Thestarguitarist14

This forum’s racist issue

66 posts in this topic

I made a thread about how Sophia Bush called out Joe Rogan for his use of the N word and wow.  I am appalled by the amount of racism on this site.  

It just seems so fake to act like you are about spirituality and consciousness when you call black people calling out racism victims, say that black people don’t deserve reparations for being slaves and whatever white supremacist stuff.

Or did you guys not learn anything from George Floyd?

I am not looking to have a discussion about this as one thing is clear: you are either anti racist and anti white supremacy or anti black and okay with white supremacy.  There is no in between.

This spiral dynamics stuff can diffuse racism by saying bro you are not Tier 2 you do not understand. It is foolproof. Mazing'
Btw we are all one God here. That might make things a bit different

Edited by Epikur

18 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

I made a thread about how Sophia Bush called out Joe Rogan for his use of the N word and wow.  I am appalled by the amount of racism on this site.  

It just seems so fake to act like you are about spirituality and consciousness when you call black people calling out racism victims, say that black people don’t deserve reparations for being slaves and whatever white supremacist stuff.

I am not looking to have a discussion about this as one thing is clear: you are either anti racist and anti white supremacy or anti black and okay with white supremacy.  There is no in between.

Bro you funny

I was vegan for 4.5 years. I used to see it as either you support animal cruelty or you're anti animal cruelty, in which case you would be vegan. But if you're not vegan that would have made you into an enemy. Now, that tactic worked poorly. As far as I know 0 people went vegan by me lecturing them on their evils. And I did lecture many. But it just made them stop listening to me. Instead of turning this into a conflict between racists and anti racists, maybe just acting with exemplary behaviour is enough. Others will follow suit.

1 minute ago, Asayake said:

Instead of turning this into a conflict between racists and anti racists, maybe just acting with exemplary behaviour is enough

Word. 

@Thestarguitarist14 I read over ur joe rogan thread and it seemed like u werent even trying to understand others viewpoints, just shutting them out and calling them racist. Need more nuance then just "HES A RACIST' and "HES AN ANTIRACIST"

1 minute ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Bro you racist.

Impossible, he's black

@Thestarguitarist14 You may or may not be aware that media propagandists and politicians make earnest efforts to stir up civil unrest, and foster divisiveness across a range of issues for political gain. 

Don't fall for it.

I have seen numerous claims of racism where it manifestly does not exist. This is incredibly damaging to the cause of achieving real equality in society. 

Your capacity to be offended isn’t something that you should respect. In fact, it is something that you should be on your guard for. Perhaps more than any other property of your mind, this feeling can mislead you.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

4 minutes ago, Asayake said:

I was vegan for 4.5 years. I used to see it as either you support animal cruelty or you're anti animal cruelty, in which case you would be vegan. But if you're not vegan that would have made you into an enemy. Now, that tactic worked poorly. As far as I know 0 people went vegan by me lecturing them on their evils. And I did lecture many. But it just made them stop listening to me. Instead of turning this into a conflict between racists and anti racists, maybe just acting with exemplary behaviour is enough. Others will follow suit.

I don’t care.  

2 minutes ago, Phil King said:

Word. 

@Thestarguitarist14 I read over ur joe rogan thread and it seemed like u werent even trying to understand others viewpoints, just shutting them out and calling them racist. Need more nuance then just "HES A RACIST' and "HES AN ANTIRACIST"

Oh go somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

Impossible, he's black

Right.

3 minutes ago, axiom said:

@Thestarguitarist14 You may or may not be aware that media propagandists and politicians make earnest efforts to stir up civil unrest, and foster divisiveness across a range of issues for political gain. All the furore around Covid is another prime example of this. 

Don't fall for it.

I have seen numerous claims of racism where it manifestly does not exist. This is incredibly damaging to the cause of achieving real equality in society. 

LMAO.

The media is obviously full of shit.  Both the left and right.  They are both racist.  They spread a ton of b.s about black people.  I do not watch the news.  

This is from being a black man.  You wouldn’t know unless you are one.

Edited by Thestarguitarist14

5 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

LMAO.

The media is obviously full of shit.  Both the left and right.  They are both racist.  They spread a ton of b.s about black people.  I do not watch the news.  

This is from being a black man.  You wouldn’t know unless you are one.

OK. So what remedy are you seeking here?

Apparently.

42 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Let me what did you learn?

43 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

you are either anti racist and anti white supremacy or anti black and okay with white supremacy.

Classic cult thinking. 

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

2 minutes ago, axiom said:

OK. So what remedy are you seeking here?

To call this forum out for its racism?  Duh?

You might as well tell me “go on home blackie”.

1 minute ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Let me what did you learn?

Classic cult thinking. 

Classic what aboutism.

12 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

I don’t care.

12 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Even if you don't care for animal rights my point is that you're likely doing more harm than good even if your actions are well intentioned. You gotta ask yourself, do you want to see an end to racism or do you want to feel good about 'contributing to the end of racism'?

2 minutes ago, Phil King said:

You can also go somewhere else. Is it fun for you to be engaging in keyboard wars against so called racists? Youve been a member here for over a year so why just now do you see a racism issue

I took a break from here.  I see why now.  I only came back to call Leo out for saying the n word.  He handled that well .

Just now, Asayake said:

my point is that you're likely doing more harm than good even if your actions are well intentioned.

even hitlers actions were "well intentioned" in a way

that doesn't mean much

Consider that this forum is not actually 90% focused on self-help and spirituality. So take political discussion with a grain of salt.

5 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

To call this forum out for its racism?

Link examples please I have no commitments to this form. 

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

1 minute ago, PurpleTree said:

even hitlers actions were "well intentioned" in a way

that doesn't mean much

That's my point