Thought Art

Spiritual Benefits of Not Smoking Weed

34 posts in this topic

The more I am doing Qigong, and developing my awakening practices the more I am enjoying having quit smoking weed. 

Weed can be a spiritual tool and it has many uses. However, I am making a post about the benefits of not smoking

Here are 10 I have noticed.

1. Cleaner sleep

2. Clearer thoughts

3. Actually having to feel how you feel and face yourself

4. For those who smoke... Healthy lungs are so important for having a good mental health and healthy Qi flow.

5. Higher self esteem

6. More productivity

7. Deeper meditation and Qigong practice

8. Savings as you are not buying the stuff

9. Greater connection to emotions and increased confidence

10. It opens a door for a new spirituality chapter. 

You don't know how healthy you can get! aha

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Matthew85 My roommate used to smoke a lot too but now we are doing Qigong every night instead. It's really amazing. He is going through a major healing process as well.

◭"89"

@Thought Art That is awesome! This is why I always say the greatest thing anyone can do is work on themselves and let it ripple out across the world.

@Matthew85 It's all we are doing...

I have been teaching my father and many friends Qigong as well.

People are excited to feel relaxed for the first time in a long time.

It's a major part of my life purpose now.

I'll be a certified teacher in a month or two.

Just a Reflektor 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

marijuana induced psychosis.PNG

its been kind of well documented now that repetitive weed usage fucks up your mind

i dont know if this particular study is 100% accurate here ^ but similar things are said quite commonly about marijuana in lots and lots of different studies. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2811144/#:~:text=Several case studies and longitudinal,and mania associated with cannabis.&text=The most prominent symptoms elicited,%2C anxiety%2C grandiosity%2C irritability.

2 hours ago, Aaron p said:

marijuana induced psychosis.PNG

its been kind of well documented now that repetitive weed usage fucks up your mind

i dont know if this particular study is 100% accurate here ^ but similar things are said quite commonly about marijuana in lots and lots of different studies. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2811144/#:~:text=Several case studies and longitudinal,and mania associated with cannabis.&text=The most prominent symptoms elicited,%2C anxiety%2C grandiosity%2C irritability.

Totally agree. A lot of people in society are in denial of this. A lot of propaganda has spread..

◭"89"

More total addictionnist abstentionism, again?  This only justified atrocities in politician mouths, thanks NOT.

22 minutes ago, Egzoset said:

More total addictionnist abstentionism, again?  This only justified atrocities in politician mouths, thanks NOT.

Wut

I am pro healthy relationship with substances. -_-

◭"89"

The main issue with weed is it’s insanely high thc levels and low other cannabinoid content. Hemp is a perfect alternative 

22 minutes ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

The main issue with weed is it’s insanely high thc levels and low other cannabinoid content. Hemp is a perfect alternative 

I think so, I prefer lower thc content for sure

and using it rarely if ever

◭"89"

@Thought Art That’s awesome! I was a hardcore stoner for some time, as I got deeper into spirituality, I found no need to blaze 6-7 days out of the week.

I thought pot and spirituality went hand in hand, and it does in a sense where it opens your mind…but it can turn into an addiction, and ultimately a blocker to personal and spiritual development.

6 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

@Thought Art That’s awesome! I was a hardcore stoner for some time, as I got deeper into spirituality, I found no need to blaze 6-7 days out of the week.

I thought pot and spirituality went hand in hand, and it does in a sense where it opens your mind…but it can turn into an addiction, and ultimately a blocker to personal and spiritual development.

I agree. You can use it spiritually for SURE. 

And rarely I love the feeling and insights it provides.

But, chronically it hinders you whole life especially if you are self actualizing. 

◭"89"

Weed is a fantastic tool for enlightenment, especially high thc sativa.  I love to smoke weed and then sit down and really listen to lectures and podcasts and I pretty much just spend my whole day learning about spirituality and God and stuff.  Weed with caffeine is nice, I feel egoless and so the information just flows right into me.

I can't do that sober.  I'd rather learn then forget learning and weed helps with this.

And then, I can unlock my brain and I find all sorts of interesting things in there, you know?

It's great for creativity, learning to love, sex feels better, calm state of mind, better at paying attention, ect.

If I could smoke weed all day every day, I would spend my time synthesizing what I want to learn.  I'd be so smart after two or three decades. 

If you do nothing and don't use it for development, that's a problem but tbh, I have add and I love to learn but I can't focus without it.  When I can really learn the lectures I listen to, magic happens.  If I can't smoke, I will learn a lot less.  And I want to know as much as I can about God and about my soul, so I have to keep going.

Weed is awesome when in the right hands.  Weed cures my depression, makes PTSD and ADD easier to deal with and gets me closer to God.  Weed is medicine.

Edited by Loba

@hoodrow trillson I agree. Smoking it rarely I find creates so much insight and joy.

In Toaist Ying Yang theory we say it is extreme yin, so it is easily going to put you out of balance.

◭"89"

Also, I don't think edibles would fall into the same category.  It's like a psychoactive thing like shrooms, LSD, etc.

marijuana has two virtues: the first, that it initiates you into spirituality, opens your mind. the second, that hooks you, blocks your life, and makes you draw strength and take control of your life, and you abandon her forever

5 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I think so, I prefer lower thc content for sure

and using it rarely if ever

Same.

and not to mention it prevents you from legally using the forum because no high posting is one of the TOS