johnlocke18

A deeper realization than god

247 posts in this topic

@johnlocke18 Yes, you’re arguing and trying to say I’m confused, when you didn’t know what I meant. You’re trying to say you’re right and I’m wrong. Is god a thing? Then it’s within emptiness. Emptiness isn’t a thing, so it’s not creating anything. I explained that and you misconstrued it. 

@Adamq8 Also, I didn’t dismiss god. I literally said I experienced god prior. This is straight up gaslighting. 

13 minutes ago, johnlocke18 said:

@Adamq8 I didn’t just feel like you did, you actually did laughing and saying I have a limited view of god when you didn’t know what I mean. Stop trying to make me feel like I’m in the wrong when You came in mocking and misunderstanding me. 

Dude calm down, you are confused here about what GOD is, God is not some force either, you have a poor definition of God and emptiness is NOT beyond or prior to, if you believe so, I suggest you actually study what God is, an experience is not even necessary in this case.

If emptiness is prior to or beyond GOD, then you could call it the magic unicorn- fart alien flying spaghetti monster because it is not real and something you made up just now.

Btw, if this is not clear by now, this is my "opinion" you don't have to care at all about what I say.

You can believe emptiness all you want, but I sincerely disagree with your conclusions.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Adamq8 You’re the one making up definitions. The point you just made is exactly what you’re doing. 

God: The supreme or ultimate reality. (Reality means existence making it a thing.)

Emptiness: the state of containing nothing

(meaning non existent)

Again, I didn’t say emptiness is prior to, I said god is within emptiness, since it’s a thing, being part of reality. You’re putting words in my mouth.

I am calm. You’re assuming I’m not probably due to projecting. 

@Adamq8 No, emptiness is emptiness. It’s noTHING. Meaning EveryTHING is within it. I shared my experience, and you came here arguing and making up definitions, so I don’t see why you’re saying the forum is open for discussion if you have such an issue with anyone that’s not just letting you talk to them however you want. And on top of that, you’re trying to tell me what I experienced. What’s even the point of the forum if we’re not even allowed to have our own experiences? 

Edited by johnlocke18

47 minutes ago, johnlocke18 said:

God doesn’t mean emptiness, it means the creator of everything, which has to be within emptiness.

I've heard this before, Sadhguru sayed also that the creator is not the end, nothingness goes beyond the creator even. But I still struggle to understand it fully.

I've heard mooji say things like, everything comes from consciousness and there's is something beyond consciousness, absolute nothingness or smth. It's hard to wrap my mind around it honestly. It's like consciousness itself is appearing in something that is unspeakable.

2 hours ago, johnlocke18 said:

You can’t get more nothing than nothing. 

I share the same view also. 

I like what you're saying on this thread.

Regards ?

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

I haven't experienced God, nothingness, or any mystical states so I can't say anything about the topic but I do "feel" that OP is half right. I don't know that's how I feel right now. ?‍♂️

@Salvijus Thank you. I wish it didn’t get messy from the arguing, but I can’t let someone make it out like I’m saying something I’m not. Hopefully they just leave it alone for the people that do get something from it. I’m done arguing on it anyway. 

What I have realized is that you have to let go of God for God. You can't even realize God for you are making two, you and the realization and at least I don't feel God is even One.

If we are actually serious about God whatever is it, it's God. So, there is no point in saying beyond God or that he is confined, arises, or within whatever. Whatever you come to ______ is God. What is very true is that you must also have to leave God for God, for God is also not God. And is not even self-aware that is God because that is again two, there is a reflection. So the only thing I'm trying to add, is that if God is The one, I think it's even a better pointing to say it is not even one, as the one is one in comparison to what? It's a such One that it cannot be One.

Also I want to add that I feel consciousness is too shallow at least for me, it just seems what is to be the case now but I don't feel it as necessarly primordial as Truth or Love. For me consciousness feels just as the conductor of anything to even exist but not primordial and always-already-ever-existing-reality.

Edited by The Buddha
Grammar

I might have misunderstod the OP here and if so I stand corrected.

but I would disagree that God is within emptiness since It does not exist and isn't real at all.

Since eternity is eternity, there is nothing else for God but God, non existence isnt real to IT, just a concept.

Thats all I wanted to add.

Im sorry if I misunderstod you @johnlocke18 from the beginning. 

Cheers ?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Adamq8 Thank you. You said yourself “there is NOTHING outside of god” meaning emptiness haha. But it’s all good now. My point is enlightenment is that nothingness. 

the point is to see that it is absolute emptiness is God. It is not something that can be explained. infinity is not within emptiness, it is emptiness. 

I still don't fully understand it and when I have had an experience of absolute emptiness sometimes it has been unsettling. with 5 meo you get there. but other times I have perceived with total clarity that absolute emptiness is this, reality, everything that is possible, infinity

Edited by Breakingthewall

Spiritual factions emphasize either God or nothingness and then they go to war with each other over which aspect is the right one.

I'm glad we can keep traditions alive here. ?

@Breakingthewall Again, emptiness is emptiness. God and infinity by definition are a thing. God is what’s creating everything and infinity is the existence that goes on and on that god is creating, by definition. So they’re both a thing, if they exist, meaning they have to be within nothingness. And nothingness is nothingness, it’s not creating anything because then that would make it a thing. Saying nothing is god is changing the definition of nothing. God is EVERYTHING, and anything that exists is within nothingness, meaning god is within nothingness. Even if reality goes on and on forever, it has to be within nothingness. 

@Breakingthewall Nothingness isn’t infinite or a creator. Nothingness is nonexistent, meaning it’s not even space. Infinite means going on and on forever, nothingness isn’t that, otherwise it would be a thing. Space can go on and on forever, but space isn’t the same thing as nothingness. 

6 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Spiritual factions emphasize either God or nothingness and then they go to war with each other over which aspect is the right one.

I'm glad we can keep traditions alive here. ?

? Good one!!

@Breakingthewall People tend to think of say, a black hole and say that there’s nothing within it, when really it’s just empty space. Same with cessation. When I say emptiness or nothingness, I mean TRUE nothingness. Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word emptiness, but true nothingness has to be the deepest realization, otherwise it’s something and that’s not it. It’s not even an experience when you truly realize nothingness. 

@WelcometoReality Well people saying god is nothingness are wrong because that’s simply not the definition. There’s no argument. Nothingness isn’t creating anything because then that would make it a thing. God is god nothingness is nothingness. 

@WelcometoReality And empty space isn’t nothingness, so even if empty space was creating everything it still exists and has to be within nothingness. I was wrong to say emptiness instead of nothingness.