axiom

Free will as God?

60 posts in this topic

The "hard problem of consciousness" simply stated: Scientists don't understand why consciousness is needed at all, since we would behave no differently without it. Numerous experiments have shown that decisions are made by the body before they reach our conscious awareness. We are not calling the shots. Thoughts happen but we do not originate them.

So, as humans we have zero ability to enact our will upon anything. We are just collections of atoms reacting mechanically to physical causes (plus a puzzling added extra: superfluous consciousness)

My question is, once this dream world has been transcended and we recognise ourselves as God, do we have free will? Are we then able to originate effects?

I don't believe anyone knows the answer for sure, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts...

Apparently.

When God is realized all is clear. Including the true meaning of free will.

I am not there yet :)

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@axiom could 'God' be other than how it wants to be?  Only if that's how it wants to be. 

One that is free to do exactly what it wants, is slave to what it wants. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle

My own hunch is that with God realisation:

- There can be no wanting, since wanting requires bias. 
- There can be no agency, because agency requires duality (the doer and the action)

And so even as God, there is no "free will". There is just all that is.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

@axiom recognize that there is no way to change anything, everything is just changing.  

Any attempt to change what is occurring, is always just more 'what is already occurring'. 

@Mason Riggle It seems that is the case for everything in the dream. Is it the same for God itself, once awakened to itself? Or do you find no separation in these states? 

Apparently.

@axiom there already isn't separation.  When God awakens to itself, it's like God finding himself in a game of hide and seek and going, hahaha silly me.. how did I forget where I hid myself from myself... well, that was fun, shall we play again?

Edited by Mason Riggle

45 minutes ago, axiom said:

There can be no wanting, since wanting requires bias

Gods ultimate bias is Love. I never really understood this, but its the only thing to want if you can do everything and anything and nothing. You see there is absolutely no reason for you as God to play games and manifest in forms if not for the sake of even more Love. Thats what Life/God is really up to. 

Edited by Vynce

@Vynce I don't think love is a type of bias. Love is simply what is revealed in the collapsing of biases and dualities. This phenomenon can be intuitively witnessed in close relationships.

Infinite love involves so much collapse of duality that only oneness / God remains. 

Love isn't something that can be wanted or summoned into existence (as far as I can tell) since all wanting is a move away from love into duality.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

> Thoughts happen but we do not originate them.

Thought happen, right, but there is choice of focusing on thinking or letting it go, by focusing on something else, like deep breathing.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, axiom said:

@Vynce I don't think love is a type of bias. Love is simply what is revealed in the collapsing of biases and dualities. This phenomenon can be intuitively witnessed in close relationships.

Infinite love involves so much collapse of duality that only oneness / God remains. 

Love isn't something that can be wanted or summoned into existence (as far as I can tell) since all wanting is a move away from love into duality.

I'm saying something even more profound. All duality, all finiteness is willing itself into existence in order for God to love even more aspects of itself. 

That's why everything IS love. Love is not a product of Gods will. Gods will IS Love and vice versa. It's the beginning and end of every form. 

I thought about this for weeks and have not understood this insight 1%. Massive increase in consciousness is the only way here.

No mental fuckery will sufficiently reveal this truth. 

Edited by Vynce

12 minutes ago, allislove said:

> Thoughts happen but we do not originate them.

Thought happen, right, but there is choice of focusing on thinking or letting it go, by focusing on something else, like deep breathing.

Is that choice not just another illusion? How did you focus on breathing instead of the thoughts by will?

This dream is God's Will made manifest.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

This dream is God's Will made manifest.

I'm curious why you choose to use the word dream? 

5 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

I understand that part. It's literally a dream. 

But I'm not sure if God is a force of will. A force of infinite love, yes, because greater love is revealed with every collapsed bias or duality. But... a force of will, I'm not sure. I think God probably just is. 

I do think it's a very interesting question.

9 hours ago, Vynce said:

I'm saying something even more profound. All duality, all finiteness is willing itself into existence in order for God to love even more aspects of itself. 

That's why everything IS love.

Who knows. The idea of "will" seems anthropomorphic.

Apparently.

6 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

Sorry you asked this question from Leo, But I though I might have a good answer for it. It is nothing but a dream. All of it. The thought and the thinker, The seen and the seer. All of it. It's all consciousness, God. Whatever, you name it. It's infinite. It's ineffable. If you want to think in terms of something else other than a dream, you are just making the path that would ultimately lead back to here, Longer...

15 hours ago, axiom said:

So, as humans we have zero ability to enact our will upon anything. We are just collections of atoms reacting mechanically to physical causes (plus a puzzling added extra: superfluous consciousness)

Have you've ever had a thought that you want to murder somebody? Did you act on it or not?

Thoughts come and go without a thinker that creates the thought but the thought can be believed/acted upon or seen and let go of.

15 hours ago, Asayake said:

How did you focus on breathing instead of the thoughts by will?

You can train this skill by daily morning meditation.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

5 hours ago, axiom said:

But I'm not sure if God is a force of will. A force of infinite love, yes, because greater love is revealed with every collapsed bias or duality. But... a force of will, I'm not sure.

God is Infinite Will.

Love is God's Will. What else would an infinite mind will?

Will is just inherent to Mind. A mind is a thing that wills.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.