KatiesKarma

Meaning behind sleep paralysis demons

24 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been asked a lot already but..

There have been 8ish instances where upon awakening (one time when I tried to astral project) I hallucinated these creepy black figures with a long pointy hat. Or I would wake up in panic and have these creepy orbs surrounding me. Always just for one to two seconds

I have a bunch of theories behind this.

Apart from being really fucking disturbing  this might offer some Insight into the nature of mind. Because upon awakening from a nightmare, I starred to the right of me and felt my mind dissociating/literally projecting that demonish figure. Like it was being created, or channeled. Or it tried to possess me. 

The other time I was in a monastery. The concept of sin and really just the brutal way of Life terrified me and again, I woke up in fear. At First nothing really happened. Then i starred into the darkness and for one second, another demon that resembled the typical visualization of Death appeared. 

Is this the early onset of psychosis or what

1 minute ago, KatiesKarma said:

Nope i don't think so

i used to have it a lot and never had a psychosis thus far

What's your lifestyle looking like?

Creepy as fuck, and way too structured to be an accident. Its almost like they are guardians which job it is to keep you in the body. It is really fucking weird that everyone has similar experiences when it comes to this, cant be an accident. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Creepy as fuck, and way too structured to be an accident. Its almost like they are guardians which job it is to keep you in the body. It is really fucking weird that everyone has similar experiences when it comes to this, cant be an accident. 

it certainly feels creepy

used to get it so much that i got kind of used to it at a point/could even enjoy it a bit sometimes

and learned how to pull myself out of it

now i almost never get it

Edited by PurpleTree

3 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

it certainly feels creepy

used to get it so much that i got kind of used to it at a point/could even enjoy it a bit sometimes

and learned how to pull myself out of it

now i almost never get it

Im so lucky I have never experienced it. I once got sleep paralysis after a some really bad sleep deprivation but it was more like I was stuck inside my head, everything was black and I couldnt move my body. Very anxiety inducing but not like a horror movie. Lasted about 10 seconds tops.

Edited by Rilles

I was able to enter sleep paralysis with like an 80% success rate if I made sure to make my sleep schedule a certain way. If you have a really awkward or bad sleep schedule you will probably get it, otherwise it's not really a problem. It seems to only ever occur if you are stressed or have a shitty sleep schedule, so in general I get the feeling it is not something positive.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

This Youtube named Lucidawake or something tried to astral project for 60 days until he finally succeeded, but it was eh creepy is again the word.  He would try to leave and then his mother in that realm would appear and talk gibberish, distract him and Push him back. Forbidden territory I guess

6 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Nope i don't think so

i used to have it a lot and never had a psychosis thus far

What's your lifestyle looking like?

My lifestyle is literal trash and rooted in avoidance of people, emotions and responsibility. I basically do nothing with my life, am eternally confused and probably in way more despair than I am currently aware of so eh might be why I atttact this dark energy

2 minutes ago, Osaid said:

I was able to enter sleep paralysis with like an 80% success rate if I made sure to make my sleep schedule a certain way. If you have a really awkward or bad sleep schedule you will probably get it, otherwise it's not really a problem. It seems to only ever occur if you are stressed or have a shitty sleep schedule, so in general I get the feeling it is not something positive.

Yeah but why does shitty sleep cause demonic hallucinations.... That's a weird connection man. Then again we would have to find out what exactly the purpose of sleep is apart from energy restoration. What happens to the I during times of unconsciousness

1 minute ago, KatiesKarma said:

This Youtube named Lucidawake or something tried to astral project for 60 days until he finally succeeded, but it was eh creepy is again the word.  He would try to leave and then his mother in that realm would appear and talk gibberish, distract him and Push him back. Forbidden territory I guess

My lifestyle is literal trash and rooted in avoidance of people, emotions and responsibility. I basically do nothing with my life, am eternally confused and probably in way more despair than I am currently aware of so eh might be why I atttact this dark energy

got it a lot when i was "partying" often

which one do you get the demon thing or the levitation thing? i used to get both

science says it's because you're half a sleep and half dreaming, but it is creepy that many people have similar experiences

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Im so lucky I have never experienced it. I once got sleep paralysis after a some really bad sleep deprivation but it was more like I was stuck inside my head, everything was black and I couldnt move my body. Very anxiety inducing but not like a horror movie. Lasted about 10 seconds tops.

yea the first time i thought i was going to die or having a stroke or something

11 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

yea the first time i thought i was going to die or having a stroke or something

One of the reasons Im scared to try astral projection too. Reality is weird, man.

15 minutes ago, KatiesKarma said:

Yeah but why does shitty sleep cause demonic hallucinations.... That's a weird connection man. Then again we would have to find out what exactly the purpose of sleep is apart from energy restoration. What happens to the I during times of unconsciousness

You can enter some very weird states of consciousness through sleep. I think depending on how you adjust your sleep schedule you can tune into some radically different realms or states of consciousness. Maybe shitty sleep schedules are the gateway to some dimension of demonic entities, which is what we would call sleep paralysis. If I remember correctly, it is also recommended that you adjust your sleep schedule if you want to enter astral projection as well. 

