Philipp

What is Daniel Schmachtenbergs career path?

48 posts in this topic

@Barbara

8 hours ago, Barbara said:

@Danioover9000 Ahah I meant Bret Weinstein darkhorse podcast!

This is how misinformation is spread kids

I see. Tis a shame, it would have been really cool if a stage yellow genius could also draw well as well. Would've proved my pet theory of drawing being linked to increases in intelligence -_-

Math and counseling psychology? How’d he become an expert on social philosophy or whatever. Not to say that he’s wrong but just wondering. 

Edited by Dryas

I presume personal studying.  He seems like he's just a fucking intellectual wizard.  Don't forget hs probably was thinking differently early on.  He speaks about how he was homeschooled and said he was a slow learner at first.  But once he understood the most fundamental part of what he was learning, he learning skyrocketed.  

I presume a mix of upbringing, genetics... the ol' nature n' nurture thing.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

4 hours ago, Dryas said:

Math and counseling psychology? How’d he become an expert on social philosophy or whatever. Not to say that he’s wrong but just wondering. 

Autodidact, like many other great minds.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Autodidact, like many other great minds.

Right but I’d imagine his main thing being related to what he’s studied through university since it’s usually where you go most in depth. I guess it doesn’t always have to be that way and he’s an example. 

18 minutes ago, Dryas said:

Right but I’d imagine his main thing being related to what he’s studied through university since it’s usually where you go most in depth. I guess it doesn’t always have to be that way and he’s an example. 

What's Leo's main thing? ;) 

55 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

What's Leo's main thing? ;) 

Philosophy and self help, I’d say. Both of which often intersect. 

4 hours ago, Dryas said:

Philosophy and self help, I’d say. Both of which often intersect. 

Let's just say that most of that he didn't learn in university ;) ("the implications of God's Absolute Infinity" is not on the curriculum :D).

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Let's just say that most of that he didn't learn in university ;) ("the implications of God's Absolute Infinity" is not on the curriculum :D).

Sure, but it’d make sense to still put it under philosophy. 

10 minutes ago, Dryas said:

They don't really teach you philosophy at school. Just philosophical history. And they might throw some logical thinking into the mix, so at least that's nice.

On 9.2.2022 at 1:12 AM, Leo Gura said:

Selling a $100/bottle brain supplement is very grifty in my book. That's some old-school Tim Ferris shit.

I know Daniel personally, so let me weigh in a bit.

Neurohacker is the only supplement company I know who jumps through hoops and hurdles to make sure that their products are not contaminated with any sort of impurity that might effect the agent or the customer in a negative way. That means over the top quality control of their supplement sources, rigorously testing every charge that comes in while tightly observing the manufacturing process. Also, some of the chemical forms used in their supplements are more expensive to produce but come with higher amount of bioavailability.

I am not sayint that this ultimately justifies the price, but its deifinitely a point you have to consider. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

@Michal__ Learning about past philosophers isn’t exactly history of philosophy. I get what you mean though. 

30 minutes ago, Dryas said:

@Michal__ Learning about past philosophers isn’t exactly history of philosophy. I get what you mean though. 

Sure.

4 hours ago, Dryas said:

It's also a wide and fuzzy category.

No one program is going to teach you Daniel's level of understanding. That's something you mostly gotta do on your own.

The wisest people are not minted in a factory through some cookie-cutter method.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

No one program is going to teach you Daniel's level of understanding. That's something you mostly gotta do on your own.

Well said.

I would go even further and say that its "impossible" for most people to get on his level intellectually. 
He grew up in such unique circumstances - with a genius father who was able to homeschool him in a very unique and effective way, early influences of an integral vedic community, 2nd tier thinkers all around him etc.

That said, neither should one be discouraged by this if he is really interested in the intellectual path...

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

8 minutes ago, undeather said:

He grew up in such unique circumstances

Yes, this is obvious. Getting an upbringing like that is like winning the lottery.

Which is actually a big problem for his whole project because his project only works assuming that people are at his level of development and wisdom. But no one is. So his project cannot work.

The real project is to raise millions of people like Daniel. Which is impossible because material conditions simply won't allow for it at this time. So here we are dealing with MAGA morons.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, this is obvious. Getting an upbringing like that is like winning the lottery.

Which is actually a big problem for his whole project because his project only works assuming that people are at his level of development and wisdom. But no one is. So his project cannot work.

The real project is to raise millions of people like Daniel. Which is impossible because material conditions simply won't allow for it at this time. So here we are dealing with MAGA morons.

Exactly. 
This is what a throughout stage yellow society would look like in its essence. 

Edited by undeather

- Rainer Maria Rilke

I admire Daniel's work, but I also think it's kinda utopian and elitist. A handful of Tier 2 intellectuals are not going to shape the direction of global politics and existential planetary risk in our current political climate.

Our politics is way too dumb to make use of something like Daniel's work. It will be like the movie Don't Look Up.

We are barely able to hold on to democracy in the US and get people to wear masks. Forget about planning for existential planetary risks.