Intraplanetary

Is Tarot card reading legit?

12 posts in this topic

I was told about this person who reads tarot and works with energy cleansing. I could have a reading done for a reasonable price. 

I'm a bit hesitant though because I don't see it as true spirituality, and I'm all about true, real and deep spiritual work and I feel that that reading may be pulled out of someone's ass.

What do you think?

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

No more or less legit than for example the I Ching. Although, I'd probably rather read the I Ching than Tarot cards. 

4 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

I feel that that reading may be pulled out of someone ass.

Yup, namely your ass. That's how it works. 

I think if you want to do it, do it out of fun and curiosity. No other reason.

Also if you like, why don't you get a deck and intuitively pick the cards for yourself? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Also if you like, why don't you get a deck and intuitively pick the cards for yourself? 

I had been doing this. Tarot cards played a huge part in my spiritual journey, yet where I'm now, I don't relate as much at all. It's a bit shallow, mind-gamy and lacks profundity.

Because i have experience with Tarot cards, I'm very aware of how extremely personal it can be. Hence, everyone can interpret it differently depending on their own perspective. And if a person is really really good with speaking, she/he could just very eloquently pull things out of ass without having legitimate spiritual experiences. However, I could see this BS instantly and that would be my loss. 

Not sure if I want to do it for fun too cause i would hear some stuff and my ego mind would cling to it. It's super sticky and picks on many things! I'm all about just letting shit go and that would not be that. 

softly into the Abyss...

Don't know about cards, but there are legit psychics out there albeit extremely rare. The best way to know is whether or not they charge; all the legit ones I knew never charged so if they do something is already sus. 

There are definitely powerful and legit psychics. They choose to use the cards. I don’t think people with those abilities would use something ineffective so often. I’ve done a 20 or so card reading for someone when I was in a conducive state, and they were pretty sure I had really uncovered some good clarity and answers. I have to be in the right state for it to feel like I’m really connecting to give someone answers personally. You have to realize that even if tarot cards have zero spiritual legitimacy they can still be used quite effectively in a psychological sense. Just give it a try. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

Its fun, but not legit. Just like horoscopes they can occasionally provide useful advice but there is nothing supernatural about them, its just a silly harmless minigame.

If you are conscious enough then you are better of exploring other ventures.

Well, Tarot Cards are giving advice to the ego.

It's not non-duality. 

It's very much dream-illusion-time based.

It's like positive affirmations, to me. It helps the ego live in the dream world.

16 hours ago, Intraplanetary said:

I had been doing this. Tarot cards played a huge part in my spiritual journey, yet where I'm now, I don't relate as much at all. It's a bit shallow, mind-gamy and lacks profundity.

Because i have experience with Tarot cards, I'm very aware of how extremely personal it can be. Hence, everyone can interpret it differently depending on their own perspective. And if a person is really really good with speaking, she/he could just very eloquently pull things out of ass without having legitimate spiritual experiences. However, I could see this BS instantly and that would be my loss. 

Not sure if I want to do it for fun too cause i would hear some stuff and my ego mind would cling to it. It's super sticky and picks on many things! I'm all about just letting shit go and that would not be that. 

The ego mind is not what you think it is. "It's" trying to control the outcome. It will try to control the outcome of its own demise. Being afraid of letting stuff go because some scenario might happen is not how stuff is let go of. 

Sometimes you have what seems on the surface to be a ridiculously awful experience and it turns out to be hilariously, perfectly... exactly what was wanted. 

If I walked in for a tarot card reading with the attitude of "fuck it, I don't know what's going to happen but I want to find out", I'm totally aware. No one is going to pull the wool over my eyes, I'm pure awareness, pure curiosity. If I go in afraid I might be fooled, or fool myself, I've already done it to myself, immediately.

Well played fictional ego. Well played. 

It's all just play. 

What do you want from it? 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Tarot is bunk.. but Cootie Catchers are legit. 

cootie-catcher-19-scaled.jpg

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

The one thing I'll say is that Tarot cards tend to give fairly spiritual-level advice and/or food for contemplation.  It can be helpful in the same way that a therapist asking questions is helpful -- you look into what is said and contemplate it deeply as it may or may not apply to your own life.  Simply taking this frame, this viewpoint, can be very valuable in looking at your problems from a different or elevated perspective.

That being said, the couple of readings I've done with careful and deep intention have been uncannily helpful; I would not discount the power of intention and the interconnectedness of the universe, there's more going on here than just physics.

its actually not bullshit however alot of people who claim to know how to read are frauds

because its told you should not do a reading more than once a month because of the energy it takes to read

so people who are doing readings for money are fakes

its basically a mathematical algorithm based on the kaballah the cards are letters (there are 22 major cards and 22 hebrew letters ) 

when you lay out cards they are legit letter that spell words out plus symoblism that your higherself reads and understands