Gabriel Joy

Does Ideal meditaiton exist?

25 posts in this topic

Big question!

Is there one type, technique or way of meditation that gives the most benefits and that is META, better than all types of meditations? I've been searching the anwser to this question, but I've found no clear anwser. I was wondering whether if it's because there is no anwser or my research is ineffective.

@Gabriel Joy I wish. I use Mahasi Sayadaw Noting and Goenka Body Scan for my goals, which are:

• Improved morality/kindness (the best measure of progress imo)
  • Decreased depression & anxiety
  • Stream entry

I've also found great results with Glimpse Practice aka Pointing Out Instruction, which lots of people say is a particularly 'direct' technique. I learned how to do it from Shift into Freedom by Loch Kelly.

Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, Gabriel Joy said:

I was wondering whether if it's because there is no answer

xD

Is being a technique?

@Gabriel Joy

4 hours ago, Gabriel Joy said:

Big question!

Is there one type, technique or way of meditation that gives the most benefits and that is META, better than all types of meditations? I've been searching the anwser to this question, but I've found no clear anwser. I was wondering whether if it's because there is no anwser or my research is ineffective.

There is a powerful mediation technique, that is both combines Shinzen Young's mindfulness (noting, labelling, and savoring sensory experience) with visualization. Basically, if you have developed your visualization to the point of being able to hold Yantras, and even mandalas easily in 3d, then what you do is progressively increase your perspectival field, not only to see from different points, but to see from wider ranges as well.

Learning and life experiences also are supplementary to this powerful technique.

Try not to be perfectionistic about this work, it will backfire.

Meditation at its essence is simply being still and letting go.

Let your mind run wild, until its tired and becomes chill.

What's this I-deal? Your intuition knows best, but know one knows where an intuition comes from. It takes one to no one. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I guess all mediations have relative advantages and disadvantages. One particularly polarizing example is strong determination sitting very hard (some just can't do it for any length) to do but it can give you a very peaceful state's even if you have bad adhd.  

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

On 19/12/2021 at 4:04 PM, The Rainmaker said:

It's all relative to you and what you're trying to get out of the experience.

I see, thank you for you're input.

On 19/12/2021 at 4:40 PM, softlyblossoming said:

@Gabriel Joy I wish. I use Mahasi Sayadaw Noting and Goenka Body Scan for my goals, which are:

• Improved morality/kindness (the best measure of progress imo)
  • Decreased depression & anxiety
  • Stream entry

I've also found great results with Glimpse Practice aka Pointing Out Instruction, which lots of people say is a particularly 'direct' technique. I learned how to do it from Shift into Freedom by Loch Kelly.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the suggestions!

On 20.12.2021 at 2:04 AM, mandyjw said:

What's this I-deal? Your intuition knows best, but know one knows where an intuition comes from. It takes one to no one. 

You should seriously consider starting a rap career. xD

On 19/12/2021 at 5:28 PM, Tim R said:

xD

Is being a technique?

@Tim R A technique to life it is :)

On 19/12/2021 at 6:28 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@Gabriel Joy

There is a powerful mediation technique, that is both combines Shinzen Young's mindfulness (noting, labelling, and savoring sensory experience) with visualization. Basically, if you have developed your visualization to the point of being able to hold Yantras, and even mandalas easily in 3d, then what you do is progressively increase your perspectival field, not only to see from different points, but to see from wider ranges as well.

Learning and life experiences also are supplementary to this powerful technique.

Sounds interesting! First I'm going to have to improve my visulation befoe trying though. Thank you for the feedback!

On 19/12/2021 at 7:22 PM, Terell Kirby said:

Try not to be perfectionistic about this work, it will backfire.

Meditation at its essence is simply being still and letting go.

Let your mind run wild, until its tired and becomes chill.

I agree with that, we will all fail many times during meditation and I understand that it's important to accept it and let it go, however this is during the meditation and not the technique.  I was simply was wondering the most effective mediation technique if it existed. Thank you for the reminder though!

On 19/12/2021 at 8:04 PM, mandyjw said:

I'll take my intuition into consideration. Thank you for the advice.

On 19/12/2021 at 8:14 PM, ChrisZoZo said:

I guess all mediations have relative advantages and disadvantages. One particularly polarizing example is strong determination sitting very hard (some just can't do it for any length) to do but it can give you a very peaceful state's even if you have bad adhd.  

True... I guess there is no best meditation. Thank you for answering!

Combining different techniques multiplies their effect.

For example 1h concentration -> 45m noting -> 15m do nothing. The order matters. 

@Gabriel Joy I really think 'Do-Nothing' Meditation blows all the others out of the water, re beginner gains.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

On 22/12/2021 at 6:41 PM, Michal__ said:

Combining different techniques multiplies their effect.

For example 1h concentration -> 45m noting -> 15m do nothing. The order matters. 

I see, thank you for you're input!