Striving for more

I am frozen, I need help

12 posts in this topic

I'm stuck, I am stuck in an "emotional freeze" due to disappointment & letting myself down.

How the fuck do u feel good instantly, when u know u messed up a meaningful part of ur life again, leading to a desolate void & numbness. 

Also terrified of aging so terrified its like fuck missed my chance just die lol not literraly but feel that way right now. 

I am not "week", i'm not givign in to cravings "weak" isn't the wrong feeling, I am actually just frozen,  

no videos is working for me, not NLP, I'm too frozen to listen to it. 

i already worked out, did nothing. 

I'm not a couch potato, I just don't deal with disappointment to well, I dont recover easily. I am either very motivated or frozen, right now i am frozen. 

Last time this happened to me, I got stuck for a week, all over a far smaller thing even than this, so this process is scary. 

I am going to try solve this with action, but I did some actions eariler but the frozen emotion didnt' disappear. 

But i will try go act productive now & read any comments soon, ill see if it finally just autocorrects with action, I hope so but maybe theres more to it

Edited by Striving for more

Thanks for the response wtf lool. 

All the valuable genuis comments I've provided, this is what I get

Maybe you are judging yourself very harsh. 

Feelings of disappointment can happen when your emotions are unstable. Look into how you generally feel. 

From the nature of the posting, I see a lot of judgement to the point it looks brutal. This will lead to further emotional distress. 

Learn to accept who you are. Self acceptance is one of the keys to happiness. 

The reason why you are having these problems is because you are not happy with whoever you are or whatever you are doing. As a result, you're accumulating frustration. 

Practice gratitude and try to be happy in life without expecting or judging too much. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Striving for more said:

How the fuck do u feel good instantly, when u know u messed up a meaningful part of ur life again, leading to a desolate void & numbness. 

More so letting go of the thoughts and stories that are perpetuating that feeling. 

Sometimes things don't always go as planned, but you will look back on it and realize that it ultimately lead you in the right direction. Make an action plan going forward of what you are in control of and take action to get the life you want. 

Maybe take some time to reflect on your feelings and what you want. It's not all about just stuffing down your emotions and being productive. A good day of relaxing and rest might be of more use. You could also consider doing something fun or creative. 

30 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Maybe you are judging yourself very harsh. 

Feelings of disappointment can happen when your emotions are unstable. Look into how you generally feel. 

From the nature of the posting, I see a lot of judgement to the point it looks brutal. This will lead to further emotional distress. 

Learn to accept who you are. Self acceptance is one of the keys to happiness. 

The reason why you are having these problems is because you are not happy with whoever you are or whatever you are doing. As a result, you're accumulating frustration. 

Practice gratitude and try to be happy in life without expecting or judging too much. 

I can accept who I am (how I look How I think ect..)

But I cannot (Yet) accept the things I didn't do, should've done, the things I've missed. I just cant let it go some reason.

I am attached to a great life from the start, I am attached to youth, because I missed out on most of it, & I chose to do that. It just hurts. 

I am attached to the imaginary movie story that I failed to allow myself to have, I can still have it I guess, but I dont stop aging, Im terrified of aging. I guess everyone is.

37 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

More so letting go of the thoughts and stories that are perpetuating that feeling. 

Sometimes things don't always go as planned, but you will look back on it and realize that it ultimately lead you in the right direction. Make an action plan going forward of what you are in control of and take action to get the life you want. 

Maybe take some time to reflect on your feelings and what you want. It's not all about just stuffing down your emotions and being productive. A good day of relaxing and rest might be of more use. You could also consider doing something fun or creative. 

This is good advice thank you. 

The problem I have is, when I let go of the thoughts, this psychosomatic feeling persists, this intense horrible feeling like a soup of a mix of negative emotions including regret emptyness &  in my chest forehead & the thoughts perpetually reappear. 

And even worse, when the intensity disappears, this form of apathy later comes, like masquerading as peace, but really it's just apathy due the initial disappointment/pain. This apathy results in me watching joe rogan or random thoughts or doing some other pointless shit, but it's not me consciously wanting to slack off, I assume it's my brain reacting with an automatic defense "no we can't have this time to shut down & distract" but that's not what I need either, that's fake. 

So I actually know what my action plan should be right now, but it's the low morale I can't get rid off & I need to, because I still have some bold risky plans that will take will & a clear head & faith ... & logic & planning & foresight, none of my strengths even in a good state lol.

But you are right, rest right now & just letting go of my entire sense of self is the smartest thing to do right now, or I'll overcompensate & it will make tomorrow worse. 

I guess I will watch some JRE 

27 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

And even worse, when the intensity disappears, this form of apathy later comes, like masquerading as peace, but really it's just apathy due the initial disappointment/pain. This apathy results in me watching joe rogan or random thoughts or doing some other pointless shit, but it's not me consciously wanting to slack off, I assume it's my brain reacting with an automatic defense "no we can't have this time to shut down & distract" but that's not what I need either, that's fake. 

I experience this a bit sometimes too. I have a bad allergy to dust and I did a huge amount of dusting and cleaning vacuum cleaners and computers yesterday. So my sleep wasn't that great and I feel some fatigue today. Just writing that I realize I should take some of my allergy herb. However, this morning I slept in a couple hours because I took melatonin at 2am. It's been a slow cycle. I have sat on the pc for awhile and I don't particularly have much I have to do right away. However, I got myself to do some yoga, meditate, and sure I did waste a good amount of hours on the pc. 

I think a lot of it is just the aimlessness or avoiding the emotion with myself in this situation. If I just focused on reading a book or something I would feel great. If I had a video that I set out to watch and did that would feel good too. Just aimlessly being on the pc does not put me in a good state. So maybe more acknowledgement of this will help you. That and even just actually committing to relaxing or resting will feel much better. Instead of being stuck in a loop of how much I could be getting done, or how much time I wasting. I would even feel better playing a game if that is what I wanted to do. 

34 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

So I actually know what my action plan should be right now, but it's the low morale I can't get rid off & I need to, because I still have some bold risky plans that will take will & a clear head & faith ... & logic & planning & foresight, none of my strengths even in a good state lol.

Rest and rebuild the morale. 

Most people act without much thinking at all, so these don't sound like things you are struggling with. The more you love yourself, then the easier it will be to make choices in your life that creates more love. 

Enjoy your JRE :D

Try the ultramind solution, sometimes a simple diet change can help.

Other than that you are too attached to your story, and the past and future, you need to learn to be present, try meditation, I recommend unified mindfulness as a free course to start.

I’ve heard IFS therapy or self therapy by Jay Earely can help bring out emotions and process them.

Read apply books on leos book list about emotions.

Also leo has good video on emotion.apply that aswell

7 hours ago, Striving for more said:

Self compassion .. being flawed and prone to mistakes is a part of human nature.

Don't take life so personally.

Edited by Terell Kirby