Julian gabriel

The Upward Path of Consciousness

25 posts in this topic

In Leo's video titled "An Advanced Explanation Of God-Realization" he refers to the "upward path of consciousness" as being the path of God gaining greater and greater self understanding. This is what I am interested in. I want to completly understand why water moves in the exact way that it does, I want to see intimate connections between seemingly opposite things.

Leo also said that he is working on the ability to articulate what it means to understand something, and how understanding is even possible. 

IS ANYONE ABLE TO ARTICULATE WHAT UNDERSTANDING ACTUALLY IS?

under-stand = stand under = lower than that which is being understood. maybe to understand something you must be lower than it in some way. idk.

Does anyone have any insights regarding what the upward path is?

On 29/01/2022 at 0:19 AM, Julian gabriel said:

Understanding is a direct experience of a thing. 

People can give you ideas, but only you can understand those ideas or misunderstand them. 

To truly understand something, is to become that thing.

Until you understand it, you must stand bellow it. When you understand it, you stand above it. 

Understanding is the middle ground between below and above.

On 29.1.2022 at 1:19 AM, Julian gabriel said:

Intuitive experience of what is true.

I listened to the video you mentioned today, actually :) "God-Realization" The ever-upward path of consciousness, in my "understanding" is a coiled spiral that is conscious and has no beginning or no end. So, it would be an error to call it upward, per se, since it has no direction but moves in All directions. I believe Leo meant it in an expansive way, which, i believe, is the proper term for this particular quality of consciousness. One finite quality of infinity.

He mentions god-mode and computer video games designer terminology as an analogy for the limited self treading its way in the universe, growing and reaching higher and higher understandings.

Edited by Eternal Unity

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

On 1/28/2022 at 7:50 PM, Judy2 said:

Maybe there's no real up or down:)

https://www.etymonline.com/word/understand

You can always look up the etymology of a word, it might give you some insight.

In general I'd say, 

Knowledge and Understanding aren't the same thing.

Knowledge is dualistic, inside the dream. An imagined entity seems to have something (knowledge) that is seen to describe an "other".

Understanding is more based on being/experience, rather than the intellect.

And ultimately Being "swallows" everything, including the notions of knowledge or understanding.

I would agree with Judy here. 

The purpose of your perspective is simply to exist as a perspective. Then second order things are able to come online such as thinking and sensing where the ability to form meaning and reason also come online. Which all function with in the perspective to give the perspective a sense of direction. Understanding is a second order function. Your perspective comes first, and has the capacity to form understanding. You could call spiritualty the process of understanding "Being" Which really is the search to understand your Self. So "understanding" when it is fully comprehended, may just be the condensed word of Self Realization . Like when you understand something your really just realizing parts of your Self. Because everything is the Self, "Being" You can only Understand that which is within being. That which is Being is the Self or God.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

Understanding is the upward.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Understanding is the upward.

yea we know that bit already sir

I'm saying that it can probably be further articulated and modeled in some way. 

Edited by Julian gabriel

It actually doesnt take any more than that. Understanding is the upward path of Consciousness. In other words the upward path is the path of understanding. Understanding as a path of Consciousness.

Try to observe what understanding is while you are understanding something in your direct experience.

Don't try to articulate it. Just try to observe it happening in you.

It has an slippery, ineffable, mysterious quality to it.

Understand? ;)

- - - -

It would be more accurate to call it overstanding.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Try to observe what understanding is while you are understanding something in your direct experience.

Don't try to articulate it. Just try to observe it happening in you.

Understand? ;)

- - - -

It would be more accurate to call it overstanding.

Whoa, thats different, theres quiet a distinction there. It almost like illusory or kind of a "floaty" kind of observation to it. Thats way different than trying to talk about it. I understand.

Idk from what I remember, understanding is not preferable , it is at the end of the state. I'd rather be in it than understand it from outside the (mental) state. 

Either way the thing that I'm going to do would be the same anyway.

If you could choose to do something 

A state can move you to action. Understanding would be just understanding.

Back then I would say - God will be the Witness , but now it is just between you and me. They would do as they wishes. 

12:38 okay so now look, they changed it again. They have access to what I've wrote this earlier and was talking what I've written here. 

It's a misunderstanding that the under in understand means below. It actually means between, as in the prefix Latin inter. Inter/under see? So more like "standing between" with a connotation of being in the middle of things.

Understanding is just a sensation.

All stories and explanations are false.

43 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Understanding is just a sensation.

That reduction is like saying that a frog is just atoms.

For those of you who have had an experience where you felt like you were downloading insights: 

That is how understanding feels like.

Understanding is the ability to see how everything is a fractal of Oneness. More consciousness elevates this understanding. 

Understanding is not the same as insight. Although they are related.

Understanding is a very subtle thing to observe.

Perhaps even more tricky to understand than understanding is misunderstanding -- which is also a thing. What is misunderstanding? ;)

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Understanding is not the same as insight. Although they are related.

Understanding is a very subtle thing to observe.

Perhaps even more tricky to understand than understanding is misunderstanding -- which is also a thing. What is misunderstanding? ;)

I'm going to contemplate that.

What does understanding have to do with the state you get while contemplating?

You said that understanding feels slippery and mysterious, the contemplative state I'm talking about does too.

40 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

What does understanding have to do with the state you get while contemplating?

Understanding comes from within yourself.

Ideas come from outside yourself. 

What I just gave you is an idea, not understanding. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That reduction is like saying that a frog is just atoms.

Thing is, how can understanding itself be understood, without being self-referencing? 

All stories and explanations are false.