Thought Art

Spiritual Benefits of Not Smoking Weed

34 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

Same.

and not to mention it prevents you from legally using the forum because no high posting is one of the TOS

Ahah There ya go

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Loba totally nailed it. I find all this to be the case with high THC sativas. For me they put me in contemplation mode where I can deeply absorb information and contemplate everything. other kinds of weed DO NOT WORK for this, nothing wrong with indicas or low THC/high CBD cannabis if you just want a bit of chilling out or want to socialize or fall asleep quickly or whatever else it does for you. But the psychedelic power that high THC sativa strains put me in simply not present in other types of weed (or even low-quality sativas). I pulled myself out of years long suicidal depression by using it in this way.

The downside is that its difficult to take action on things in your life if you're high all the time, and if youre high all the time then you also build tolerance which majorly dulls the effects youre desiring in the first place. This is where you can get spiritually blocked up and your growth can be halted. And if you find yourself in this place there's no other option but to quit or take a very long break.

@eggopm3 I totally get this, too, and that is why in November I am taking a break to do a spiritual practice for a few months and see how that feels.  It does mess with my executive functioning.  It's like, I might need a few months of smoking, and then I take like 6 months off to integrate but if I smoke 24/7 it is hard to get much done.

I've been using it for my shamanic journeying, but I want to see if I can practice and get to the same level of state that I do on weed.
My tolerance right now is pretty high, I smoke like sativa, and then add kief and wax on it and they're like usually in the 75 percent range.

I've been synthesizing knowledge like crazy for months, but now it's coming soon time to put it into action.
Weed told me part of my karma is getting off of it and learning to be of service to my family and to treat my body well in order to remove this karma.

The weed will tell you when it is time to move on for a while for those who listen.

Edited by Loba

On 10/1/2021 at 2:39 PM, Thought Art said:

In Toaist Ying Yang theory we say it is extreme yin, so it is easily going to put you out of balance.

When you say 'it' you mean weed right? And is yin femininity? If so, that would make sense since it's a very earthly thing. Why would it put you out of balance? I mean, if it were not abused? :) 

Is it still spiritual when TV says mari-caca will cause males to grow female attributes + become sterile?

Backed by police & science on a national network at premium hours, etc...

Go figure, i always prefered just to keep away from brain washing.

13 hours ago, Gianna said:

When you say 'it' you mean weed right? And is yin femininity? If so, that would make sense since it's a very earthly thing. Why would it put you out of balance? I mean, if it were not abused? :) 

No, Ying yang theory is not as simple as yang masculine yin feminine though that is correct. For example Day is yang, night is yin, Up is yang down is ying, hot is yang, cold is yin etc... For example extreme yin makes your thoughts foggy, dull, slow, makes it hard to focus and recall memory etc. I am still learning about yin yang theory and figuring out its applications and possible dogmas etc. The Yin Yang is always contextual I think.

There is nothing wrong with being extreme yin from time to time. But, being extreme yin when you need to be balance yin and yang it can create problems.

Plus smoking it is hard on the lungs, which makes it really hard to regulate your thoughts, emotions, to think, plan, feel safe etc

Yes, really it's all about balancing yin and yang in all areas of life. 

NOTE: After quitting weed I went through a really really a painful psychological withdraw, Weed can be addictive don't believe the dogma that it isn't

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Loba Do you find consuming that much has has any side effects for you? I found that unpleasant side effects would build up over time the more i used it. and even now that I no longer use it as often as i used to, it still feels like every time i smoke it reignites some of those side effects. Lately for instance I found an amazing strain that was initially giving me incredible personal insights, and awesome closed eye visual effects, some of the best I'd ever come across, but then it exacerbated my tinnitus and made the pressure in my ears feel all fucked up which ruined it for me. 

Edited by eggopm3

If you are gonna do a substance... Do them sparingly, with intention and... Only do the Good Shit.

◭"89"

@Thought Art Okay, thanks so much for elaborating! Yin yang theory is very intriguing. I think studying it would go a super long way. 

@eggopm3 Some paranoia sometimes, and anxiety but it's gotten better with just awareness.
Weed has always been pretty good to me.  I can stop it or start again without too much trouble, sorry to hear that it gives you side effects. 

Also some of you said you can't function normally on it, but I'm a living counterexample. In college I smoked like crazy, there wasn't a second where I wasn't high, and yet I got straight 10s and I was in the top 1% not just of my class but entire university. The trick I did was I smoked like crazy when I studied, and it had the effect of making the study material infinitely interesting. I got so much enjoyment out of studying I feel like I've broken the system. I also took the tests high. The funny thing about being a functional weedhead is that on the odd day where you show up sober, people will start wondering if everything is ok with you. Because everyone is used to you being high, whether they realize it or not.

I say just ditch the dank (if it’s a problem for you) and replace it with microdosing. It’s infinitely better in every single way at least for me

22 hours ago, Gianna said:

@Thought Art Okay, thanks so much for elaborating! Yin yang theory is very intriguing. I think studying it would go a super long way. 

I recommend

Cosmic Nutrition 

◭"89"