Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flowerfaeiry

God gave itself to itself

28 posts in this topic

And that is where gratitude comes from...

I was thinking about who we are saying "thank you" to like, when we see something beautiful in a psychedelic trip (for example), or nature. And this came to mind. 

I realized that when I say thank you, I am saying thank you to God, my higher self. 

Sometimes, the magnitude of the blessing leaves nothing left to be said except thank you, thank you, thank you. 

"You Create Magic" 

Thank you! ❤️ 

Love imagining itself to be separate from love in order to maybe get a glimpse of its own beauty.

Well, minus the “in order to” — it doesn’t even need a reason. ❤️ 

Edited by The0Self

Become so conscious of yourself as God that there's no longer anyone left to thank ;)

Notice that thanking requires an other who doesn't already understanding the goodness being done.

There is a subtle duality inherent to thanking, just as there is a subtle duality inherent to praying.

Close the loop so fully that God intercepts your thank you before it even arises in your mind.

And then, silence.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Flowerfaeiry Cultivating appreciation is a simple but very powerful practice. That practice by itself can transform your life in profound ways. 

27 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

And that is where gratitude comes from...

I was thinking about who we are saying "thank you" to like, when we see something beautiful in a psychedelic trip (for example), or nature. And this came to mind. 

I realized that when I say thank you, I am saying thank you to God, my higher self. 

Sometimes, the magnitude of the blessing leaves nothing left to be said except thank you, thank you, thank you. 

There isn't a lower self or a higher self, they are both the same illusion of self.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Close the loop so fully that God intercepts your thank you before it even arises in your mind.

Thank you, that is really beautiful. 

1 hour ago, Matthew85 said:

Cultivating appreciation is a simple but very powerful practice. That practice by itself can transform your life in profound ways. 

I have experienced so much goodness through a gratitude practice. 

"You Create Magic" 

On 9/24/2021 at 10:57 PM, Flowerfaeiry said:

I have experienced so much goodness through a gratitude practice. 

@Flowerfaeiry Me too! Many blessings, insights and fun synchronicities unfolded in my life once I began to make appreciation a daily focus. 

Edited by Matthew85

Anyone got "God"s phone #:  i'd like to ask him a few questions personally, without interpret$$$ in between...

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Become so conscious of yourself as God that there's no longer anyone left to thank ;)

Notice that thanking requires an other who doesn't already understanding the goodness being done.

There is a subtle duality inherent to thanking, just as there is a subtle duality inherent to praying.

And then, silence.

i wake up daily falling on to my knees with heart pounding thankfulness

that is undirected but pulsating wildly

that i am undeservedly graced with a couple more breaths to get the coveted assignment right

that i wasn't snatched away - as many indeed were - from this glorious tapestry mid dream

that i step majestically into fullness of life and wonder and mystery if only slowly unerringly inexorably

that i may - yes - only have this one day to breathe this sweet oxygen that is divine love but i will expend it to the supreme maximum

that i am humbled and chastened and oh so awed by this spectacular gift of ever expanding earth shattering god like consciousness

that is me!

3 hours ago, Egzoset said:

Anyone got "God"s phone #:  i'd like to ask him a few questions personally, without interpret$$$ in between...

You can call any time.

Don't you know your own number?

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Would you say that such dualities can effectively be used as a 'gateway towards' god?

It's sorta like a Kriya Parvastha. After praying or thanking, there comes about a profound silence. It feels like emptying your cup.

7 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

Would you say that such dualities can effectively be used as a 'gateway towards' god?

It's sorta like a Kriya Parvastha. After praying or thanking, there comes about a profound silence. It feels like emptying your cup.

Maybe, I don't want to shit on your parade. Maybe a profound silence comes. But a profound silence is not God-realization.

If you were truly God-realizing you would not be praying or thanking anyone, you would simply be too astounded by your own Self.

Be careful playing spiritual games. There is a lot of spiritual game-playing going around which will keep you from God-realization.

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe, I don't want to shit on your parade. Maybe a profound silence comes. But a profound silence is not God-realization.

Hmm, I see. I thought that maybe profound silence is the 'gateway', which eventually leads to God-realization. That's probably too much thought already.

40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you were truly God-realizing you would not be praying or thanking anyone, you would simply be too astounded by your own Self.

