RMQualtrough

Words like you, I, or God, reinforce the ego-view of reality

10 posts in this topic

Does this cause an issue? As all terminology surrounding these words reinforces the idea of a self, as opposed to impersonal words like "infinity", "nothing", "the Tao" etc, which leads further away from the egoic view of reality.

I am God, appears to moreso give people strong ideas of their ego being the controller of reality and thus the idea of being able to manipulate reality at a whim.

No me, no I, no God... Just reality.

Concepts, words and ideas only have power if you give them power. The power is not in the word or concept itself. So a good awareness exercise is to become mindful how your mind assigns power to certain concepts, which will be pretty unique to the individual. People are triggered by different things.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

3 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Does this cause an issue? 

There isn't a real 'YOU' so how could there be a real issue!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Does this cause an issue? As all terminology surrounding these words reinforces the idea of a self, as opposed to impersonal words like "infinity", "nothing", "the Tao" etc, which leads further away from the egoic view of reality.

I am God, appears to moreso give people strong ideas of their ego being the controller of reality and thus the idea of being able to manipulate reality at a whim.

No me, no I, no God... Just reality.

Yeah, the ego would love to believe it's God wouldn't it. It seems like that belief has the potential to create some really dangerous egos.

On 2/4/2022 at 9:37 PM, vizual said:

Concepts, words and ideas only have power if you give them power. The power is not in the word or concept itself. So a good awareness exercise is to become mindful how your mind assigns power to certain concepts, which will be pretty unique to the individual. People are triggered by different things.

This comment is gold right here, So make sure you assign some wisdom to those words lol.;)

Focus on the solution, not the problem

On 2/4/2022 at 9:21 PM, RMQualtrough said:

In actuality, the ego doesn’t want to be God realized .. that would mean it would have take responsibility for all of reality .. hence having no one to blame or demonize :D.

Becoming God is what the ego is deathly afraid of.

If someone thinks “I am God” somehow equates to control, they are a noob. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

@RMQualtrough if the egoic tendency is there it will take any word and make it egoic

two people can talk about the same thing with completely different energy behind the words. So the words are sevondary, if the egoic tendency is there already, words don’t strengthen or weaken, just reflect sort of I think

Nowadays i think that words like "i" or "me" are just words or sounds that these organisms use to point to themselves.

It can become very complicated and confusing when i start to question it by asking "what is me?" "what is i?"

Well, it's this one sitting on this chair. This one calls itself "me".

It's like we've defined what "i" or "me" means, and then we start to question what is "me", while failing to see we've already defined what it means.

It's only the first person singular pronoun, like U.G. Krishnamurti said in some interview.

Edited by This