I also have a theory that the astral realm and the sleep paralysis realm are connected if not the same. I remember reading an account of someone who entered an astral projection and then saw their own physical body on their bed and then entered into it, and once they entered back into their own body they were in sleep paralysis. Maybe sleep paralysis is just a version of astral projection where you're still stuck in your body.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1 hour ago, KatiesKarma said:

The mind is trying to resolve the aversion from what is real, which, God bless the mind and it’s best efforts, it simply can not do and really, can no longer be expected to do. Only what is real will do, in matters of psychosis (or anything experientially resembling psychosis). 

A different model of approach will resolve the discord, and therein the disturbing visions. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Not trying to be an asshole, but orbs and creepy black figures in hats sound bad ass and awesome to me. Recently I visited a grave in a cemetery I was very interested in and a reaper turned up in the photo above me. I delight in that kind of thing, it's like we're all in on the cosmic joke kinda stuff, and there's really no death. I don't find it scary, I find it delightful. Then I walked right past a big monument for S.Nickerson and that made me snicker. It really is all in how you weave the story around it. What you see, what you are drawn to (or draw pictures of in your mind) and more importantly how you interpret and feel about it all responds to how you are feeling to begin with. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, Pateedm said:

Life's weird. 

And fun. In a funny, random as hell kind of way, which just happens to be my favorite kind of humor. Cloud's are nature's Rorschach ink blots. 

When you consider the analogy that you are the sky, the clouds are just thoughts, you start to enjoy them rather than be threatened or confused. Cause you know they don't really mean anything in themselves. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Not trying to be an asshole, but orbs and creepy black figures in hats sound bad ass and awesome to me. Recently I visited a grave in a cemetery I was very interested in and a reaper turned up in the photo above me. I delight in that kind of thing, it's like we're all in on the cosmic joke kinda stuff, and there's really no death. I don't find it scary, I find it delightful. Then I walked right past a big monument for S.Nickerson and that made me snicker. It really is all in how you weave the story around it. What you see, what you are drawn to (or draw pictures of in your mind) and more importantly how you interpret and feel about it all responds to how you are feeling to begin with. 

have you had sleep paralysis?

the scary part imo is the paralysis part, not really being able to move

I wouldn't say it's an early onset of psychosis. As someone who experienced this very heavily for about two years of my life my conclusion was the shadow figures or whatever may manifest in sleep paralysis / astral projection is a direct projection of your own shadow self. It can not directly harm you, though they do seem to be able to interact with your astral body. They use to throw me around the room while in sleep paralysis which wasn't fun, but doesn't hurt. Anyway, the realization they couldn't hurt me and it was just me doing it to me caused them to disappear ever since. 

It seems as though to me the concept of it is some sort of projected test of fear to help you overcome your shadow self and fear of the unknown in a general sense.

@mandyjwIf you never experienced it then it's difficult to have any real opinion on it. I seen some crazy shit in my waking life and even on psychedelics and no fear was given towards it. But, sleep paralysis / the astral plane is much much different in the sense of emotions one can feel. We have a lot less control there and it's much like a dark reflection of our own current reality. I can't talk too much about what it is or what is actually happening since is largely unknown and speculation. But, fear incarnate exists there and I would guess few people would ever be immune to these feelings in the first encounters. This is where the original idea of nightmares stem from. Demons who paralyze a person at night and feed off the fear the person has while paralyzed, or so the story goes.

Just the idea of being paralyzed is unsettling enough, but after frequent times happening the worry of it starts to disappear.

@KatiesKarma I used to get sleep paralysis a lot, like 6 years ago and earlier. Luckily, I never experience it anymore.

There are definitely no demons, though. I used to cover myself with a delightful green blanket, and so the "demon" looked green. It was basically just the blanket, but the mind is so fucking creative. It's not really what your eyes see, but how your mind interprets it.

Now, I can't remember exactly what I did to overcome that problem for good. But I remember how I started to figure out how to gain back control of the body during the attack. The technique is simple and easy. When you experience sleep paralysis, you feel distant from the body. The body feels heavy and you feel powerless. The way I used to gain back control was by simply moving my fingers and toes (basically small muscles) the moment I'd realize that I'm experiencing sleep paralysis, and then automatically the rest of the body would follow. It's as though the "soul" escapes the body during sleep and then keeps hanging out of it until we wake up, but with sleep paralysis it doesn't return for some reason. Don't try to move your entire arm or leg immediately, though, because it won't work but rather frustrate and freak you out as you probably know.

However, the only big challenge would be to remain calm during the attack and to not freak out. And for that, you can practice meditation. Also, try to avoid noise as much as possible, especially engine noise, because it's very toxic. And essentially, try to get rid of all stressors in your life. I have an inclination to believe that sleep paralysis is a manifestation and a direct symptom of stress. So, if you experience a lot of stress on a daily basis, you probably should be working on eliminating stress in all forms if you want a permanent solution.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, Nos7algiK said:

They use to throw me around the room while in sleep paralysis which wasn't fun, but doesn't hurt.

Haha. Used to get that, too. Not fun at all. Then I realized that the throwing around was just an oscillating sensation between the head and the heart area, kinda like a 3D circular audio effect manifested in real life in the visual field.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Open question. What happens if you totally surrender to sleep paralysis?

When I wanted to do astral projection I've experienced a paralysis a few times, then I thought "fuck this shit" and it stopped happening. That's the cure basicly ? It's like an intention that you create in your mind not to go in that direction anymore and that's it. Or maybe there's more to it, idk.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear.