Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

How To Let Go Of The Story?

52 posts in this topic

I can close my eyes and realize there is noone looking out into the world... yet I still exist as this idea of a person in a body. So not much has changed really even though Im really grateful for this realization that I have worked hard at for the past 4 years.

How do I deepen and fully let go? Where do I look? Thoughts I guess? Any help 'preciated thanks. 

(Sober. Dont recommend psychedelics please, I know they exist but Im not in the right mindstate to do them right now.)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Most of the story about yourself is about "your past." Because who you think you are is basically just made of a collection of memories. That's why it's very effective to become more and more deeply aware of what is now. 

Actually, it's not even so much about what is now, but rather about what is NOT now. You see?

The deeper you become aware of your past being nothing but a projected and imagined fiction, the more you will liberate yourself from the story that you think you are. 

The realization that time is an illusion has many levels. It goes deeper and is more important for the dispelling of our mistaken identification than most of us think.

Look at what is, and you will realize what isn't xD

So my advice to you essentially boils down to meditation. You'll get to a point where the story is so much gone, that you'll feel like you're going crazy or losing all your orientation. That's how you know your doing it right, haha? you'll come back tho, don't worry

...until you don't!

your identification with your story is directly proportional to the density of your egoic state. The ego is limits, definition, form, so it is all the time creating a mental image of you, like a running software, and for that there is nothing better than analyzing the past and based on reaching the conclusion: I am this. the slower that software runs, the less need for definition, and therefore, the less analysis of the past. If the software stops, you see that you are the indefinable present, without labels. the past completely loses its strength and its poison. It goes from being a color film to black and white, and you forget it. If suddenly something from your past comes back to bite you ... it is that you have raised the energy bar of the ego state. to lower it I know two things that work: meditation and psychedelics. Since you don't want the latter, meditate, if possible in the morning, in the middle of the day and at night. hours, until your ego gets softer

17 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Most of the story about yourself is about "your past." Because who you think you are is basically just made of a collection of memories. That's why it's very effective to become more and more deeply aware of what is now. 

Actually, it's not even so much about what is now, but rather about what is NOT now. You see?

The deeper you become aware of your past being nothing but a projected and imagined fiction, the more you will liberate yourself from the story that you think you are. 

The realization that time is an illusion has many levels. It goes deeper and is more important for the dispelling of our mistaken identification than most of us people think.

So my advice to you essentially boils down to meditation. You'll get to a point where the story is so much gone, that you'll feel like you're going crazy or losing all your orientation. That's how you know your doing it right, haha? you'll come back tho, don't worry

...until you don't!

This is some great advice! The backstory is so sticky though. Guess I will be very busy untangling this shit for a few years. :D Until I realize its myself Im untangling. 

Haha "Until I dont..." This will be a bumpy ride. xD

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

.. yet I still exist as this idea of a person in a body.

This is the story you tell yourself.

You let go of the story by deconstructing the idea itself .. this is what awakening entails.

The story that you're a person is caused by unawareness. Just ramp up your awareness until you're no longer human ? 

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

5 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

This is the story you tell yourself.

You let go of the story by deconstructing the idea itself .. this is what awakening entails.

Interesting... Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

The story that you're a person is caused by unawareness. Just ramp up your awareness until you're no longer human ? 

Awareness is key to everything! 

Make the mind and body disappear in samadhi.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

Awareness is key to everything! 

Ahah, so you already know the answer then ? 

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Ahah, so you already know the answer then ? 

Haha its more of an intutition I guess. 

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Haha its more of an intutition I guess. 

Spot on intuition.

There are any number of ways of rising the awareness. All the spiritual practices and meditations are about that mainly. The sense of being a person will not go away by mentally phylosophizing about it. But you probably know that already, I think.

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Spot on intuition.

There are any number of ways of rising the awareness. All the spiritual practices and meditations are about that mainly. The sense of being a person will not go away by mentally phylosophizing about it. But you probably know that already, I think.

My intution tells me I need to look in my direct experience at what the "person" actually is. So far its pretty obvious that the person is created in the thoughts, memories and mental images. I will start there. 

Edited by Rilles

You aren't the character, you're the author. So it's not that you need to let go of the story, but you get to know and feel that you love and create it all out of love for all/no one in particular. So just tap into that creative, love/ appreciation, inspiration stuff and it will do all the writing for you. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

9 minutes ago, Rilles said:

My intution tells me I need to look in my direct experience at what the "person" actually is. So far its pretty obvious that the person is created in the thoughts. I will start there. 

Yeah, but you see, how successful your investigation will be, is determined by how sharp your awareness is so... ? 

Even to locate the sense of a person in your psyche you need considerable amount of awareness. Let alone to transcend it.

Edited by Salvijus

5 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Yeah, but you see, how successful your investigation will be, is determined by how sharp your awareness is so... ? 

Even to locate the sense of a person in your psyche you need considerable amount of awareness. Let alone to transcend it.

Yep, even just realizing noone is looking out through the eyes has taken a long time to see... even though its so damn obvious. Mainly because awareness/focus is bouncing all over the place and its hard to separate subtle thoughts from direct experience. 

Edited by Rilles

@Rilles actually "I watching" meditation is very good for what you're doing. A person or I-feeling is actually an observable phenomena not just a vague idea that doesn't exist. It's like a sensation or tension inside the psyche with your self-image on it. If you can become aware of it, the rest is easy. But it takes considerable amount of awareness to locate it.

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

I can close my eyes and realize there is noone looking out into the world... yet I still exist as this idea of a person in a body. So not much has changed really even though Im really grateful for this realization that I have worked hard at for the past 4 years.

How do I deepen and fully let go? Where do I look? Thoughts I guess? Any help 'preciated thanks. 

(Sober. Dont recommend psychedelics please, I know they exist but Im not in the right mindstate to do them right now.)

No need to attempt to let go, there already isn't anyone there....it is a solid recognition there just wasn't anyone there experiencing in the first place. There seems to be because that's how things were perceived for a very long time.(I am in here looking out at everything out there)

This sense of self is like an enormous web of ideas, beliefs, thoughts, assumptions, perceptions, knowledge..... break it down and recognize it doesn't equal a real ME.

And the self would expect there to be a grandiose firework show or something when it's recognized...... but actually it can be a quite subtle recognition also at first ❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

The realization that time is an illusion has many levels. It goes deeper and is more important for the dispelling of our mistaken identification than most of us think.

...until you don't!

This triggered a Now Realization, no joke.

You re good, i Will have to bookmark this post to read It again in my next trip ?

27 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

No need to attempt to let go, there already isn't anyone there....it is a solid recognition there just wasn't anyone there experiencing in the first place. There seems to be because that's how things were perceived for a very long time.(I am in here looking out at everything out there)

This sense of self is like an enormous web of ideas, beliefs, thoughts, assumptions, perceptions, knowledge..... break it down and recognize it doesn't equal a real ME.

And the self would expect there to be a grandiose firework show or something when it's recognized...... but actually it can be a quite subtle recognition also at first ❤ 

????????

If you still exist as this idea of a person in a body, what is aware of the thoughts; idea, person, body? 

Perhaps there is a belief one can think perception, and or that there is a plurality to perception. 

Try to find the separation which makes it so, which is not an arising thought. 

Experience transmutation. Write everything you now know you don’t want on paper, and everything you now know you do want on the dreamboard. See it, & tell the story of wanted, and indeed it will be. This has been the case all along, without exception. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE