justfortoday

A Detailed Explanation of How, and Why You Are the Only One Conscious

124 posts in this topic

First, this is not for novices. I have seen a lot of questions and discussions on this forum about Solipsism, and people misunderstanding how it is that they could be the only conscious beings in existence. So, I wanted to drop some truth and give a detailed explanation for how it actually works.

Who the hell am I and why am I qualified to speak on this?

I'm a seeker, just like you, who has had dozens of incredibly powerful awakenings where I've realized the nature of reality and the self. I also had a near death experience where my heart stopped for 35 seconds in the hospital, and experienced the infinite. I have done psychedelics, as well as intensive self inquiry and experimentation with my visual field. All I ask is that you keep an open mind to the following, and I hope it helps.

So, is Solipsism true? 

100% Yes. However, you need to understand a few things to grasp this:

1 — What is God?

God is another word for that which cannot be spoken. It is "nothing." The great silence. Nothing is uncreated, as there is nothing else to create it, and necessary, as non-existence is impossible, as you would need existence to define against it.

"Nothing" / that which cannot be spoken is:

• Not a "thing", but a being
  • Eternal (as it did not have a beginning, nor an end, as it is uncreated)
  • Non-localized (as there is nothing outside of it to be contained in)
  • All powerful (as physical limits do not exist prior to nothing, there is nothing to limit it).

Because this "nothing" is all powerful, nothing limited it from "awakening" or creating consciousness. An important fact to recognize, is that this "nothing" is mystical in origin. That is right, reality is mystical in origin, and not mechanical. It literally came out of nowhere, and no when. Complete magic. Let this sink in.

2 — Notice that everything is happening in your mind

Look around you, look at your body, a tree, a house, whatever.

Realize that all of reality is appearing in your consciousness. No matter what you do, you cannot escape the colors, sounds, feelings, thoughts, etc.

Even if you come from the materialist paradigm that it is all your brain, everything you are experiencing is appearing in your mind.

You have never, in fact, experienced anything other than your mind.

Yes? Good.

Now, where most go wrong is that they assume that the colors, sounds, thoughts, feelings, sensations, etc, are happening in their brain, and that they are receiving input from a physical world and a physical universe. But notice that it is exactly backwards. 

You have zero experience of a brain, or a face, or a head.

Look at your own direct experience and notice that right where your "face" should be, you have a luminous void in which the world, colors, sounds, feelings, etc, are appearing.

This void, or screen, is happening nowhere. Everything you have ever experienced has taken place in this void.

Close your eyes. What do you see?

A dark field.

This dark field is what holds your entire existence.

Objects, the universe, the world, everything appears in your consciousness, not the other way around.

3 — What is reality?

Reality is a VR experience or game, created by God, to keep itself entertained for all eternity.

4 — Am I God?

Yes. You are conscious. You are god.

See, because God is one, there cannot be another experience but its experience. 

God is a singular being dreaming up lifetime after lifetime, from the first person perspective, for eternity.

It has nothing else to entertain itself for all eternity but to dream.

And your life, right now, is one of those dreams.

You are literally God dreaming that it is your human self.

And when your current lifetime ends, you awake as a new self, in a new dream, and the process repeats.

Your consciousness is God's consciousness. And you have been awake, dreaming lifetime after lifetime for EVER.

5 — Is my life a dream?

Yes. Your life is a dream.

There is no physical universe, physical world, physical anything. 

It is all simply appearances happening within your consciousness.

Everything you try to use as an excuse to this fact is in essence delusion.

Your senses are not communicating information to you from an outside source. 

Your visual field, what you are experiencing right now, is all there is. There is nothing behind the appearance causing it, and no 3D dimensionality. 

It is simply a flat screen "wrapped" around your "head", projecting images for you.

And this creates the illusion of being a physical body.

6 — Are others conscious?

No. Others are not conscious. Only you are conscious. 

There is ONE single instance of consciousness in existence. And that instance is YOU right now.

All "others" in your dream are simply shards of your own infinite mind. This mind again, is happening nowhere. It is absolute.

7— But how does it work?

Here is where it gets juicy:

So, as God is eternal all powerful.

It created this dream reality all at once, without any self living it.

All possible dreams. All possible lifetimes. All possible combinations of storylines, characters, and evens. All possible colors, sounds, feelings, objects, etc.

Everything that could ever possibly be (again, these are dreams, as nothing can be outside of a dream / consciousness), were imagined all at once.

All of reality created in one instant, but without any animating self or consciousness to experience it.

All characters were empty suits, as they were simply models created by this infinite mind.

Once that was done, God decided to JUMP in and live each possible lifetime and each possible character, from the first person perspective.

Your life /dream right now is one of those combinations / possibilities. And once you are done with this life, you will go on to live another dream.

