Nate0068

How do I let my ego go in a healthy way ?

24 posts in this topic

Yep. Its funny how when everything becomes a joke you aint laughing no more.

On 02/02/2022 at 2:50 PM, Whatever said:

Yep. Its funny how when everything becomes a joke you aint laughing no more.

@Whatever I don't know if you're talking about something else, but if you're talking about how everything I do is a painful attempt to acquire an imaginary future happiness that I never can, that's so spot on. We really are the butt of this lifelong joke, huh. Worse still is I can't stop hoping for an equanimous 'other-side' once I'm good enough at meditation and spirituality, which itself is a form of seeking relief in an imaginary future that's preventing me from progressing to an actual equanimous future. FFS!!! haha

20 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

@Whatever I don't know if you're talking about something else, but if you're talking about how everything I do is a painful attempt to acquire an imaginary future happiness that I never can, that's so spot on. We really are the butt of this lifelong joke, huh. Worse still is I can't stop hoping for an equanimous 'other-side' once I'm good enough at meditation and spirituality, which itself is a form of seeking relief in an imaginary future that's preventing me from progressing to an actual equanimous future. FFS!!! haha

Im saying when one relates to everything as a meaningless joke, one isnt laughing anymore. 

Speaking for myself, after I dropped obsession with non duality and started to let relationships, other people and serving others mean something again life became heavy with meaning and multiple importances. One path is better than the other and I need to be carefull which I choose. Thats life lived with care. And thats life seen as real. As real as it gets. Only a lover of dreams doesnt dare to see the depht of it.

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Im saying when one relates to everything as a meaningless joke, one isnt laughing anymore. 

Speaking for myself, after I dropped obsession with non duality and started to let relationships, other people and serving others mean something again life became heavy with meaning and multiple importances. One path is better than the other and I need to be carefull which I choose. Thats life lived with care. And thats life seen as real. As real as it gets. Only a lover of dreams doesnt dare to see the depht of it.

So beautifully put. Sounds like a life lived well, @Whatever :)