Consilience

Meditating 2 Hours Every Day - 1 Year Later (& Psychedelics vs. Meditation)

146 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is the trap I am most concerned about avoiding. I don't want people investing 40 years into a practice and still not understand what God/Reality is.

I think considering how deeply you’ve gone with psychedelics and contemplating the nature of reality, this is a complete non-issue. For you and the majority of this community. That’s the thing. At this point, undervaluing mediation or something like vipassana becomes a MUCH deeper trap. 

As you said, the hybrid approach is king. 

4 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

Y'all are forgetting the possibility of sudden enlightenment, a satori.

You're all acting as if there's some algorithm to awakening, which I find rubs me in all the wrong ways, lol.

“Self-realization is effortless. What you are trying to find is what you already are.”- Ramesh Balsekar

Yes this is important ?? Although Id be lying if I said there havent been both sudden satori breakthroughs as well as the gradual “development” of enlightenment over time. The mindfuck is that it’s both simultaneously and neither at all ?

1 minute ago, impulse9 said:

@Carl-Richard Yeah I suppose that's the paradox of awakening. Effortless effort, and all that.

Like Mooji would say: "Show me the one who makes the effort" :D

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Like Mooji would say: "Show me the one who makes the effort" :D

@Carl-Richard Mooji has some good pointers but he casually insulted someone who was desperate for enlightenment and told him he wouldn't tolerate such a behaviour.

Wtf, what's wrong with him...

25 minutes ago, Consilience said:

I was shocked how much more powerful 2 hours was compared to 1. Even 2 is probably not enough. The thing is though, after a certain threshold of meditative skill, the whole thing has an exponential growth curve with how it develops.

Annual retreat minimum, 2+ hours of formal practice are most likely required to get what Im talking about in this post. 

Keep in mind, you probably have exceptional talent/giftedness in this area underneath all your efforts and work. This is not the case for most people.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Keep in mind, you probably have exceptional talent/giftedness in this area underneath all your efforts and work. This is not the case for most people.

@Leo Gura most people are not open minded and most open minded people are not into mysticism. So I'd say 50% of your followers are probably gifted in that sense.

2 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Leo Gura most people are not open minded and most open minded people are not into mysticism. So I'd say 50% of your followers are probably gifted in that sense.

But if a person is willing to put in the hours of work daily then the chance is more than 50%

9 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

It's not a matter of openmindedness. I am extremely openminded, but years of meditation had gotten me little closer to understanding God or Love. If only it was as easy as openmindedness. One's baseline state of consciousness and genetics have a lot to do with it.

There is no way my understanding of reality could be what it is today if all I did was meditation or Vipassana. No way in hell. Like not even 5% of the way. Maybe not even 1%. That's my experience after years of meditation. Your results may vary.

I think a hybrid approach of hardcore psychedelics and hardcore meditation will yield the best results. Of course that's double the work. Psychedelics will get you the highest understanding, but they will leave you unsatisfied with your embodiment of it.

40 minutes ago, Consilience said:

) Im talking about transcending the entire fucking game altogether. That’s the path.

I feel identified, a year ago meditating 10 minutes was an effort. Today, meditation is the best thing in my life. It has been thanks to 5meo, without that I would never have managed to break the first barriers, now it flows.  far from the depth you're talking about but I see clearly where it leads: completely disassemble the entire fucking game, in a definitive way

@Leo Gura An excerpt for you from one of Ram Dass's talks :).

In 1967 when I first came to India, I brought with me a supply of LSD, hoping to find someone who might understand more about these substances than we did in the West.

When I had met Maharajji (Neem Karoli Baba), after some days the thought had crossed my mind that he would be a perfect person to ask. The next day after having that thought, I was called to him and he asked me immediately, “Do you have a question?”

Of course, being before him was such a powerful experience that I had completely forgotten the question I had had in my mind the night before. So I looked stupid and said, “No, Maharajji, I have no question.”He appeared irritated and said, “Where is the medicine?”

I was confused but Bhagavan Das suggested, ” Maybe he means the LSD.” I asked and Maharajji nodded. The bottle of LSD was in the car and I was sent to fetch it. When I returned I emptied the vial of pills into my hand. In addition to the LSD there were a number of other pills for this and that–diarrhea, fever, a sleeping pill, and so forth. He asked about each of these.