As I was deeply immersed in my last shroom trip, I was so amazed by the love that I felt, that I just wanted to dive deeper, and deeper, and deeper. I was totally ready to 'die' for it. So, it rings true that you're just too astounded by yourself to even think about thanking anyone.

Nevertheless, thankfulness and appreciation for what is (=thus, being with it; 'going prior'), might just work like your bathtub analogy: Every day, put one drop of water into your bathtub. One day, it will be full. But I might be misapplying the analogy here.

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Be careful playing spiritual games. There is a lot of spiritual game-playing going around which will keep you from God-realization.

Yes, you're right.

5 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

I thought that maybe profound silence is the 'gateway', which eventually leads to God-realization.

Profound silence is not good enough. What's required is a radical upgrade in your state of consciousness.

As I was deeply immersed in my last shroom trip, I was so amazed by the love that I felt, that I just wanted to dive deeper, and deeper, and deeper. I was totally ready to 'die' for it. So, it rings true that you're just too astounded by yourself to even think about thanking anyone.

Yup

Nevertheless, thankfulness and appreciation for what is (=thus, being with it; 'going prior'), might just work like your bathtub analogy: Every day, put one drop of water into your bathtub. One day, it will be full. But I might be misapplying the analogy here.

Of course gratitude is an important preparatory practice. It's far better than being an ingrate, which is what most people are.

The more conscious you become the more you appreciate reality. This is just Self-Love.

God is Self-Love.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Profound silence is not good enough. What's required is a radical upgrade in your state of consciousness.

I see a lot of people, especially those more or less stuck in their gurus teachings, talking about "quieting the mind" or "a quiet mind" being the goal of meditation. As if the mind was the enemy.

I've come to see that the mind is more like a tool of creation. Why try to make it quiet? It's just frustrating to meditate and try to achieve a quiet state. It's a lot more fun and IME useful to focus on positive, loving and joyful thoughts. That seems to lead to deeper realizations and insights more easily. Quite literally even realizing "my mind" is a delusion, and especially "my quiet mind".

What do you think about this? Is the mind a tool of creation, or an obstacle?

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

5 minutes ago, roopepa said:

I see a lot of people, especially those more or less stuck in their gurus teachings, talking about "quieting the mind" or "a quiet mind" being the goal of meditation. As if the mind was the enemy.

I've come to see that the mind is more like a tool of creation. Why try to make it quiet? It's just frustrating to meditate and try to achieve a quiet state. It's a lot more fun and IME useful to focus on positive, loving and joyful thoughts. That seems to lead to deeper realizations and insights more easily. Quite literally even realizing "my mind" is a delusion, and especially "my quiet mind".

What do you think about this? Is the mind a tool of creation, or an obstacle?

In practice quieting the mind is necessary when a tool like psychedelics isn't available.

But of course there is no absolute reason why a quiet mind is necessary for God-realization. You could realize God with a busy mind. But you're not likely to without psychedelics.

Yes, certain kinds of visualization techniques would also be used. Plenty of traditions work that way, which is not a quiet mind. But it is a focused mind.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura I agree. Gratitude or thanking someone can sometimes have a little lack of deservability in it. I prefer appreciation. Appreciation is recognizing the beauty, wonder and value of something. 

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, I noticed this one day when I was writing things I was thankful for. I thought, wait a minute, who am I thanking? That is when I decided to focus more on appreciation. 

2 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

@Leo Gura I agree. Gratitude or thanking someone can sometimes have a little lack of deservability in it. I prefer appreciation. Appreciation is recognizing the beauty, wonder and value of something. 

19 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

Yes, I noticed this one day when I was writing things I was thankful for. I thought, wait a minute, who am I thanking? That is when I decided to focus more on appreciation. 

Gratitude doesn't necessarily have anything to do with duality. It can seem to, but even then I can't really think of anything more powerful than gratitude... Except for maybe humility. Or futility. I don't know... When liberation apparently happens, gratitude is about all that's left -- it survives the apparent collapse of duality. I mean... So does basically everything else though, except for maybe guilt and shame and self-hate and self-esteem etc... But the thing is, gratitude is likely to be rather extremely prominent. In the dream, gratitude is just about the fastest way to so-called "higher states."