Raze

Pilot says 'Let's go Brandon'. Is he dangerous or harmless?

27 posts in this topic

On Oct. 2, when race car driver Brandon Brown won his first NASCAR Xfinity Series race and was being interviewed by NBC reporter Kelli Stavast. In the background, some in the crowd can be heard chanting "F*** Joe Biden," though Stavast says "you can hear the chants from the crowd, 'Let's go, Brandon!' " in her broadcast.

the phrase "Let's go, Brandon!" quickly spread among conservative groups and continues to be used in place of the direct expletive toward President Biden, even among members of Congress.

But now a AP reporter has alleged that before takeoff, an airline pilot said "Let's go Brandon" over the intercom

https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/30/southwest-airlines-pilot-allegedly-said-let-s-go-brandon-over-intercom/

The pilot is now under investigations. There have been calls to southwest airlines to fire him.

Here are some examples of the negative response:

https://i.imgur.com/HyjeUJp.jpg

However the right is calling the response hypocritical, for example the infamous Ben Shapiro:

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1454977438795112449

What do you think? Should the pilot be punished for saying this, is it potentially dangerous? Or should he be allowed to say whatever he wants.

Edited by Raze

@hoodrow trillson No. People, not conservatives, are mocking the establishment because it's a joke. 

At the same time though it could escalate into more anger which is not good. Hopefully people move on from it all. 

Edited by Johnny Galt

51 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

cuckservatives

Hahahahahhah

@Raze This is an inconsequential topic. 

1 hour ago, Harlen Kelly said:

@Arcangelo Getting fired for saying some dumb sh*t is not cancel culture, it's getting fired for saying some dumb sh*t. 

But that's not to say that cancel culture isn't an issue?

Sometimes cancel culture is important. Let's say someone has a past history of rape, abuse, murder, pedophilia and now they're a politician. Do we really allow such a person continue to have a public career? And if we do, what sort of a message are we sending? 

But cancel culture over something extremely little like a word etc is childish in my opinion. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I love the slogan because it encapsulates their grievances. Behold the grand conspiracy to hide a chanting crowd. 

Are you from the U.S? Here employers have the right to make religious jewelry or decorations against their policy. It's considered unprofessional to impose personal beliefs in the workplace. 

A business can make a political statement, but you can't make one under the businesses name without consequences. There's no shortage of conservative business interest so idk what Ben is getting at. Plus plenty of ma and pa's will let their employees wear blue lives matter pins. But now Ben's comparing support for a political candidate with political support for black people. I'm pretty sure a business could figure out what is more inflammatory for sales. 

And for the record it wouldn't be cancel culture if I show up to work without shoes and get fired? Believe it or not employers have the right to fire people lol

Edited by fortifyacacia3

Im niether on the left or the right but I have to admit that everyone is making such a big deal with lets go brandon.  The pilot should not be fired. The best thing to do is ignore the situation because everytime they give it attention it gives more power to the statement.  

52 minutes ago, Tanz said:

Im niether on the left or the right but I have to admit that everyone is making such a big deal with lets go brandon.  The pilot should not be fired. The best thing to do is ignore the situation because everytime they give it attention it gives more power to the statement.  

Winner

These people have made politics just so stupid and nasty...

Unless you're okay with sacrificing your brain cells at the alter, then please don't concern yourself too much with culture war nonsense.

Edited by AdroseAkise
your vs you're

42 minutes ago, AdroseAkise said:

Unless your okay with sacrificing your brain cells at the alter, then please don't concern yourself too much with culture war nonsense.

Lmao, don’t worry—most of us are pointing and laughing at these hogs.  I just feel bad for the sane people who are engaging with those idiots online in arguments.  They’re never going to win playing pigeon chess.

I honestly don’t really listen to people who got a D+ in Science during high school, tell me that I’m brainwashed, science/statistics are wrong and that my rights are being infringed on.

Oh word?  Taking this vaccine in a pandemic is a method of control?  Lmao, got it thanks buddy.  ? 

If you made the vaccine injection mandatory to access the internet—you’d be surprised how fast these fucking morons would take the “jab” to get another dopamine hit of their echo chambers. ? 

1 hour ago, hoodrow trillson said:

I honestly don’t really listen to people who got a D+ in Science during high school

I disagree with this, there are many factors that play into why people perform poorly in school and to use that as a measure of any sort of intelligence is not very fair.

11 minutes ago, AdroseAkise said:

I disagree with this, there are many factors that play into why people perform poorly in school and to use that as a measure of any sort of intelligence is not very fair.

Lol, you don't say?!

It's hyperbole used in the same manner as saying the pandemic is a trojan horse to gain control over the population.  

On 11/1/2021 at 5:33 PM, hoodrow trillson said:

So cuckservatives are too scared to say "Fuck Joe Biden" now? xD

You mean the liberal reporter who was too scared to say what the crowd was really chanting and instead spun it as "Let's Go Brandon"? Honestly, saying "Conservatives are too scared to say Fuck Joe Biden" sounds like a good amount of cope. Joe Biden managed to bring the world together to chant Let's Go Brandon. He has finally lived up to his message of unity. 

Did you also know Robert De Niro said "Fuck Trump!" on stage at the Tony Awards and there was also a rap song by YG called Fuck Donald Trump shortly after he was elected? Yet when conservatives do it, democrats go, "Whoah, have some respect for the president now." What goes around, comes around. 

28 minutes ago, Nyseto said:

You mean the liberal reporter who was too scared to say what the crowd was really chanting and instead spun it as "Let's Go Brandon"? Honestly, saying "Conservatives are too scared to say Fuck Joe Biden" sounds like a good amount of cope. Joe Biden managed to bring the world together to chant Let's Go Brandon. He has finally lived up to his message of unity. 

Did you also know Robert De Niro said "Fuck Trump!" on stage at the Tony Awards and there was also a rap song by YG called Fuck Donald Trump shortly after he was elected? Yet when conservatives do it, democrats go, "Whoah, have some respect for the president now." What goes around, comes around. 

How does it feel to write two whole paragraphs with absolutely nothing of value?

Scientists really need to study this level of brain worms caused by being terminally online.

22 hours ago, AdroseAkise said:

Unless you're okay with sacrificing your brain cells at the alter, then please don't concern yourself too much with culture war nonsense.

We need to send this video to Leo, he would love the cringe comedy.

Jesus Christ is sitting in heaven with a complete disgust of what has become of his disciples. 

These music videos are the entire culmination of 'unconscious politics'.

Edited by AdroseAkise