Leo Gura

A Challenge To Everything You Think You Know

325 posts in this topic

@ZeN Psychedelics are definitely a bit random. Sort of a pipe-bomb vs sniper rifle approach to spirituality.

Since psychedelics have been used for thousands of years by shamans all over the world, I'm not too worried about it. They are one tool in the toolbox, and they certainly aren't the sole solution. Meditation and contemplative practices are still required.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Could you imagine starting a business whose main function was to raise YOUR consciousness vs making you money? Now that would be radically counter-intuitive. But also a genius strategic move.

@Leo Gura  Thanks, I think this is the reason why I needed to read this thread.

I got my first customer who appreciates art (I am a comic artist) and he even paid me before I did nothing Lol...

Thanks for your advises! It's beginning to give good fruit. 

Matthew 7:16 "By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Good stuff! I've only just begun to read it but its right up my ally! Its precisely the reason I'm interested in out of body experiences. People who regularly have OBE claim to contact different forms in different dimensions.  I also heard one story from William Buhlman where he claimed to communicate with formless entities. There is a good documentary out on Amazon Prime right now that got me interested in this. It has a lot to do with OBE research that was done at the Monroe institute:

Just now, Maorice said:

There are methods of using logic in order to become enlightened

Like?

You guys deserve a trophy for how many times this thread has been derailed.

While you debate ideology and silly minutia, I'm growing by leaps and bounds.

Anywhooo....

The more I read The Law of One, the more I'm blown away by the depth of valid spiritual insight it possesses. This here is the motherlode:

Questioner: "Would a perfectly balanced entity feel any emotional response in being attacked by the other-self?"

Ra: "This is correct. The response is love."

Questioner: "In the illusion that we now experience it is difficult to maintain this response especially if the attack results in physical pain, but I assume that this response should be maintained even through physical pain or loss of life. Is this correct?"

Ra: "This is correct and further is of a major or principle importance in understanding, shall we say, the principle of balance. Balance is not indifference but rather the observer not blinded by any feelings of separation but rather fully imbued with love."

There you have the essence of masterful embodiment of enlightenment.

That is THE KEY!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  Why not start a thread were people come up with the most hurtful insults about each other and everyone just responds with "I Love You"? :x

The Law of One sucks, by the way, and you're stupid for reading it.

3 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

@Leo Gura  Why not start a thread were people come up with the most hurtful insults about each other and everyone just responds with "I Love You"? :x

The Law of One sucks, by the way, and you're stupid for reading it.

That's a stupid idea you massive fucking idiot lump of dick cheese. ;)

Edited by Radical Honesty

@Leo Gura I have a unique perspective on Love when it comes to immoral people. I'd like feedback on this so if anyone has thoughts then feel free to reply. Let's take a rapist as an example. Okay, so the basic idea is that if one loves unconditionally, then hating a rapist is inevitable. This is because you hate what this person has become, they could have been a good person, but no they raped someone(s). So hating them is a manifestation of Love. This also then leads to anger...next it leads to action. Right now I'm thinking either rehabilitation OR capital punishment. Send them back to the Source!

If you didn't care about the person who turned into a rapist, you couldn't possibly Hate that person. If you didn't care for that person, then you just wouldn't care. Therefore hate isn't possible unless you Love what they could be, what they are deep down, One with Everything. Hate is therefore a manifestation of Love.

Edited by Lha Bho
Because Dragons

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

25 minutes ago, NTOgen said:

I think that's true but it would be low-consciousness love.

Yeah but is it really? E.G. Does Power Actually Corrupt? Or do the PTB tell us that so the good people will just "turn the other cheek"? 

Edited by Lha Bho
Because Dragons

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

It would seem TPTB have pacified the masses through mainstream religions. On the one hand you have the West, Christianity mostly, where we don't do the work ourselves but instead rely on an Outside Savior AKA Christ. On the other hand you have the East, where the main theme is to sit on your ass and meditate your life away with the promise of liberation in future lifetimes if you're lucky. Where's the action? I'm simply suggesting a paradigm shift.

Edited by Lha Bho
Because Dragons

1 minute ago, NTOgen said:

How does this tie into your question about love and hate?

I'm trying not only to understand your question but also avoid straying too far from topic :P ...

Taking action of your love/hate.

@John Flores  

Psychopaths certainly don't experience the truth of no self. They are incredibly attached to status, ego and self-image.

Psychopaths merely lack the capacity for empathy—and tend not to care much for compassion.

1 hour ago, Lha Bho said:

@Leo Gura I have a unique perspective on Love when it comes to immoral people. I'd like feedback on this so if anyone has thoughts then feel free to reply. Let's take a rapist as an example. Okay, so the basic idea is that if one loves unconditionally, then hating a rapist is inevitable. This is because you hate what this person has become, they could have been a good person, but no they raped someone(s). So hating them is a manifestation of Love. This also then leads to anger...next it leads to action. Right now I'm thinking either rehabilitation OR capital punishment. Send them back to the Source!

If you didn't care about the person who turned into a rapist, you couldn't possibly Hate that person. If you didn't care for that person, then you just wouldn't care. Therefore hate isn't possible unless you Love what they could be, what they are deep down, One with Everything. Hate is therefore a manifestation of Love.

Why would you hate the rapist? There is no way he couldn't have raped the person given his past, genetics and neurology at the time. 

Hate doesn't make sense once you understand that free will is an illusion. All you can do is pity him.

Edited by Radical Honesty

4 minutes ago, Radical Honesty said:

Why would you hate the rapist? There is no way he couldn't have raped the person given his past, genetics and neurology at the time. 

Hate doesn't make sense once you understand that free will is an illusion. All you can do is pity him.

By this logic wouldn't I not be able to not hate the rapist given my past, genetics and neurology at the time?

10 minutes ago, NTOgen said:

@Lha Bho Imagine a big cloud taking all kinds of different shapes because of the wind.

Now imagine one part of the cloud looking like the masses and another part of the cloud looking like TPTB.

Does TPTB really have power over the masses? Are they to blame for the masses not taking action?

You could just as well argue that the masses allow TPTB to control them. Assuming they even exist in the way that you might think.

It goes both ways, you can't consider these things in isolation. In the bigger picture, all of life is more like one big self-organizing system, and no single part of it does anything independently of the whole. Power is a straight-up illusion, just like free will.

I see it more like TPTB are the clouds controlling the rain and sunlight that nourishes the crops of the masses.

We can have a good overlord who makes sure the crops get the necessary amount of rain and sunlight for abundance. Or we can have assholes, that for whatever reason, require payment or something else otherwise they induce drought and famine.

Edited by Lha Bho
Because Dragons