You get it?

"My" life and "your" life are non concurrent — they are not simultaneous experiences.

God could have lived 1 million lifetimes between yours and mine.

From your perspective, it looks like there are others, but in reality, everyone in your dream is one of those empty suits that God imagined during the moment of creation.

But it gets more twisted, because one day you will live their existence within the dream, as they are another character. And you will then encounter a non-conscious version of yourself, but you will be in another character's body.

8 — Is my life a Replay? Do I have free will?

Yes, your life is a replay. It already happened in the mind of God, and what you are, is God *experiencing* that movie or dream.

Yes, you have free will, and can alter the chain of events unfolding in your dream. It is an interactive movie or VR experience.

----

Hope it helps.

If you have any questions please post below and I will try to answer.

Edited by justfortoday

The only thing I can't say I've really seen clearly is that God created all this from the get go and now experiences lifetime after lifetime. I can sense something about this and it's getting me in a very deep state, thank you for that - but somehow this feels like a story. When I look into beingness right here, right now, that's not what I see. But to be fair, I also don't see that others are conscious. Both are just interpretations.

I guess my mind is stuck on why some of you (quite suddenly) are so very sure that this one option is true. You claim you understand why and how all this is happening. I believe it could be possible to know it directly. I haven't, but I want nothing more than that. It's just this one point I'm somehow unsure of because something in me smells fantasy making.

Good one :)
Thank you (me) ;)

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

Thank you!
So if i understand it correctly, in my reality right now, there's no other conscious being, it's only me, but at the same time,  for example my mother,  is the only conscious being in her's reality, so my current body is an avatar in her's reality, but it's still the same conscious in every possible time-line, which is GOD? 

Holy shit, how fucked up is that?

Edited by Forza21

8 minutes ago, Forza21 said:

Thank you!
So if i understand it correctly, in my reality right now, there's no other conscious being, it's only me, but at the same time,  for example my mother,  is the only conscious being in her's reality, so my current body is an avatar in her's reality, but it's still the same conscious in every possible time-line, which is GOD? 

Holy shit, how fucked up is that?

You almost got it right : )

You're conscious. No one else. Your mom (and everyone else) is an empty suit being controlled by your mind. Your mom is appearing in your consciousness, your mind, (her colors, sounds, etc). You are controlling her. She doesn't have her own consciousness.

She may react like she does but that is because you are dreaming the whole thing up, including the dialogue. It is simply an appearance in your mind.

One day, because God has to live all possible characters, you will live your "mom's" life, but in that case, Forza21 will be an empty suit controlled by YOUR mind which is now imagining it is your mom.

And yes, same consciousness living all possible lives / dreams, but not simultaneously. 

Only one instance of consciousness in existence.

In this case, it's yours.

All others you encounter in your life are simply empty suits being controlled by your own mind. 

Edited by justfortoday

4 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

And yes, same consciousness living all possible lives / dreams, but not simultaneously.

This is the only part where I do not agree.  Otherwise, I find your explication of the matter to be superb.  

Just now, The Lucid Dreamer said:

This is the only part where I do not agree.  Otherwise, I find your explication of the matter to be superb.  

Same here. I don't get why not simultaneously.

9 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

You almost got it right : )

You're conscious. No one else. Your mom (and everyone else) is an empty suit being controlled by your mind. Your mom is appearing in your consciousness, your mind, (her colors, sounds, etc). You are controlling her. She doesn't have her own consciousness.

She may react like she does but that is because you are dreaming the whole thing up, including the dialogue. It is simply an appearance in your mind.

One day, because God has to live all possible characters, you will live your "mom's" life, but in that case, Forza21 will be an empty suit controlled by YOUR mind which is now imagining it is your mom.

Only one instance of consciousness in existence.

In this case, it's yours.

All others you encounter in your life are simply empty suits being controlled by your own mind. 

Honestly, for the first time, i feel like it resonate with me, and it makes sense ( as much as it can, because still, it's crazy.) Thank you!

So basically, you agree to everything Leo says?

After the realization, what did you feel?  How did you deal with loneliness?

8 minutes ago, Forza21 said:

Honestly, for the first time, i feel like it resonate with me, and it makes sense ( as much as it can, because still, it's crazy.) Thank you!

So basically, you agree to everything Leo says?

After the realization, what did you feel?  How did you deal with loneliness?

Basically, I agree with @Leo Gura to the degree that I am fully aware he is a shard of my own mind. 

The realization for me came during a near death experience. It was incredibly traumatizing and I experienced things during that infinite gap that cannot be described with words. All my awakenings do not compare to what that was like.

To realize that your entire visual field is simply a flat screen playing a movie that was "wrapped" around your consciousness the entire time, was, let's just say, intense.

