Leo Gura

A Challenge To Everything You Think You Know

325 posts in this topic

Crazy thought.  Deleted

Edited by kurt

Lols at this

Questioner: Can you tell us what happened to Adolf (Hitler)?

Ra: I am Ra. The mind/body/spirit complex known as Adolf is at this time in an healing process in the middle astral planes of your spherical force field. This entity was greatly confused and, although aware of the circumstance of change in vibratory level associated with the cessation of the chemical body complex, nevertheless, needed a great deal of care.

13 minutes ago, Kserkkj said:

Lols at this

Questioner: Can you tell us what happened to Adolf (Hitler)?

Ra: I am Ra. The mind/body/spirit complex known as Adolf is at this time in an healing process in the middle astral planes of your spherical force field. This entity was greatly confused and, although aware of the circumstance of change in vibratory level associated with the cessation of the chemical body complex, nevertheless, needed a great deal of care.

"This entity was greatly confused"

No shit?

Thanks Leo. Just what I needed. Just as I thought my open-mindedness was already high enough you show me this, which is normally some stuff I would classify as utterly insane crap (people claiming to have contact with ET-beings.)... After reading some of it and thinking deeply about it + some of my past consciousness-altering experiences (meditation + LSD-trips) + questioning my actual open-mindedness ... i'm starting to get confused again... which I might have been missing a bit. 

Just as you think you've got reality all figured out ... well trust me, there's always more deeper layers to unravel ;):) 

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

There are indeed "spiritual energies" but the way these things are personified lie inside peoples minds, which is "reality" but only reality for them, and those things get recorded.  When they are taken at face value then that is when your own mind goes to pot because you just bought into somebody elses belief system.  Its like me trying to tell everyone that "Middle Earth" really exists.  To use one of Leos lines: "Its just silly"

Edited by kurt

5 hours ago, kurt said:

All Im saying is there is a downside to what youre doing, and Im surprised (and equally not surprised) to hear that youre not interested in listening to that.  For me that is worrisome.  However, youre free to do as you please are you not?   

"Leo doesn't listen" would be your projection.

Remember how I warned ya about that.

Maybe Leo does listen? Maybe Leo is aware of all these traps you think he's unware of? Maybe Leo isn't the fool you think he is?

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, dice said:

Also consider that possibility: They just think they can heal people.

You haven't researched this topic deeply enough, so you can still handwave it away as "merely placebo" in your mind.

With more research, you will no longer be able to do that.

Again, I'm not a fool. You think I haven't taken into account placebo in my research?

The bigger question is, have you taken into account circularity in your thinking?

The problem is that you guys who think you know about nonduality by learning it from Jed McKenna or the like, is that you generally don't do research. Because, hey, your premise is it gets in the way of enlightenment. And then when you hear something "different", you easily handwave it away because, hey, it's not related to enlightenment. (Notice the circularity?) But of course that's only because you haven't done enough research to have of a bigger picture to see that there are many other facts left unexplained. In your mind everything seems explained, but that's only of course because you haven't exposed yourself to the broader set of experiences available.

If you did a powerful psychedelic, or seen a person channeling, or spoken with a real healer, or spoken to a shaman, or seen an actual spirit, or encountered a non-human entity, or had an enlightened master read your mind, or had an enlightened master transform your body-energy, or seen an aura, or traveled out of body, or had a near death experience, or did a past-life regression under hypnosis, or re-lived memories of being in your mother's womb, or researched schizophrenia, or researched multiple-personality disorder, or researched many other edge-cases in brain science like split-brain patients and phantom limb phenomena... you'd be MUCH more openminded, and better off for it.

But all that stuff is "just a distraction from enlightenment" so I guess you don't care to waste your precious time investigating it. Although I find it odd that you don't mind wasting your precious time arguing about how nothing but enlightenment matters.

The problem with modern "skepticism" and "rationalism" is that it isn't real skepticism, but a veil for ignorance. It's become a weapon to shoot down all edge-case phenomena -- the very thing I've been warning you about and trying to inoculate you from by teaching radical openmindedness and concepts from epistemology.

But people still think I'm kidding.

Don't think that just because you understand enlightenment, or have had an enlightenment experience or two, that all the sudden your web of beliefs doesn't have you by the balls. It still does.

Thanks Leo for sharing this book !

I've talked once to someone enlightened, it was a phone call, it was the first proof I had that everything we consider true can be challenged.

It was like he was reading in my mind, answering my questions before I ask them, using "my" words and the way I use them to describe abstract ideas (example : using the word "crystallized" to describe a strong entropy).

