playdoh

Is it bad to talk about other people? Do we create worlds with our words?

15 posts in this topic

I live in a spiritual community with a reflector who’s very spiritually connected. Dudes an alien for sure. He’s so silent. I’ve learned so much from him. Every time I talk he would say I’m creating worlds with my words. Especially when talking about other people. He would never talk about people and would frown upon it when I did. So now I’m afraid to speak for fear I’m creating universes with my words. Is this fear based? I’m a very expressive person and I feel like I’m being silenced. Thanks so much. 

I would guess that he’s saying that you’re creating worlds of thought with your words in your own head which then you will have to deal with rather than literally creating universes, but you know him better than I do obviously. 

If you want to have a fun or possibly tense conversation, you can ask him what world is he creating with the words “you’re creating worlds with words.” 

IMO, people who focus too much on suppressing thought are missing the point. In Buddhism, there are seen to be six sense doors with one of them being mind which includes thought. Why people think an aversion to thought is somehow good progress is beyond me. In jhana 2-4 in Buddhism, there is no thought, but I’d be willing to bet people don’t get there very often by having aversion to thought. This will likely only create even more thought. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

3 hours ago, playdoh said:

he would say I’m creating worlds with my words

In a certain sense that is true. Words/Thoughts are what create "the world". There is no "world" unless one thinks there is. 

Don't be afraid to speak.

If he thinks it's bad to speak - then that is the world he has created.

Maybe he’s just aware there aren’t people and he’s tryna help ya out. 

If there’s concern you’re creating worlds with words, check perception for verification. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Words only have power because they are inherently powerless. You'd have had to have created a world before there could be words. Would world words. There's a time to speak and a time to be silent, and you know by how it feels to speak those words and by how it feels to stay silent how your timing is. Writing is a great creative way to express yourself without pulling others into it as much. If there's fear or any negative emotion explore that and the beliefs around it rather than subjecting yourself to feeling fear for the sake of avoiding feeling fear. 

People, especially the ones we think are spiritual are so shiny and fascinating, we make them into our I-dolls. But you, the awareness is very the light that allows that golden idol to glitter. The light of Awareness is a jealous God, no I-dolls allowed. I've heard golden statues are pretty silent. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

9 hours ago, playdoh said:

I live in a spiritual community with a reflector who’s very spiritually connected. Dudes an alien for sure. He’s so silent. I’ve learned so much from him. Every time I talk he would say I’m creating worlds with my words. Especially when talking about other people. He would never talk about people and would frown upon it when I did. So now I’m afraid to speak for fear I’m creating universes with my words. Is this fear based? I’m a very expressive person and I feel like I’m being silenced. Thanks so much. 

Whatever you say to others, you are actually telling yourself. Because they are you. Behave everyone the way that you behave yourself. Key point of the breaking the ego.

@playdoh I would say that how you speak is a reflection of the the world you've already created (your beliefs).

"Is it bad to talk about other people?"

If you believed that you wouldn't talk about other people or you would feel guilty when talking about other people.

"Is it good to talk about other people?"

Maybe it's not good or bad? Maybe the more relevant question is what you're saying about these people true or is it distorted by your beliefs about them.

10 hours ago, playdoh said:

So now I’m afraid to speak for fear I’m creating universes with my words. Is this fear based? I’m a very expressive person and I feel like I’m being silenced.

You love gossip. So does every human on the planet. Do it more consciously and less viciously, but don't feel bad about talking about it. See if you can talk/think about other people without getting sucked into the universe you're creating with your words. Stay grounded in the present. You'll notice you tend toward less judgemental/divisive thoughts. Your friend seems quite puritanic.

Thanks all ❤️ I think he means literally words are creating other physical universes the moment we utter it in this infinite number of dimensions that exists. But maybe I’m wrong? I will still talk but just be more conscious and less vicious of it ? And yes I guess when I talk about someone I’m just talking about myself.. But this idea still isn’t still entirely clear to me, have to do some more contemplating and have more direct experiences of it through time. Thanks all, love this forum ?

Edited by playdoh

that's so extreme and completely illogical!

it's like you say just because I live it means that I consume the oxygen of other living beings and therefore...

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

1 minute ago, hamedsf said:

it's like you say just because I live it means that I consume the oxygen of other living beings and therefore...

Idk how to delete these things to start a new post? Moderator?

16 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

Can you please expand? I didn’t quite get your analogy. 

Edited by playdoh

@playdoh I don't think he is trying to suppress you from expressing yourself. He is teaching you to be mindful of what thoughts and words you express. Is your thinking and speaking reflective of what you want to create and experience?

2 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

@playdoh I don't think he is trying to suppress you from expressing yourself. He is teaching you to be mindful of what thoughts and words you express. Is your thinking and speaking reflective of what you want to create and experience?

Beautiful. 

On 1/31/2022 at 11:03 PM, playdoh said:

Idk how to delete these things to start a new post? Moderator?

Be grateful instead! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"