He asked if they gave powers. I didn’t understand at the time and thought that by “powers” perhaps he meant physical strength. I said, “No.” Later, of course, I came to understand that the word he had used, “siddhis,” means psychic powers. Then he held out his hand for the LSD. I put one pill on his palm. Each of these pills was about three hundred micrograms of very pure LSD–a solid dose for an adult. He beckoned for more, so I put a second pill in his hand–six hundred micrograms. Again he beckoned and I added yet another, making the total dosage nine hundred micrograms–certainly not a dose for beginners. Then he threw all the pills into his mouth. My reaction was one of shock mixed with the fascination of a social scientist eager to see what would happen.

He allowed me to stay for an hour– and nothing happened. Nothing whatsoever.

He just laughed at me.

Full story here https://www.ramdass.org/ram-dass-gives-maharaji-the-yogi-medicine/

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not a matter of openmindedness. I am extremely openminded, but years of meditation had gotten me little closer to understanding God or Love. If only it was as easy as openmindedness. One's baseline state of consciousness and genetics have a lot to do with it.

There is no way my understanding of reality could be what it is today if all I did was meditation or Vipassana. No way in hell. Like not even 5% of the way. Maybe not even 1%. That's my experience after years of meditation. Your results may vary.

I think a hybrid approach of hardcore psychedelics and hardcore meditation will yield the best results. Of course that's double the work. Psychedelics will get you the highest understanding, but they will leave you unsatisfied with your embodiment of it.

❤️

Daddy cares. Still random serb at the end. 

6 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

@Leo Gura An excerpt for you from one of Ram Dass's talks :).

I've heard that silly story many times before and it has never impressed me.

Some people are simply tolerant or immune to psychedelics. It doesn't mean shit.

If a psychedelic has no effect on you, the test demonstrates nothing. It does not demonstrate how woke you are.

I know some people who smoke DMT and it decreases their consciousness. So what?

@impulse9 ram Dass was a criminal, giving 900 ug to a guy who has never tried psychedelics ... since he was a criminal, surely he is also a liar and is making up everything

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo GuraGura That's exactly how I would've put it.

I unfortunately have too much work on the embodiment side to do before i'm ready for higher understandings.

I cannot be the only one who's overwhelmed with embodiement, especially because I never took real psychedelics.

The fast-enlightenment path needs to accelerate the embodiment of it, and that's probably best done sober. What's your take on that?

Embodiment is the bitch, and I consider it distinct from realization/understanding.

Fair enough. I believe that story. I've experienced weirder occurrences around enlightened people.

@Breakingthewall If you think that's impossible, wait until you hear about people who can talk to animals and plants, or travel 100s of miles in a second, or conjure magical objects on the spot. ;)

3 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

Fair enough. I believe that story. I've experienced weirder occurrences around enlightened people.

@Breakingthewall If you think that's impossible, wait until you hear about people who can talk to animals and plants, or travel 100s of miles in a second, or conjure magical objects on the spot. ;)

It's just very silly to compare a full-time Hindu yogi to people here doing spiritual work. That Hindu yogi was like a one in a billion spiritually gifted person.

That's like giving a shot of testosterone to a dude with a natural testosterone level of 2000. So what? This is not you.

Those kind of stories are fun, but they do nothing to help people actually realize God. In fact, they are very misleading.

Yes, if you take Jesus Christ and you give him some LSD, maybe he doesn't need it. So what?

For the average person who doesn't want to throw away their materialist life for extended periods of time, popping 1/2 a tab of LSD or some mushrooms every couple of months is going to get you a hell of a lot further than simply trying to meditate for 30 minutes a day after work. Most people don't even think they have the time to do that! I then meditate to build on top of the trips. This is my technique and it has allowed me to keep things in balance although it's no where near the most efficient way to get to higher states of consciousness. I totally empathize with people when they tell me they would like to meditate more, but feel too anxious and can't sit still. If I didn't blast through all those beginner phases of meditation with psychedelics I would still be struggling with it. 

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Embodiment is the bitch, and I consider it distinct from realization/understanding.

It's ok. 

Be a best teacher at the very end we all want to die and rest in peace after this life. 

Yes a random serb. 

It's never to late. 

I understand.