John Paul

If not seafood, what are the cleanest "sources of protein"?

34 posts in this topic

Ngl I personally think this whole ''sea-food = poison'' is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while. Haven't watched Leo's video about it and I won't bother, but if you truly want to avoid it though here are some other options:
- Cottage cheese
- Nuts, seeds, legumes
- Yoghurt (the lower the fat, the better)
- Whey protein (though ppl on this forum are also scared of that apparently)
- Stuff like peanut butter or almond butter

I personally eat meats and fish on top everything I mentioned here, besides whey protein (I have yet to order it for the first time). In the end it's up to you ofc.

7 hours ago, Ampresus said:

'sea-food = poison'' is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while.

Look at the FDA/EPA guidelines for consumption of fish.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

sadhguru has shares in groundnut stock lol

/sarcasm

He doesn't need shares, he is a nut :P

13 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

sadhguru has shares in groundnut stock lol

/sarcasm

actually, peanuts are very healthy if you don't have allergies and if they don't dump half a ton of toxic chemicals on each plant. 

On 23/1/2022 at 7:08 AM, Vincent S said:

Eggs also, in small quantities.  

an egg as what? Fresh and raw, non cooked at all?  Boiled? Fried? Omelet?

Edited by rnd

Wild game meat, grass fed finished organic beef, organic free range eggs, raw milk and high quality cheese, oysters.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

4 hours ago, John Paul said:

What are the best labels for chicken. @Leo Gura organic good enough?

Usually that's the best that's around.

Pasture raised would be ideal, but I can't find that where I live.

On 10.2.2022 at 1:01 AM, Nahm said:

Oh god I read that as "The Loophole Snake", and I thought "ah! – what has Nahm got in store for us today?" I think it's time for me to sleep ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 19/02/2022 at 3:09 AM, Leo Gura said:

Look at the FDA/EPA guidelines for consumption of fish.

Or we can just look at the EFSA and gather what they are saying:
''However fish can also contribute significantly to the dietary exposure to contaminants such as methylmercury, dioxins and PCBs, brominated flame retardants, camphechlor and organotin compounds. Concentrations of these contaminants in fish vary with the nature of the contaminant and the type of fish. Fat soluble contaminants (such as dioxins and dioxin-like compounds) are especially found in fatty fish, e.g. salmon and herring. In contrast, methymercury levels are not related to the fat content of the fish but due to its accumulation in the food chain, methylmercury is present in higher amounts in large predatory fish (such as swordfish and tuna).

High consumers of top predatory fish such as pike or tuna (especially bluefin or albacore tuna, not likely to be found in canned tuna in Europe) may exceed the provisionally tolerable weekly intake (PTWI) for methylmercury. High consumers of fatty fish may exceed the PTWI for dioxins and dioxin-like compounds.''

''Intakes of contaminants in fish other than methylmercury and dioxins and PCBs, are not a health concern. Fish do not contribute significantly to total dietary exposure to these contaminants, and where it does, it is unlikely that even high consumers of fish exceed the tolerable intake levels (where these have been established).''

Basically don't eat too much fish, esp not stuff like bluefin, and you won't exceed PTWI. Almost as if peope have been eating sea food for years and can keep doing so! Crazy!
https://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/news/efsa-provides-advice-safety-and-nutritional-contribution-wild-and-farmed-fish

(Same authority also says that replacing fish with meat won't make much of a difference, since that can still exceed PTWI if gone too far. If you're really worried about it, I suggest going for a more plant-based diet.)