Preety_India

How to block negativity on the internet?

12 posts in this topic

For example, I come across a negative comment online and sometimes there is no option to block it. 

And once you've read it, it kinda stays in your mind and ruins your mood.  I'm consciously trying to mentally block negative things or Comments or opinions because the internet can be such a toxic place most of the time 

I want to spend time online because it actually makes me feel better and I like to explore different things, it helps with my mental growth so logging off is not an option. 

The only thing I wish to avoid is all the negative things and negativity that some people bring 

I like harmonious environments. 

What are some tips that I can use to avoid the negativity from impacting me and how can I involuntarily and subconsciously block it from my mind after reading it especially when there is no option or unread or block such people or comments 

Thanks. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India thanks this topic was blocked and removed

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

What I noticed is that no matter what I read there is nobody throwing emotions at me which means that the difficult emotions are generated from inside. What I'm trying to do is to feel the emotions fully, heal (because these comments are helping to heal) and then get to a point where I can read them without being impacted by them. Also, reading them with a different tone of voice may help.

You can’t block negativity, only move toward positivity

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

you are trying to do the impossible 

you can never stop negativity or avoid it 

learn to tolerate it and learn to distinguish between pure negativity for negativity sake or valid criticism or an opinion that you don't like or agree with 

(hint best strategy for this is inner skepticism and open-mindedness )

people who get offended by this usually don't have strong integrity in their beliefs 

and for the pure trolls and idiots 

just ignore them 

or examine what they are saying 

if what they are saying about you or IT is true then that's the truth that's reality 

if not then it won't change anything about reality so why bother with them?

(watch leos video n how to deal with trolls )

It's not the response you've asked for, but thought to share anyway: I've got into the thought of being appreciative when coming across something that gives rise to resistance in me, because that means there is something I can heal/let go there. Not thanking the negativity itself, but the situation/opportunity.

It’s also; if you are offended and become angry just because someone calls you a “prude” or anything similar. Regardless if they are right or wrong on  that judgment; if that little thing already makes you lose your temper you have more inner work to do. By not taking everything so personal; learn to let words slide off of you. In stead of hyper focus on every little thing.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

you can't block negativity/negative comments on the internet, it falls mostly under free speech

the only way is to not read comments

i read much less comments on youtube and on newspaper articles now because of the negativity

Sterilization is not posible nor ideal. Try to get in the Scene and read a lot . I am the kind of person that you would like to block. I would go on and say  things like Hamlets rape of Ophelia maybe wasn't bad afterall? 

Remember you want to act selfish.