Some people may think "it's a coincidence" or "it's your imagination" but from my direct experience, I can't explain how he was describing the way I was sitting in the room, in fact I was sitting down on the floor, with my left hand on my left leg. I asked "is reality a dream ?" he answered something like this "does sitting on the floor, touching your left leg with your left hand seems like a dream ?" (I had to take few minutes to find my breath back, I was shaking as fuck, he told me that's because he was working on my chakras from distance).

He often were referencing to me as "it", like the ego, it's no "me" but "it" see ?

I asked "are you sort of a shaman ?" he answered "doctor, roofer, shaman, these are just stories"

He also told me that the whales songs are maintaining the balance on earth (otherwise it would explode, or something) and that humans have to connect more with creatures, nature and different species... (by the way, to meditate on "monkey" and "elephant" and invokes these ideas in my mind while meditating).

Since I had this phone call, because he advised me to have some "pink quartz" (I thought, what the hell is that) I use various crystals and combine with dreams, to find insights and experiment. I'm thinking about creating a journal here, to share my experiences.

Edited by Soulbass

Leo, this may not be a particularly significant point but I ask out of curiosity: what is your opinion on the validity of channeled material?

Were you open to these kind of ideas a few years ago? Not so much the ideas within the text itself but just the idea that an entity or energy, either physical or non physical could channel information to humanity.

I remember a year or two ago watching your material and it may have been my projection but you struck me as thinking anything like that was grade A horseshit. I myself had the opposite problem of having my mind a little TOO open and probably buying into too much woo woo bullshit. That being said I embrace channeled material.

Just makes my balls tingle with excitement to have you basically say "aliens, dawg"

Anyway I appreciate your willingness to engage with and share this kind of material

27 minutes ago, Arman said:

Leo, this may not be a particularly significant point but I ask out of curiosity: what is your opinion on the validity of channeled material?

Were you open to these kind of ideas a few years ago?

I do not know the validity of channeled material.

But I will tell you this, the bits of it that I've read/heard are very psychologically advanced. Regardless of its scientific truth-value, the psychological lessons it teaches -- just as self-help advice -- is of remarkable quality and utility, showing advanced insight not generally available to the rational mind. Unless one assumes all of it is a genius hoax perpetrated by spiritually-advanced people. But if you understand spirituality, you understand that spiritually-advanced people, generally-speaking, don't have much reason to lie or trick you. They are actually much more likely to have genuine desire to help you, while YOU are the one who resists and tricks yourself out of their help.

I always prefer to assume that my own mind tricks me, more than anyone out in the external world tricks me.

No, I was not open to these kinds of ideas a few years ago. Because my research wasn't broad enough back then and my mind hadn't yet been blown totally open from experiencing that reality is truly infinite.

It might be the case that channeled material is constructed by usually-untapped portions of the right-hemisphere brain. Your brain might be filled with more than one consciousness. Some of these consciousnesses may be "locked away", until they are tapped.

Then again, we have to keep in mind that "brains" don't actually exist. Everything you call reality is constructed by your "brain".

Reality is much more twisted and ingenious that most people could ever imagine. And that's why they get stuck. They underestimate reality whilst overestimating their understanding of it. Basically, it's hubris 101.

10 hours ago, NTOgen said:
10 hours ago, NTOgen said:

I think Kurt's point is not that there's no value to those things, but that the pursuit of those things are counterproductive if you want enlightenment at all.

Enlightenment has to be a single-minded pursuit (to use these kinds of terms), if you want it then everything you do has to turn on that center alone.

Because it just so happens that the mind pursuing things other than its own source, is always turned away from its own source (i.e. extroverted), which is exactly what makes it an obstacle.

No value to what things? Everything can have a value if you give it a value.

Single-minded pursuit? What the heck does that even mean? 

Which center?

hey...

Does a mind choose which thing to pursue/fixate its attention on ???

What if... everything ... litterally everything ... one experiences ... in it self ... is the so-called 'source' you're talking about?

To me... Enlightenment includes the realization that whichever perspective one might have is limited.

The paradox is... To have that realization is a perspective itself.

To harness as much as what reality has to offer, one must absolutely consider that every possible perspective one can have, may contain some part of Truth. And exactly because 1 perspective can only contain 1 part of the Truth -- Truth is Infinite -- every perspective is limited.

Becoming enlightened is the stopping of attachment to ideas/perspectives/concepts & instead becoming completely open, pure, empty, loving in heart. 

You must be open to every perspective. And open doesn't mean believing in it. Open just means "this sounds interesting, at least a bit, hmm let me think about it... I feel resistance to it because it conflicts why my current worldview (which I subconsciously see as part of "me"/my identity), hmm okay, at least I'm aware of this fact ... Okay, it sounds somewhat absurd to me,, but hey, what the fuck do I know... I won't start a debate whether it's true or not ... it might be true, it might be bullshit ... depends on perspective... I'm gonna be open and might do more research into the matter if I feel like it... If I don't feel like it, that's also okay..."

