Nate0068

How do I let my ego go in a healthy way ?

24 posts in this topic

I noticed that’s it’s very hard to feel into awarness due to the seriousness level that I take to my life.I’ve had experiences that show me there’s really nothing to be afraid of or lose it’s very liberating how ever this human life is overwhelming me and I can’t stop taking it so seriously. I feel frozen and I can’t play in my life.and now my soul is weaping to actually live.

@Nate0068

Ego is a thought. The separate self which is or could feel into awareness, is a thought. Seriousness level is a thought. The separate self which has or had experiences, is a thought. That this human life is overwhelming a separate self, is a thought. That there is a separate self who can or can’t stop, is a thought. I feel frozen, is a thought. I can’t, is a thought. My soul, is a thought. 

Meditation is meditation. 

Overwhelment is an emotion which you are experiencing. The frustration of this, and the pessimism can be acknowledged and expressed as well. 

Maybe there is no actuality of seriousness. Maybe that is a covering label for holding onto what one wants to be letting go of. 

Put another way, maybe ‘this human life’ is not the cause. Maybe the discord is just the interpretation(s). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

What is overwhelming you in specific? I’d suggest starting by pinpointing the main causes for this. Then you can start to really ask yourself “do I need this?” in regard to each item.

Beyond that, give yourself more time without obligations. Obligations almost always bring seriousness with them in a nearly unavoidable way in many cases. What do you like to do for fun? Don’t worry about distractions. The easiest way to remove distractions is to stop seeing things as distractions. Seeing distractions everywhere is for middle aged bald men who take even drugs seriously ?

An awakened master was once asked what the point of life was. He said the point is to play. We know this as children innately when survival is taken care of for us, but we forget it over time as we must do more and more to sustain our own survival. Stop focusing so much on survival. It’s gonna happen either way. Focus on living. 

If you want an exercise, go run, but not as a physical exercise. Run like you’re a child on a playground. And laugh at yourself for how goofy it feels and why such a thing even needs to feel goofy. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

34 minutes ago, Nate0068 said:

I noticed that’s it’s very hard to feel into awarness due to the seriousness level that I take to my life.I’ve had experiences that show me there’s really nothing to be afraid of or lose it’s very liberating how ever this human life is overwhelming me and I can’t stop taking it so seriously. I feel frozen and I can’t play in my life.and now my soul is weaping to actually live.

@Nate0068 That's just another story. Here's a technique I use called "that's just another story."

• When asking, "How do I let my ego go in a healthy way?" Tell yourself that it's just another thought, or story, that came up along the way," and then look for the answer.
  • Likewise, when asking, "Why am I doing this?" We might say to ourselves, "that's just another story that came up along the way," and then maybe we look for the answer. Here are a few examples of other situations when we might want to use this technique:
    • When asking, "Who am I?" We say, "that's just another story that came up along the way," and then we look for the answer.
    • When asking, "Is this really just another story?" We say, "that's just another story that came up along the way," and then we look for the answer.
    • When asking... "It's guess work. It doesn't tell you what to do, it just brutalizes you until you can do it and then you just do it as Nike would say. But that's just another story that came up along the way. No, seriously. Like seriously consider it. And we keep going. And we stay glued as best we can, meaning only that we literally try our very best to do the technique."...we say: "that's just another story that came up along the way," and then we look for the answer.
    • When we, asking, say, "that's just another story that came up along the way," maybe we will look for a new question, but who knows?

There is no hope of dying in a healthy way, but only because that's just another thought. But it also actually is a thought, so, yeah. Sorry about that, haha.

And consider that maybe even when the teacher says, "

20 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Nate0068

Ego is a thought. The separate self which is or could feel into awareness, is a thought. Seriousness level is a thought. The separate self which has or had experiences, is a thought. That this human life is overwhelming a separate self, is a thought. That there is a separate self who can or can’t stop, is a thought. I feel frozen, is a thought. I can’t, is a thought. My soul, is a thought. 

Meditation is meditation. 

Overwhelment is an emotion which you are experiencing. Pessimism can be acknowledged and expressed. 

..?" We say, "that's just another thought that came up along the way," and then maybe we will look.

"Hope" this helped.

@Nate0068 Another way to frame what it is I am supposedly trying to communicate could be, when asking, "How do I let my ego go in a healthy way?" Responding to ourselves with, "apparently it's not, and..."

Spirituality Advice Disclaimer: I am not remotely enlightened.

Spirituality Advice Disclaimer Disclaimer: Apparently.

