Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
impulse9

I just realized why psychedelics are illegal

10 posts in this topic

Psychedelics are illegal because any time a rich sociopathic asshole in position of power does them, they have the worst time of their lives so naturally they want them banned and never spoken of or even considered for public. :D

And the people whom the psychedelics lovingly invite into their realms are never rich, never sociopathic assholes, or in position of power, therefore they can't really influence their legality and so the circle perpetuates.

Did I get it right? ;)

@impulse9 False

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Maybe God just wants to make the process of remembering who it is more difficult.

Was Mike Tyson not asshole and rich enough for you?

Most rich and powerful people are actually good and decent people. Be careful demonizing the rich and powerful.

Psychedelics are illegal because they would destroy current society if they were widely and fully applied.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The only reason psychedelics are illegal is because the existing power structures are scared shitless of them.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

The business interests are just interested in controlling access and creating restrictions so that they can control the supply and increase their profits.   I have been told that in the latest psilocybin decriminalization ballot effort for California the backers have made sure that there are no restrictions to access.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Leo Gura Well ... I'm not demonizing them, I'm just saying there's certain trends in our society. Positions of societal power tend to attract precisely those whose massive egos would create very bad trips. And psychedelics clearly transformed Mike Tyson haven't they. :P

@JuliusCaesar Precisely, they are paradigm breaking. I think it's more than that though, I think our society at large is scared of them, but for the wrong reasons. I don't even think most people realize their potential, to most people it's just another drug.

“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”

~Terence Mckenna