Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ivan Dimi

"Joe Rogan is what a smart person looks like to stupid people"

79 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

and CNN, Foxnews etc. isn't?

Of course they are. I never said there in some way better. To be honest I never watched tv, but rather watched JRE in the past and loved this podcast for its openmindess , that's why I am kind of disappointed what direktion JRE took.

And about Foxnews, I think media company that shitty can exist only in the States. I've never seen something even similar in Europe ?

1 hour ago, Arcangelo said:

Nope. This example with Trump is for me almost as stupid and dangerous  as the statement of JR about the vaccines. And its obviously an extreme example to make a point.

1 hour ago, Arcangelo said:

LOL!

If someone is dumb enough to do that they deserve the consequences? 

Pretty arrogant claim. Being a good leader with such big influence like JR, hi should be responsible for all his followers as much as possible: from the super stupid to the super intelligent audience. And don't forget 'to be stupid' is always a relative notion, so you may find ppl that belive in shit like that stupid, but compare to other ppl. you can be the stupid one that believes in smtg that's obviously wrong for lets say a mega intelligent person! So the wise way for any media /podcast / leader is to not spread any kind of  misinformation without expecting that all viewers / followers are highly intelligent ?

9 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

and CNN, Foxnews etc. isn't?

CNN does not spread misinformation. They have a certain mainstream/corporate bias which you may disagree with, but that is not misinformation. CNN provides a lot of accurate factual reporting on major news events and they have journalistic standards. If anything CNN is too neutral on political matters to the point of deception through false equivalency.

Fox News is a propaganda machine for the far right.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Ivan Dimi

17 hours ago, Ivan Dimi said:

Nope. This example with Trump is for me almost as stupid and dangerous  as the statement of JR about the vaccines. And its obviously an extreme example to make a point.

Pretty arrogant claim. Being a good leader with such big influence like JR, hi should be responsible for all his followers as much as possible: from the super stupid to the super intelligent audience. And don't forget 'to be stupid' is always a relative notion, so you may find ppl that belive in shit like that stupid, but compare to other ppl. you can be the stupid one that believes in smtg that's obviously wrong for lets say a mega intelligent person! So the wise way for any media /podcast / leader is to not spread any kind of  misinformation without expecting that all viewers / followers are highly intelligent ?

What is arrogant about @Arcangelo "s claim that if someone is dumb enough, they deserve the consequences? 

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

CNN does not spread misinformation. They have a certain mainstream/corporate bias which you may disagree with, but that is not misinformation. CNN provides a lot of accurate factual reporting on major news events and they have journalistic standards. If anything CNN is too neutral on political matters to the point of deception through false equivalency.

Fox News is a propaganda machine for the far right.

What about the whole Rogan Ivermectin thing. They seemed to rant on about it how it is a horse drug and didn't often mention that it's not just that and the other things that Rogan took to fight Covid like monoclonal antibodies etc.. I didn't really follow all that very much but it certainly seems like some type of mis-information. They seem desperate.

Yea Foxnews is crazy, seems almost like satire watching it from a European perspective. Although i liked Tucker Carlsons anti war stance. 

4 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Ivan Dimi

What is arrogant about @Arcangelo "s claim that if someone is dumb enough, they deserve the consequences? 

I mean you are asking something and quoting my exact & explicit answer to the very question you ask...

Here again: Being a good leader with such big influence like JR, hi should be responsible for all his followers as much as possible: from the super stupid to the super intelligent audience. And don't forget 'to be stupid' is always a relative notion, so you may find ppl that belive in shit like that stupid, but compare to other ppl. you can be the stupid one that believes in smtg that's obviously wrong for lets say a mega intelligent person! So the wise way for any media /podcast / leader is to not spread any kind of  misinformation without expecting that all viewers / followers are highly intelligent 

Edited by Ivan Dimi

@Ivan Dimi

2 hours ago, Ivan Dimi said:

I mean you are asking something and quoting my exact & explicit answer to the very question you ask...

Here again: Being a good leader with such big influence like JR, hi should be responsible for all his followers as much as possible: from the super stupid to the super intelligent audience. And don't forget 'to be stupid' is always a relative notion, so you may find ppl that belive in shit like that stupid, but compare to other ppl. you can be the stupid one that believes in smtg that's obviously wrong for lets say a mega intelligent person! So the wise way for any media /podcast / leader is to not spread any kind of  misinformation without expecting that all viewers / followers are highly intelligent 

@Arcangelo was replying to another user, not you, so I just found it odd you had to come in and point out his claim being stupid and ignorant, when it's between him and whoever he was responding to. And I'm asking you, to explain to me, what's so arrogant about his claim that if somebody is dumb enough, then they deserve the consequences? By what standard would you use, to determine if somebody is deserving of the consequences of them being dumb? What if they weren't dumb, but had incomplete information that they were working from?

And don't expect the majority of people to be like Leo, always introspecting their positions to near fatalistic levels. Not everyone is taking skepticism to the nth degree and are aware all the time of their biases.

Edited by Danioover9000

@Arcangelo

3 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

If it says poison and you drink it you deserve to die.

LOL!~

Oh ok, that's one example.

By the way, are you ok with @Ivan Dimi accusing you of your claim that 'if somebody is dumb enough, then they deserve the consequences' being arrogant? 

32 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

By the way, are you ok

The claim:

On 1/18/2022 at 1:06 PM, Arcangelo said:

If someone is dumb enough to do that they deserve the consequences?

It's kinda insensitive.

But I don't get the arrogance part in that comment. I don't see it.

Maybe he's implying that I am being arrogant about my ability to read?

@Arcangelo

2 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

The claim:

It's kinda insensitive.

But I don't get the arrogance part in that comment. I don't see it.

Maybe he's implying that I am being arrogant about my ability to read?

I get it's insensitive. Maybe he thinks it's you being arrogant about your reading.

If you think CNN is natural you are crazy. They are trying to bury the news about the pedophiles that are employed and/or formerly employed by CNN. If you are truly neutral you also report the dead skeletons  that are in your own closet

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

On 1/18/2022 at 9:53 PM, Leo Gura said:

CNN does not spread misinformation.

Wow!

What about the horse dewormer? That was pure, textbook misinformation brother.

Just now, Arcangelo said:

Wow!

What about the horse dewormer? That was pure, textbook misinformation brother.

Or telling Cuomo did a good job with Covid or abot the Indian guy and and the MAGA teen where they have to pay 60 million dollars because they lied.

@Arcangelo aha. its laughable that someone who appears to have such sharp perception on so many things would conclude that CNN doesnt spread misinforamtion

6 hours ago, Epikur said:

Or telling Cuomo did a good job with Covid or abot the Indian guy and and the MAGA teen where they have to pay 60 million dollars because they lied.

true true

i almost forgot about that indian drummer maga hat kid story

glad they had to pay

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

true true

i almost forgot about that indian drummer maga hat kid story

glad they had to pay

Or when they said the Wuhan lab leak theory was a conspiracy theory