Even more intense when, in this state, I "turned" my consciousness and looked behind me and saw that I was existing in between a black infinite void, and an eternal white light.

I now see the beauty in creation. It is basically magic happening right in front of you. And you are the magician.

I now treat "others" as I want to treat myself, simply out of love, as I am them, and they are me.

Edited by justfortoday

18 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Same here. I don't get why not simultaneously.

Because time is an illusion imagined by God which is you.   Multiple experiences are an illusion.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

Basically, I agree with @Leo Gura to the degree that I am fully aware he is a shard of my own mind. 

The realization for me came during a near death experience. It was incredibly traumatizing and I experienced things during that infinite gap that cannot be described with words. All my awakenings do not compare to what that was like.

To realize that your entire visual field is simply a flat screen playing a movie that was "wrapped" around your consciousness was, let's just say, intense.

That's why I want to share this with you because hopefully it can save you heartache.

wow! It's truly incredible, and your communicating skill is extraordinary too.

So after  near-death experience, did you still find a courage to explore some more on psychedelics?

And how do you feel now? is there love, joy, or is it still traumatizing? 

I'm a seeker too, and i feel what i need to do, to reach that realization (DMT included of course), but I'm afraid of what's after that. ;-)  Maybe it's better to stay unconscious and in a dream? What was better for you? Would you go back to the unknowing?

Edited by Forza21

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Because time is an illusion imagined by God which is you.   Multiple experiences are an illusion.

Okay, and why is successive experiences not my illusion as well? Isn't the "one after another" also bound by the illusion of time?

2 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Okay, and why is successive experiences not my illusion as well? Isn't the "one after another" also bound by the illusion of time?

That's imagination.  There aren't successive experiences.   You are the Now.  You are the Present Moment but you imagine time. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1  So practically it is one layer(perspective) of the film at the time, but the illusion of "simultaneously" is direct effect of infinite amount of layers of film glued together so every film is synchronised with each other on the same timeline. 

@justfortoday thank you so much for sharing, this helped me greatly understand the singular timeline issue.

1 hour ago, justfortoday said:

First, this is not for novices. I have seen a lot of questions and discussions on this forum about Solipsism, and people misunderstanding how it is that they could be the only conscious beings in existence. So, I wanted to drop some truth and give a detailed explanation for how it actually works.

Who the hell am I and why am I qualified to speak on this?

I'm a seeker, just like you, who has had dozens of incredibly powerful awakenings where I've realized the nature of reality and the self. I also had a near death experience where my heart stopped for 35 seconds in the hospital, and experienced the infinite. I have done psychedelics, as well as intensive self inquiry and experimentation with my visual field. All I ask is that you keep an open mind to the following, and I hope it helps.

So, is Solipsism true? 

100% Yes. However, you need to understand a few things to grasp this:

1 — What is God?

God is another word for that which cannot be spoken. It is "nothing." The great silence. Nothing is uncreated, as there is nothing else to create it, and necessary, as non-existence is impossible, as you would need existence to define against it.

"Nothing" / that which cannot be spoken is:

• Not a "thing", but a being
  • Eternal (as it did not have a beginning, nor an end, as it is uncreated)
  • Non-localized (as there is nothing outside of it to be contained in)
  • All powerful (as physical limits do not exist prior to nothing, there is nothing to limit it).

Because this "nothing" is all powerful, nothing limited it from "awakening" or creating consciousness. An important fact to recognize, is that this "nothing" is mystical in origin. That is right, reality is mystical in origin, and not mechanical. It literally came out of nowhere, and no when. Complete magic. Let this sink in.

2 — Notice that everything is happening in your mind

Look around you, look at your body, a tree, a house, whatever.

Realize that all of reality is appearing in your consciousness. No matter what you do, you cannot escape the colors, sounds, feelings, thoughts, etc.

Even if you come from the materialist paradigm that it is all your brain, everything you are experiencing is appearing in your mind.

You have never, in fact, experienced anything other than your mind.

Yes? Good.

Now, where most go wrong is that they assume that the colors, sounds, thoughts, feelings, sensations, etc, are happening in their brain, and that they are receiving input from a physical world and a physical universe. But notice that it is exactly backwards. 

You have zero experience of a brain, or a face, or a head.

Look at your own direct experience and notice that right where your "face" should be, you have a luminous void in which the world, colors, sounds, feelings, etc, are appearing.

This void, or screen, is happening nowhere. Everything you have ever experienced has taken place in this void.

Close your eyes. What do you see?

A dark field.

This dark field is what holds your entire existence.

Objects, the universe, the world, everything appears in your consciousness, not the other way around.

3 — What is reality?

