WokeBloke

Thoughts do not think

45 posts in this topic

Another way of putting this is that thoughts are not aware. So every thought that you see on this forum has no life of its own. Perhaps this is obvious but when you read all of these thoughts notice they were all created. They are not the creator. They come from the creator. 

There is a source of all thoughts. And notice that you are that very source.

Edited by WokeBloke

Semi False, you, your human self, is actually a thought that can think.

Your beliefs, subconscious programming, things running you, are thoughts that gained life of their own. Ego is a thought that gained its own finite energy and consciousness.

Thoughts can gain their own finite energy consciousness and awareness which brings life to more new thoughts. This is what allows free will and choice.

Everything in existence has its own consciousness, it’s own thoughts. Thoughts that have thoughts that have thoughts.

Theres no true distinction between the creator and creation. Existence is a thought.

Mooji: "show me the source" >:)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

There is a source of all thoughts. And notice that you are that very source.

You sound like a woke bloke. 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Thought isn’t perceived, ‘human self’ is a thought. 

What do you mean by 'thought isn't perceived'?

Of course thought is perceived (unless it is a subconscious thought). Whatever conceptual activity we are conscious of is perceived. Even though the mind is not a perceptual faculty by itself, but a reflection of the perceptual faculties, it is still perceived. Thoughts are abstractions of our senses, and so the mind might be held as the 'space' or capacity for internal sensory reflections. So the mind could also be defined as 'inner world of sight, sound, smell, taste and sensations that exists solely as an abstraction of the actual senses'.

OP - thought is an internal mirror that we can use for different applications. But like a mirror, the reflection is never the thing that is reflected, and given our innate capacity as humans for error and self bias, this mirror could get twisted. It is like looking in the mirror and assuming that the reflection is you. What happens if you do that and the mirror is very distorted? You would think yourself to be disfigured or some such. 

@Batman thought is not perceived not one bit. 

Thought is breaking itself into two, the watcher and the watched. 

It's literally trying to watch itself which is impossible. Why? Because it is afraid and tries to create space between itself and itself which is also impossible. 

Any moment you Identify with or claim something to be yours, you're actually afraid, and in your fear you identify in order to create space between you and said thing. 

Thought is an illusion says thought?

Illusion is a thought about an illusory thought.

Strangeloop.?

But actually, via meditation its seen that thought is just a story that appears, but it can also be extremely efficient tool for creating ? thoughts is creative tho! It is not all bad ?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

1 hour ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@Batman thought is not perceived not one bit. 

Thought is breaking itself into two, the watcher and the watched. 

It's literally trying to watch itself which is impossible. Why? Because it is afraid and tries to create space between itself and itself which is also impossible. 

Any moment you Identify with or claim something to be yours, you're actually afraid, and in your fear you identify in order to create space between you and said thing. 

If you are not perceiving my thought then how do you respond to it?

5 hours ago, Batman said:

What do you mean by 'thought isn't perceived'?

By perception, I mean seeing, hearing, tasting, touch, etc. By thought isn’t perceived, I mean there is no experience of seeing thought, hearing thought, tasting thought, touching thought, etc. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Wow, strangeloopy topic

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

Thought is an illusion says thought?

Illusion is a thought about an illusory thought.

Strangeloop.?

But actually, via meditation its seen that thought is just a story that appears, but it can also be extremely efficient tool for creating ? thoughts is creative tho! It is not all bad ?

Thoughts appear because you generate them. If you do not accept this premise then you are literally a slave to thoughts.

7 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Thoughts appear because you generate them. If you do not accept this premise then you are literally a slave to thoughts.

Okay Woke Bloke, stop all your thoughts RIGHT NOW

Can't, because they also generate themselves. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

27 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

If you are not perceiving my thought then how do you respond to it?

@WokeBloke I really don't know. That's the miracle, and it makes no sense. 

5 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Okay Woke Bloke, stop all your thoughts RIGHT NOW

Can't, because they also generate themselves. 

No I can stop thinking for periods of time. Then I think again. It's an addiction. Just because the smoker can't stop smoking doesn't mean they aren't the one smoking.

the thoughts are the ego talking to itself. if he is silent, he disappears, and since he doesn't like to disappear, he doesn't shut up. so contrast things, oppose concepts, create dualities. the ego was created talking to other people. if there are no people around, speak to himself 

thoughts are you taking a shape. if there are no thoughts you are formless, unlimited. As you need to perceive your shape, you think. 

If we stop being addicted to needing to perceive our shape, thinking can stop. It is difficult because it seems that you are going to fall off a cliff. you have to hold on to the shape 

perceiving yourself as a shape was essential to be able to adapt to living in society. you put all your energy into getting it. now it is a deep habit, very difficult to abandon. it was necessary, now no longer. for many it is a hindrance, and hence the need to change the frequency. you have to put all the energy back into leaving the form. a kind of cycle that some have to go through. learn to think, and now learn to not think.

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

the thoughts are the ego talking to itself. if he is silent, he disappears, and since he doesn't like to disappear, he doesn't shut up. so contrast things, oppose concepts, create dualities. the ego was created talking to other people. if there are no people around, speak to himself 

thoughts are you taking a shape. if there are no thoughts you are formless, unlimited. As you need to perceive your shape, you think. 

If we stop being addicted to needing to perceive our shape, thinking can stop. It is difficult because it seems that you are going to fall off a cliff. you have to hold on to the shape 

perceiving yourself as a shape was essential to be able to adapt to living in society. you put all your energy into getting it. now it is a deep habit, very difficult to abandon. it was necessary, now no longer. for many it is a hindrance, and hence the need to change the frequency. you have to put all the energy back into leaving the form. a kind of cycle that some have to go through. learn to think, and now learn to not think.

I would say the thoughts are the creator talking to itself. Thinking isn't always bad. Personally I'm not trying to get rid of thinking but rather improve it. As you said learning how to think and how to stop thinking are very important. It can be used to help in my opinion.

15 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

@WokeBloke Its possible for thoughts to think and have their own thoughts.

No it isn’t. That is one thought… the content of that one thought is that ‘thoughts think and have stuff’. Inspection of direct experience is possible. :)

An easier example is the thought ‘a hundred thoughts’. That’s one thought… the content of which is there’s a hundred thoughts, but it’s not a hundred thoughts, it’s one thought about there being a hundred. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm The fact of that the statement itself is a thought doesn't take away from the content, what that thought represents, that thoughts can also think and have their own thoughts. It is true that experientially it is a thought, yet the content of the thought also represents the truth.