rather a genuine expression of how I felt about your last video :)

Don't worry about Leo..he's a character in your story.  If you wake up he will go poof.  So will the Buddha

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

What does it mean to be fully awake? what does it look like?

I am open that Leo is fully awake. and I don't think what he is saying disagrees with tradition either. 

Like when he says everything is imaginary, or it's God's imagination, that's really no different than saying everything is creation or God's creation.

But comparing Leo to other teachers is a thought activity -part of the imagination/creation- and not wakefulness.

It's likely to me that many individuals throughout history were awake and their creation unfolded differently due to their wakefulness. 

I still don't think it's useful to say forget the teachers because the teachers were created by you so that you could awaken and live a good dream.

I still think Jesus Christ was an awakened Son of God, but Leo is saying, what good is it to know that, since its a thought and its imaginary.

- waking up is recognizing, I created Jesus within my mind, which is not a bad thing lol. 

Edited by SgtPepper

2 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

What does it mean to be fully awake? what does it look like?

Only you will know the answer when you awaken.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

29 minutes ago, No Body said:

Highest awakening, is realization of God is just a thought. The one who become God, human, experience, vs vs was never there. Enlightenment or highest awakening is the realization of now is before birth and nothing has never happened. Simply being where you already are not even moved nor began. 

Banned for previously banned account

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Only you will know the answer when you awaken.

:) I wanted to pose the question to OP.

By the way, the conversations we were having yesterday was super helpful and led to me to have an awakening experience last night. 

Very happy I can discuss with you guys my thoughts!

Just now, SgtPepper said:

:) I wanted to pose the question to OP.

By the way, the conversations we were having yesterday was super helpful and led to me to have an awakening experience last night. 

Very happy I can discuss with you guys my thoughts!

I'm glad to hear that.   Just goes to show the discussions can help.  I've had spontaneous awakenings right on the forum before.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

James . I miss him

I don't.   More Neo-advaita and thought demonizing.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I don't.   More Neo-advaita and thought demonizing.

too obsessed with being right and not accepting any other point of view or being open to the possibility that the awakening is more than "nothing", but with some good points and direct experience. I hope he becomes more flexible and comes back

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

too obsessed with being right and not accepting any other point of view or being open to the possibility that the awakening is more than "nothing", but with some good points and direct experience. I hope he becomes more flexible and comes back

Agreed

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

53 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yeah, I think a lot of it had to do with the language barrier and misunderstanding what he was trying to point to.

The apparent issue is there are hundreds of concepts on this forum about what enlightenment is or isn't like and none of them are actually it because enlightenment is literally the end of conceptual personalized experience. 

Osho once said something along the lines of "having to force-feed someone a spoonful of sugar for them to understand what it really taste like".

That kind of force-feeding obviously doesn't work too well with the regulations in place on this forum.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Once you awaken, you realize there is no one there. 

There is absolutely no one to be there with YOU, once you awaken, let that register through.

There is NO ONE, "LEO" is not there once you wake up to your truth.

You are misunderstanding what truth realization is.

30 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

concepts on this forum about what enlightenment is or isn't

something similar happens to james than to you. you see that the self is not real. it is an entity created by thought without real substance. if you eliminate the thought, the emptiness remains, impersonal. okay. so james says, reality=nothing, before birth. you say: the self does not exist. ok, but those two things are said by the self. clinging to those two ideas is limiting, like clinging to any idea. what is intended is the total liberation of the apparent entity that tries to go to the bottom of reality, in truth, enlighten itself. you can say that entity does not exist, but existence exists. imo you have to let go of any idea, and the current present will be able to manifest itself for what it is, beyond any definition. existence, absolute, god. this is an experience, not a word

37 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

but those two things are said by the self. 

There just isn't a self already. 

From the perspective of an unawakened individual, an enlightened individual will still seem to be a conditioned character riddled with all sorts of concepts about reality because that's what is being experienced by the unawakened individual.....(mirror effect).

The internal experience of separation gives rise to the external experience of separation... (I am here in this body and everyone else is out there in those bodies)... both of which are unreal.

It's just too radical and simultaneously obvious when it's recognized.

And the weirdest part is it's not an experience or a happening.

It's the end of something that never actually started but only seemed to.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

I don't feel that he is fully awakened, but I do think that he is 'very' awake.

In some of his videos, like the solipsism blog video, he drops himself for a while to show his eyes, and if you look at them, you can see the energies and wisdom that he has collected - it's hard to describe, but it's like a tiger or wolf look that awakened people can get, but the eyes are shiner, more detached.  One of my fave teachers; I read from her works - she, well, she has deep eyes like that, too, that transfer how awake she is - and she still has some ego stuff that I can see when I watch her interviews and read her works, but you can tell she has seen some stuff and has gotten very far in her journey - and that's what I see in him.