Reality is a VR experience or game, created by God, to keep itself entertained for all eternity.

4 — Am I God?

Yes. You are conscious. You are god.

See, because God is one, there cannot be another experience but its experience. 

God is a singular being dreaming up lifetime after lifetime, from the first person perspective, for eternity.

It has nothing else to entertain itself for all eternity but to dream.

And your life, right now, is one of those dreams.

You are literally God dreaming that it is your human self.

And when your current lifetime ends, you awake as a new self, in a new dream, and the process repeats.

Your consciousness is God's consciousness. And you have been awake, dreaming lifetime after lifetime for EVER.

5 — Is my life a dream?

Yes. Your life is a dream.

There is no physical universe, physical world, physical anything. 

It is all simply appearances happening within your consciousness.

Everything you try to use as an excuse to this fact is in essence delusion.

Your senses are not communicating information to you from an outside source. 

Your visual field, what you are experiencing right now, is all there is. There is nothing behind the appearance causing it, and no 3D dimensionality. 

It is simply a flat screen "wrapped" around your "head", projecting images for you.

And this creates the illusion of being a physical body.

6 — Are others conscious?

No. Others are not conscious. Only you are conscious. 

There is ONE single instance of consciousness in existence. And that instance is YOU right now.

All "others" in your dream are simply shards of your own infinite mind. This mind again, is happening nowhere. It is absolute.

7— But how does it work?

Here is where it gets juicy:

So, as God is eternal all powerful.

It created this dream reality all at once, without any self living it.

All possible dreams. All possible lifetimes. All possible combinations of storylines, characters, and evens. All possible colors, sounds, feelings, objects, etc.

Everything that could ever possibly be (again, these are dreams, as nothing can be outside of a dream / consciousness), were imagined all at once.

All of reality created in one instant, but without any animating self or consciousness to experience it.

All characters were empty suits, as they were simply models created by this infinite mind.

Once that was done, God decided to JUMP in and live each possible lifetime and each possible character, from the first person perspective.

Your life /dream right now is one of those combinations / possibilities. And once you are done with this life, you will go on to live another dream.

You get it?

"My" life and "your" life are non concurrent — they are not simultaneous experiences.

God could have lived 1 million lifetimes between yours and mine.

From your perspective, it looks like there are others, but in reality, everyone in your dream is one of those empty suits that God imagined during the moment of creation.

But it gets more twisted, because one day you will live their existence within the dream, as they are another character. And you will then encounter a non-conscious version of yourself, but you will be in another character's body.

8 — Is my life a Replay? Do I have free will?

Yes, your life is a replay. It already happened in the mind of God, and what you are, is God *experiencing* that movie or dream.

Yes, you have free will, and can alter the chain of events unfolding in your dream. It is an interactive movie or VR experience.

----

Hope it helps.

If you have any questions please post below and I will try to answer.

@justfortoday this is legitimately one of the best posts I have ever seen on this forum... Thank you so much, you have a way of explaining this very concisely and directly. Awesome!!!

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Isn’t this exactly why it must all be simultaneous? ;)  Whatever appears is appearing Now.  

14 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

I now treat "others" as I want to treat myself, simply out of love, as I am them, and they are me.

This should be in your OP. It's much better than calling everybody dead meat suits.

It's NOT solipsism!

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

1 minute ago, Gili Trawangan said:

This should be in your OP. It's much better than calling everybody dead meat suits.

It's NOT solipsism!

I am proposing (S)olipsism. You are all of reality right now. 

Others are you. 

3 minutes ago, Explorer_42 said:

@Inliytened1  So practically it is one layer(perspective) of the film at the time, but the illusion of "simultaneously" is direct effect of infinite amount of layers of film glued together so every film is synchronised with each other on the.

That's imagination.  There is no film.  Get the projector analysis Leo gave you out of your mind.  That is an analogy and not reality.  What you are is the presen moment and this can't be captured.   The present moment then goes to any lengths to explain or imagine itself away 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 minutes ago, Forza21 said:

wow! It's truly incredible, and your communicating skill is extraordinary too.

So after  near-death experience, did you still find a courage to explore some more on psychedelics?

And how do you feel now? is there love, joy, or is it still traumatizing? 

I'm a seeker too, and i feel what i need to do, to reach that realization (DMT included of course), but I'm afraid of what's after that. ;-)  Maybe it's better to stay unconscious and in a dream? What was better for you? Would you go back to the unknowing?

I explored due to my reality being completely shook upside down and needing a lubricator for consciousness. 

However, I needed to do a lot of intense self inquiry, for years, to even lift the veil of ignorance. 

I feel alright. There is love, and joy, but everything has changed. The truth is that knowing the truth about existence can be pretty scary.

I would not go back.

I choose Truth over comfort.