Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monkey_in_suit

How to unwind and relax before bedtime?

13 posts in this topic

So my monkey mind gives me insomnia very often and I have problem falling asleep.

How do you unwind and relax before bedtime?

If you wake up early, do exercise during the day and don't drink caffeine near bed time but still has sleep issues you can take a few drops of CBD before bed time. It works wonders if you can't sleep due to anxiety. 

But obviously you shouldn't overdo it.

Try all the classic relaxing methods, meditation, yoga, stretching, a cup of tea, journaling, etc. If those still don't get you the results you want, start maybe experimenting with natural remedies like CBD. 

Are you hydrated properly? I have trouble falling asleep if I am dehydrated, I also get monkey mind and insomnia (even if I have exercised that day and meditated etc) and the only thing that helps is water? it's very strange.. 

And lastly, don't regard monkey mind as too big of a problem. People who suffer from insomnia often hate their mind chatter so much that it's actually this very discomfort which prevents them from calming their mind - sometimes, seeking peace of mind is what disturbs the mind in the first place. 

I use Qigong, then I meditate 20 minutes. Then I lay on an accupressure pad. I think the pad amazing for relaxing. My sleep is the best it's ever been.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

maybe you are just not sleepy yet @Monkey_in_suit, instead of forcing yourself to sleep. Get up, go out, work, watcch movie, live your life till sleep knock on your door. 

maybe you wana force a sleep schedule on yourself that is contrary to what your body needs. like having a fixed sleeping time. 

just like everyone's appetite for food & indigestion time is different, sleep can be very different from person to person.

Might be too much information, but masturbating has worked well for me in regards to unwinding for bed ;).

I have a lot of energy, helps to get out from time.

Are you literally laying in the dark for hours without sleep?

or do you mean, you keep stimulating yourself with screen time and have a hard time, winding down to get into bed?

dont go on your phone.

i also think i remember someone saying that to pierce through to sleep (as opposed to approaching rest gradually and staying barely conscious) you should lie on a cold floor for 15 or 20 minutes then bouncing into your warm bed and trying to pierce through into sleep.

i also heard that imagining things helps with inducing sleep...try imagining an infinite row of sheep jumping over a fence dividing two green pastures lol

heres a site i found about military strategies to fall asleep with shooting happening in the background...

https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-sleep/fall-asleep-fast#120-secs-to-sleep

Edited by Aaron p