As I write this, I become aware of the fact that it's absurd to label ANY experience/perspective/belief/idea as "not-interesting/nonsense/bullshit". 

It's absurd ... simply ... because ... you saw/heard/experienced said experience/perspective/belief/idea ... and why did you do that? Because it was created for you... By infinity... aka God ... Don't be too quick to judge. Who are you to judge God's doings?  But then again if you judge it anyway, then the fact that you judged it, is also God's doing ;):) 

See everything of reality as love. See it as mystical. See it as something beyond your doings.

Become fully present and open. Surrender to reality. As Azreal once said, you can even see the beauty of a baby crying in a crowded bus when you sit there and listen to it. Everything depends on perspective. And there are infinite perspectives. No perspective is more true than any other. Every perspective a person has is part of the Truth. 

Some of my friends are not interested in non-duality at all.

I am.

Thus, sometimes I have viewd my self as superior to some of my friends.

Now I see... Theirs perspective on life is by no means any lesser or any falser than mine. From my non-dual perspective I might be tempted to label my perspective as more True than a random dude's perspective. It's not truer. It's maybe more wide you could say, and thus more open.

If you drop attachment to all perspectives´, to all false identity projection,..., fully surrender ... then you can become one with infinite Truth, not just part.

But consider this:

Life is like a theater play. Everyone are actors of God playing the game of life -- on an seemingly large, yet apparant finite scene, yet truly infinite 'scene' -- so engulfed in the playing that most actors forget that they are actors of God, but instead in the heat of the moment fully believe that they are the fictional character they each are playing. 

Most actors complete the enitre theater play having the entire time forgot that they were just actors of God. But someone might suddenly remember...

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

7 hours ago, NTOgen said:

Does "hopper" mean it's the one you're shooting/uploading for your new video this weekend? Or that it's in the works among the next few?

"Hopper" means it's uploaded and scheduled for release.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It might be the case that channeled material is constructed by usually-untapped portions of the right-hemisphere brain. Your brain might be filled with more than one consciousness. Some of these consciousnesses may be "locked away", until they are tapped.

Then again, we have to keep in mind that "brains" don't actually exist.

Partly I was just pushing to be like "cmon motherfucker just say you believe in aliens"

- But actually with that last line you put a spanner in the works and raise a good point. John C Lily used to have two great terms: In-sanity and out-sanity. He said outsanity is the idea's and viewpoints which one publicly expresses as their stance, and insanity is ones actual suspicions as to how the world operates, which they dare not share.  

There's a kind of hilarity in how averted to certain ideas we can be, and then we drop them for more expansive and strange ones. Then you discover that actually the truth is even stranger, and stranger. As strange as our deepest suspicions about these things are, I am willing to bet that once again we are completely missing the mark, and the truth of it is even more absurd. 

Edited by Arman

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I do not know the validity of channeled material.

But I will tell you this, the bits of it that I've read/heard are very psychologically advanced. Regardless of its scientific truth-value, the psychological lessons it teaches -- just as self-help advice -- is of remarkable quality and utility, showing advanced insight not generally available to the rational mind. Unless one assumes all of it is a genius hoax perpetrated by spiritually-advanced people. But if you understand spirituality, you understand that spiritually-advanced people, generally-speaking, don't have much reason to lie or trick you. They are actually much more likely to have genuine desire to help you, while YOU are the one who resists and tricks yourself out of their help.

I always prefer to assume that my own mind tricks me, more than anyone out in the external world tricks me.

No, I was not open to these kinds of ideas a few years ago. Because my research wasn't broad enough back then and my mind hadn't yet been blown totally open from experiencing that reality is truly infinite.

Then again, we have to keep in mind that "brains" don't actually exist. Everything you call reality is constructed by your "brain".

Reality is much more twisted and ingenious that most people could ever imagine. And that's why they get stuck. They underestimate reality whilst overestimating their understanding of it. Basically, it's hubris 101.

The problem I have, is the stuff I have already learned that has proven many things you say as false information.  Im not going to regress back to being open minded about things I know have already been proven as untrue.  Everyone is free to be open minded, but when its proved wrong you need to adjust to the new information, because holding onto a perspective in light of evidence that blows it away is a problem.  Then there is always the danger of turning into Koi fresco, not that Im interested much in his views, but its clear a lot of what he says is just fantasy because hes not interested in reality, hes interested in being open minded, which is fine, but the guy is clearly lost in his own stories.  No offence koi if youre reading, just sharing my opinion its nothing personal, but anybody can misinterpret a teaching then that becomes the new teaching.  What was the point of the original knowledge if were just going to make it into something we want?  Its very vein 

Edited by kurt

9 minutes ago, Arman said:

Partly I was just pushing to be like "cmon motherfucker just say you believe in aliens"

"Aliens" do sound silly when you think of them as creatures from Men In Black lurking around the corner.

