blankisomeone

Switzerland Legalises ‘Suicide Machine’: Pod Offers Painless Death in a Minute

29 posts in this topic

What do u guys think of this machine and what do you think of the guy's statement:

'"It's not just some privilege for the very sick. It's a fundamental human right. If you've got the precious gift of life, you should be able to give that gift away at the time of your choosing."

Edited by blankisomeone

"There is no pain, no choking, no feeling." I mean, that's assuming you are the physical body. I'd say it isn't how the physical body dies that dictates how peaceful death is going to be

Edited by blankisomeone

i mean i'm for free will

guess it's better than to jump from a bridge or sommething

When it comes to living, no one seems to care
But when it comes to wanting out
Those with power, will be there

There is a time and a place for controlled death, but outside of that, we should focus on the death machine that is modern life.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I'm all for it if we install one in Trump's office and put a Big Mac in there :P

Although maybe it should involve some pain.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm all for it if we install one in Trump's office and put a Big Mac in there :P

Although maybe it should involve some pain.

Isn't Trump also God? Why would you want that to yourself? ?

I'm all for this.

Imagine you feel that you've done what you can in life, had the experiences you want, and just feel the sense that it's time. 

This is that machine. 

Honestly, IMO it would be better if we had a device available that we could self administrate and have on us at all times. 

Basically, it's introducing an "EXIT GAME" button which is totally within our own soverence to do so. 

Ever played a video game before and was like... nah this aint it chief - and exited game?

Now we get to do that, instead of "no you gotta painstaking wait until some illness or old age gets to you" 

I personally feel this device will ENRICH life, because we'll always have the option to leave, therefore MORE freedom, less fear. 

True love is the freedom to do or to not do anything, INCLUDING the freedom to exist or not to exist.

(As this current form, yes God will always exist ;) ) 

24 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Isn't Trump also God? Why would you want that to yourself? ?

Is God not allowed some evil for funzies? ;)

I understand why as a society we would allow it. 

but personally, I don't think suicide is ever a good idea.

as for the rationale? (the quote you posted) it's a bunch of bullshit lol.

Edited by SgtPepper

Well ok they can have their damn machine, just don’t promise it to be painless

9 minutes ago, SelfHelpGuy said:

MORE freedom, less fear. 

more freedom = more fear imo from a limited ego’s perspective

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Is God not allowed some fun? ;)

Yeah god is basically a psychopath

@SgtPepper

Change your definition of "suicide" to the "choice the reunite with infinite love and God when one chooses to do so".

Or more simply put, death / suicide is just "going home".

2 minutes ago, SelfHelpGuy said:

@SgtPepper

Change your definition of "suicide" to the "choice the reunite with infinite love and God when one chooses to do so".

The one who commits suicide isn’t thinking about reuniting with infinite love. He’s thinking of NONEXISTENCE (which can’t happen)

we’re here forever man, it sucks? Don’t you understand the seriousness of the situation? Lol

Edited by blankisomeone

@blankisomeone Yeah maybe from their mind's POV, but God is very aware of its doing.

But even then, the person who commits suicide is actually looking for "relief" and that is the definition of "infinite love".

Next time you orgasm, you'll notice it's basically intense relief. That's what a suicidal person wants, love. 

8 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

Yeah god is basically a psychopath

God is crazy like a fox ;)

1 hour ago, blankisomeone said:

“There is no pain, no choking, no feeling." I mean, that's assuming you are the physical body. I'd say it isn't how the physical body dies that dictates how peaceful death is going to be

I mean you can die a horrible torturous physical death but with the proper spiritual maturity you can take it like a good boy (and I guess even love it maybe)

Now u can get into this neat looking little machine and be such a dense devil that even though the physical body seems from the outside to be dying peacefully you will be screaming inside lol

So the advertisement for the machine should be “die peacefully with our machine (assuming you don’t have a dense ego)” — which is what most suicidal people have. But yeah I guess they won’t give the machine to people that just wanna die for whatever reason? Well, at the end of the day... Do whatever the goddamn fuck “you” want. That seems to be our oh so wise guiding principle nowadays?

Edited by blankisomeone

I like it

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

25 minutes ago, SelfHelpGuy said:

@SgtPepper

We already are home.

I don't think chasing relief is a good idea. God does not chase relief. God is always there for you to unite, and transcend suffering, that is the ego's relief.

It is you who feels like you are not home every time, you hold material objects as more important than who you truly are.

If we are here to self-actualize and deepen our relationship with God (ourself) then it makes sense to make it all the way to end despite suffering.

To me, it's a delusion created by the ego to kill your creation. If God wanted you dead, it would be so. 

Just my opinion though. In my experience, it all equalizes out into perfect peace in the end.

Edited by SgtPepper

2 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

What do u guys think of this machine and what do you think of the guy's statement:

'"It's not just some privilege for the very sick. It's a fundamental human right. If you've got the precious gift of life, you should be able to give that gift away at the time of your choosing."

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Is God not allowed some evil for funzies? ;)

Episode 1 of Futurama all over again 

847.jpg

download.jpeg

I acted like Cary Grant for so long, I became Cary Grant. – Cary Grant