Random witch

Femininity isn't a weakness

33 posts in this topic

@PurpleTree Our culture brainwashing us thinking that:

Masculinity=strong

Femininity=weak

If you haven't noticed that yet, I don't know what else to say...

Besides perhaps vulnerably and nurturing are those really feminine traits in your society? Not saying their masculine either of course.

Edited by Spiral

@Spiral I didn't say that gender X is terrible.

I think healthy masculine traits are amazing and as beautiful as the feminine.

But I struggle to love or accept the toxic masculinity which is everywhere. I don't want to be repressed by that or controlled by that as a woman.

Toxic masculinity cased me so much pain and self alienation feelings as a woman, it makes you believe that you're not good enough and you'll never be. The outcomes of this mindset is very negative, for both genders but especially for women.

Weaknesses in my opinion is to being aware to this but keep supporting it or ignoring it.

It's very disappointing to see so many men who are aware to the fact that our society controlled by this shitty sexist mindset and are still talk so much sexist shit.

@Random witch Alright fair enough. That’s fairly common criticism of men.

Can’t speak for other cultures however where I’m it’s considered rather unappealing to associate with people who have sexist and/or racist views. A lot of western cultures are way behind tho in this regard.

@Knowledge Hoarder It's more for me rather than for changing someone.

I have the passion to share my opinions, there's nothing wrong about it.

Those who take this seriously can only benefit from that.

This is a rather partial view. 

While both masculinity and femininity are both valuable dimensions to an integral personal development and society, 

bashing the other side is not gonna do anyone any good.

All parties are struggling to survive and for love.

Men aren't selfish and underdeveloped because they want to be and they need lecturing. 

Most of these guys lack love and development themselves and are struggling for them in dysfunctional ways.

If you want to promote your love for femininity, go ahead why not. But don't go bashing men for being dysfunctional. 

Remember. Dating and relationships are a value negotiation.

It's your job to filter out toxic men. The men you allow into your life are a reflection of how you treat yourself.

While I love constructive criticism and  eloquent discussions about the limits of 'masculinity' in our culture 

there is a difference between conscious discussions and demonizing men out of pain.. 

Edited by Jacob Morres

@Byun Sean I talked about toxic behaviors and toxic paradigms common in men that I see as weakness. Those who feel shame reading what I wrote should check themselves and ask themselves why.

Men with an healthy way to see women, won't be bothered by that. Seriously.

@Jacob Morres Demonizing it's to say "All men are evil no matter what", but I didn't demonize men. I distinguished between weak and strong qualities in men.

If you noticed I wrote in the end that I hate toxic masculinity or something. But I do love healthy masculinity which is in harmony with the femininity and completes it. Toxic masculinity looks to exploit and control femininity.

12 hours ago, Random witch said:

@Byun Sean I talked about toxic behaviors and toxic paradigms common in men that I see as weakness. Those who feel shame reading what I wrote should check themselves and ask themselves why.

Men with an healthy way to see women, won't be bothered by that. Seriously.

Your frustration with toxic behaviors in men is completely understandable.

But you must know that most of these men act in these ways because they are struggling to get their needs met and survive just like you.

On top of that bashing them by calling them weak won't likely get them to change for the better.