They sound less silly when you think of them as untapped aspects of consciousness/mind/brain. Understanding as well that EVERYTHING is an aspect of consciousness/mind/brain.

It really helps to stop thinking of reality as being a rigid physical thing composed of atoms or "strings". It's clearly not. I think of it more as an infinite possibility cloud or gigantic neverending ball of yarn.

@kurt I'm happy to be proven wrong. Because I'm not loyal to any position.

I was proven wrong about psychedelics for example. So I changed my views 180 degrees and become a psychedelic advocate.

It's never been my goal to create a bulletproof ideological castle. That's not what Actualized.org is about. It's about helping you grow and explore consciousness for yourself by sharing ideas and resources that you probably wouldn't have otherwise discovered on your own given the state of mainstream culture and business.

As a researcher, it doesn't bother me if I do research that sometimes leads to a dead end. Cause I understand that's the cost of doing research.

Then again, sometimes the research hits the motherlode, like with 5-meo, and some other technologies which I will be sharing in the future. I've been surprised at the "magic bullets" I've been able to find. In the end, by doing all this research, I will be able to help many more people raise their consciousness than conventionally possible.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@kurt I'm happy to be proven wrong. Because I'm not loyal to any position.

I was proven wrong about psychedelics for example. So I changed my views 180 degrees and become a psychedelic advocate.

It's never been my goal to create a bulletproof ideological castle. That's not what Actualized.org is about. It's about helping you grow and explore consciousness for yourself by sharing ideas and resources that you probably wouldn't have otherwise discovered on your own given the state of mainstream culture and business.

As a researcher, it doesn't bother me if I do research that sometimes leads to a dead end. Cause I understand that's the cost of doing research.

Then again, sometimes the research hits the motherlode, like with 5-meo, and some other technologies which I will be sharing in the future. I've been surprised at the "magic bullets" I've been able to find. In the end, by doing all this research, I will be able to help many more people raise their consciousness than conventionally possible.

Are any of these "magic bullets" legal ?

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I will be able to help many more people raise their consciousness than conventionally possible.

Kudos on your recent reply to me, I dont see anything wrong with what you are doing.  

This might sound like nitpicking, I promise it is not, in fact, it might prove valuable to you, or it may not,depending on what you want or are looking for.  Maybe somebody else will.

Are you wre that you have misunderstood "consciousness" from the very get go?  Your language patterns reveal a lot.  Consciousness cannot be "raised".  Mind knowledge can be expanded, but thoughts and perspectives are not "consciousness", they are as dead as matter itself.  Thoughts are "empty" of self nature, meaning that Self does not reside in thought.

There is only one "consciousness" and its the same sentiency in everybody.  Its ever present, its the knower of alll that is.  It cannot be changed, cannot be destroyed, lowered, or "raised".

So why do you confuse inert subtle matter with consciousness?  Because thats the first thing we learn at "enlightenment school" - that there is only consciousness, and it is one.

My point is, all youre doing is actually raising "fantasy" and mistaking that for knowledge.  There is only one knowledge, and its the absolute, and you are that.  Tat Tvam Asi !

So all of this has nothing really to do with consciousness, it has to do with thought, and thoughts are fantasy and they are either based on truth, or they are based on relative beliefs.  

like I said before in another post, you cant be enlightened and deluded at the same time, the two dont mix.  Either your mind is aligned with truth as much as possible, or it is aligned with relative fantasies and models.  

Which is why Ken Wilbers work, I believe, has been a spectacular flop, despite all his efforts to turn a blind eye to what his critics are trying to tell him.

@username Are any of these "magic bullets" legal ?

The following is a quote from Harper magazine quoting Nixon's domestic-policy adviser, John Ehrlichman:

“The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

The following is a quote from Rolling Stone:

Nixon himself wove anti-Semitism into the mix. "Every one of the bastards that are out for legalizing marijuana is Jewish," Nixon groused to his chief of staff, Bob Haldeman, in a conversation recorded in the Oval Office in May 1971. "What the Christ is the matter with the Jews, Bob?" Nixon asked. "By God, we are going to hit the marijuana thing, and I want to hit it right square in the puss."

So be careful with how you allow government to dictate your consciousness.

BTW, recreational marijuana is now officially legal in Vegas! Yay! (not that I smoke it).