SonataAllegro

Leo, can you talk more about the 2 directions of spiritual work?

210 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

I love this thread! :D

Yes, it seems to have gone through a spiritual journey of its own xD

On 12.12.2021 at 1:05 AM, BenG said:

Eckhart Tolle did the surrender method, but he was homeless for two years. That's not what I want.

He wasn't homeless. He sat on benches the whole day and then went home 

Edited by Jakuchu

Just adding here that I think Christopher M Bache is probably one of the deepest realized beings when it comes to true Understanding. Most of you probably know his book. He's done 20 years of structured high-dose tripping, he's way ahead of most of us here. His insights are incredible, rarely has anything ever touched me this deeply.

And the beauty of it all? He embodies his understanding. This "man" just radiates love and humbleness all the way in such an ordinary human expression. I am learning, again and again, that THIS is what's worth feeling into and using as a way to evaluate teachings that resonate. How much true, honest love a being is radiating. How thin is self importance? How far-reaching is the love in the sense that this person truly wants realization for all people and understands where we are.

Nobody is at fault or doing anything wrong here. We're perfectly where we are. We have to be careful not to make this into a spiritual mission that just fires up our egoic feelings of having to change anything - and at the same time, we must recognize the urgency of seeing that all this is us. I like "us" a bit more than "I". Sure sure, there is no other, yeah yeah <3 Two, not two, one, not one, zero, not even zero... It doesn't matter. It's all God/Love/One, and we are that, as one, period and over. Let's do what's necessary to see that, love ourselves along the way and come together (!!!) to find out how we can paint this beautiful creation more lovely still. How much love can we express? ??❤️

On 12/12/2021 at 2:18 AM, Leo Gura said:

becoming the most conscious and loving embodiment of God in the universe.

i've been looking how to nicely phrase this goal of mine, thanks!

softly into the Abyss...

2 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Just adding here that I think Christopher M Bache is probably one of the deepest realized beings when it comes to true Understanding. Most of you probably know his book. He's done 20 years of structured high-dose tripping, he's way ahead of most of us here. His insights are incredible, rarely has anything ever touched me this deeply.

Most here are in their early 20s/30s. That man is 72yrs old. Give us some time, sheesh

Edited by Jakuchu

1 minute ago, Jakuchu said:

Most here are in their early 20s/30s. That man is 72yrs old. Give us some time sheesh

?

No need to hurry, we have all the time in the world

On 12/12/2021 at 4:04 AM, BenG said:

Love is the highest value. Understanding is love. Not just at the deepest level, but at every level.

To see what I mean, take a random household object and start working to understand it fully. Understand it in every possible way you can. You'll start to appreciate the object more and more until you start seeing it as beautiful and perfect.

It's kind of a weird exercise, but it should show you the link between understanding and love.

I have been doing this exercise everyday and everywhere for a few years. Yes, love and understanding are connected. But there are situations which hate and understanding are also connected. For example, the more I understand the motives of bullies and serial killers (psychopaths), the more I get disgusted by them.

@jimwell And what is it that you think motivates them? I assure you that you are mistaken.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

3 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

@jimwell you'll love them, too.

I don't. You do? ? Stop joking.

@tsuki

4 minutes ago, BenG said:

Interesting. I suppose that may be valid, but also, understanding these people can likewise lead to empathy and compassion for them. For example, bullies are often people who have been bullied themselves. They're not inherently bad people, they're just perpetuating a cycle.

We can make much more progress when we look at things from this angle rather than hating people for what we don't like about them.

I can understand the empathy and understanding for these twisted humans. They never chose their abusive parents and genetics.

But simultaneously, I see the masquerade, power trip, evil, and cowardice in these bastards. These are deeply wounded individuals with much hidden or unacknowledged anger inside. Their entire existence is then devoted to restoring their self-esteem by exacting vengeance to innocent humans. And of course, they choose the easiest or weakest targets who are women, disabled, kids, and senior citizens. These serial killers though might seem outlaws, are actually conformists. It is people who are regarded as low value to society ("bitches", homeless, mentally or physically disabled, etc.) who are usually decapitated and dismembered by these coward bastards.

And I value self-responsibility, independent thinking, goodness, honesty, self-awareness, and bravery. Thats why I feel repulsed.  

@jimwell

you hate that which you fear could be unleashed from inside of you ... if it wasn't inside you, you could not react adversely to it in others

3 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

@jimwell

you hate that which you fear could be unleashed from inside of you ... if it wasn't inside you, you could not react adversely to it in others

You're playing a game.

You also hate that who murders your mother, wife or dog. Not everything you hate is a "shadow" inside you.

1 minute ago, jimwell said:

You're playing a game.

You also hate that who murders your mother, wife or dog. Not everything you hate is a "shadow" inside you.

we are all clones in different clothes, i am no different to a terrorist a murderer or a rapist

@jimwell I wonder how well you understand the evil you did yourself and how you view you choice on that matter. 

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

5 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

we are all clones in different clothes, i am no different to a terrorist a murderer or a rapist

You better stop playing your spiritual games. If you insist on it, you also deserve to get jailed and tortured, or executed.

8 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@jimwell I wonder how well you understand the evil you did yourself and how you view you choice on that matter. 

To be alive is to be evil. So, yes, I am evil. But not as evil as the bullies and serial killers. What's your point?

8 minutes ago, jimwell said:

You better stop playing your spiritual games. If you insist on it, you also deserve to get jailed and tortured, or executed.

volunteering with inmates who have life sentences has done wonders for me seeing what a total piece of shit i am and i don't deserve the luck i have

3 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

volunteering with inmates who have life sentences has done wonders for me seeing what a total piece of shit i am and i don't deserve the luck i have

Being humble is admirable only if it is genuine. You sound very convinced (or self-deceived) with your statement. I'd love to hear more details about your story.

14 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

God bless ya. ??❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, jimwell said:

Being humble is admirable only if it is genuine. You sound very convinced (or self-deceived) with your statement. I'd love to hear more details about your story.

i would only say it is worth getting to know personally people those who has committed seemingly unspeakable atrocities ... when i did this i realized what a despicable hypocrite i was