One way… to go on from where you’re at… is not to go on in the same manor. To simply yet profoundly admit that you can’t do it all and you just can not take another step without God. This might bring about a deep sorry-ness, for things you’ve done or said, for things you’ve believed, for times you’ve looked the other way, for pressures you’ve held upon yourself. God is always there for you, always understands you, is always loving you. 

If you want patience, love is patience. 

If you want kindness, love is kindness. 

If you want to be without arrogance, pride, irritability, and resentment, love is without arrogance, pride, irritability and resentment. 

We can call it communion, we can call it prayer, we can call it meditation, we can even say that it is not, etc.

It does not matter. 

The dream in you, and allowing it, co-creating, that matters. This might evoke inspecting some discordant interpretations, which may dispel, liberate, projections.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If you are an intellectual or just live in your head a lot.

Question it enough. Its ties. Where it comes from. Who is really asking the question. Is that belief real. Does what I feel about this actually exist or is it in my head. If you can keep stepping back and asking who is asking that or where is that belief founded. You'll peel back layers of belief and non truth and clean the ego.

I managed to completely remove my ego once and then I walked off a metaphorical cliff, life's hard without the ego. I wouldn't let go a part of myself again, its there for a reason, but you can always work on it and improve it like anything.

learning to understand the ego isnt a bad thing. its not something to get rid of or try and overcome, its a part of you and is something to learn and love and understand at your own pace.

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

Let go of my ego Ego freed from "my"

@The0Self When I have a lot of concentration on I Am, I can pull a 180 where no longer am I myself noticing noticing, but noticing noticing myself. In the best story I can spin, we might say that "I am the empty noticing of I Am, no longer the I Am in the empty noticing." Should I repeat this or just disregard as story?

16 minutes ago, softlyblossoming said:

@The0Self When I have a lot of concentration on I Am, I can pull a 180 where no longer am I myself noticing noticing, but noticing noticing myself. In the best story I can spin, we might say that "I am the empty noticing of I Am, no longer the I Am in the empty noticing." Should I repeat this or just disregard as story?

Disregard everything as merely a springboard for abiding in I AM, including even the idea or experience of abiding in I AM since if you notice it then it isn't I AM since I AM is the subject and not the object. When done with a lot of power and steadiness the I AM will be deprived of its sustenance/objects as you'll be ignoring them all (increasingly more subtle objects and in the end, dualistic experience itself). There will be confusion. No matter. Keep going until there is no question; persist with constant repeated applications of effort (to find what is aware of what is seemingly experienced) until the burden of effort is taken from you without your consent (the efforting I dissolves).

Edited by The0Self

23 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Disregard everything as merely a springboard for abiding in I AM, including even the idea or experience of abiding in I AM since if you notice it then it isn't I AM since I AM is the subject and not the object. When done with a lot of power and steadiness the I AM will be deprived of its sustenance/objects as you'll be ignoring them all (increasingly more subtle objects and in the end, dualistic experience itself). There will be confusion. No matter. Keep going until there is no question; persist with constant repeated applications of effort (to find what is aware of what is seemingly experienced) until the burden of effort is taken from you without your consent (the efforting I dissolves).

@The0Self Thank you. This answered my question satisfactorily. I will strive on with diligence. 

33 minutes ago, softlyblossoming said:

@The0Self Thank you. This answered my question satisfactorily. I will strive on with diligence. 

10 hours ago, Nate0068 said:

What does your soul want?

@softlyblossoming And btw it’s a bit of a poor choice of words on my part to say abide in I am. Since the only way to actually do that is to ceaselessly search for the I am thereby withdrawing attention from all objects indiscriminately in a rather momentous way. Technically if you’re just “abiding” in I am then that’s a concentration practice upon the object labeled I am / abiding in a false objective I am that is currently masquerading as the true I am i.e. the self. What you want to do here is look for that I am, not find it, since if you find it then that’s not it. This method is just a tool and that’s how it works.

Edited by The0Self

@Nate0068 Nate.. Ego can not get rid of itself, because it doesn't exist.  

Think of ego like a whirlpool in a river.. can you take the whirlpool out of the river and show it to me?  Why not? Because the 'whirlpool' doesn't exist.  There is just 'what the river is doing'.  

'ego' is just what happens when a whirlpool is shaped in such a way that it has the thought 'I am separate from the river, and I'm swirling myself'. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Nate0068 like a river, that sometimes is shaped in a way that it doesn't produce whirlpools, the mind can sometimes be shaped (the flow of an organisms thoughts.. the river) in such a way that it doesn't produce 'ego'.  This is accomplished by changes in the way you think, meditation practice, psychedelics, etc..

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

1 hour ago, Nate0068 said:

@WelcometoReality to live threw reality in a better way then it currently is for me 

What would that look like, how would your life be more exactly?