Afonso

Advice For 5-meo-dmt Trip

63 posts in this topic

I've been following Actualized.org for a year or two, and after watching Leo's videos on enlightenment and 5-MeO-DMT, I thought to give it a shot.

After hours and hours and hours of research, I finally got my hands on 500mg of 5-MeO-DMT, the HCl version.

I've re-watched the 5-MeO video and at some point, Leo says only people over 21 should experiment with this substance. I wonder if this is due to health issues or emotional stability issues.

I'm 17 by the way. I'm thinking about starting with the really low dosages and working up from there.

Any advice before I try this out? Thanks!

Nice dude. That's exciting. 21+ recommendation is probably for mental health, emotional stability and the fact that the brain is still heavily developing around that age.

I used psychedelics at your age. You should be fine, but definitely do not do 5meo or other psychedelics often, and take great spaces inbetween for you to integrate it and let your brain rest and do its thing. My mistake was using them too often, without space inbetween and not taking care of my health and well being. It does come with its costs. For that reason I would never approve of anyone around that age using them. Still, here you are, doing your thing. 

Have not used 5meo dmt myself, but have tried the other DMT in a few different forms. My guess is that it doesn't compare. I wish you the best of luck brother. 

6 minutes ago, Afonso said:

Any advice before I try this out? Thanks!

Yeah, hold on to your MOTHERFUCKIN horses.

That, and make sure you only ever engage with the substance when you're in a great head-space, Don't take substances on a whim, only after having decided ahead of time. Make sure you're feeling physically well and your environment is great and you won't have intruders.

I assume since you are well researched on the substance, you are familiar with the idea of set and setting when it comes to psychedelics? 

5 minutes ago, Arman said:

Nice dude. That's exciting. 21+ recommendation is probably for mental health, emotional stability and the fact that the brain is still heavily developing around that age.

I used psychedelics at your age. You should be fine, but definitely do not do 5meo or other psychedelics often, and take great spaces inbetween for you to integrate it and let your brain rest and do its thing. My mistake was using them too often, without space inbetween and not taking care of my health and well being. It does come with its costs. For that reason I would never approve of anyone around that age using them. Still, here you are, doing your thing. 

Have not used 5meo dmt myself, but have tried the other DMT in a few different forms. My guess is that it doesn't compare. I wish you the best of luck brother. 

Yeah, hold on to your MOTHERFUCKIN horses.

That, and make sure you only ever engage with the substance when you're in a great head-space, Don't take substances on a whim, only after having decided ahead of time. Make sure you're feeling physically well and your environment is great and you won't have intruders.

I assume since you are well researched on the substance, you are familiar with the idea of set and setting when it comes to psychedelics? 

Not really. I'm not really into psychedelics, but I'm dying to know the Truth.

6 minutes ago, Afonso said:

A large determinant of whether psychedelic experiences are positive or negative, is set and setting. 

This generally comes down to where you are, how you feel, who is around you, and what is going to be happening. These are the important factors. So simply, make sure you are in an isolated place where your mum or dad isn't going to come barging in... unless they're really cool. The last thing you want is to start coughing while you're blasted into hyperspace and your dad walks in to see if you're OK and thinks you're having an epileptic seizure or something. 

Make sure you're not having a bad day, that you're not in a scared place or anything like that. Just common sense. Stay hydrated and eat clean. 

good luck discovering The Truth. write it down on a napkin in case you forget it. ;) 

From what i've heard other people saying, it seems that doing some 'lighter' psychedelics first (mushrooms, lsd) is a very good idea. My guess is that if you've never done mushrooms, or even some stimulants like MDMA then using the 5-Meo might be slightly on the dangerous side. Personally I won't be doing 5-Meo until i've experimented with mushrooms and LSD a bit more, which i'm currently doing. That's just me, you might be completely ready for it. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Guys, telling someone who is not even of drinking age in most countries around the world that this is a good idea is just crazy if not sick. See this is what I'm talking about elsewhere on this forum. Afonso, bro, you need to learn to walk before you can run and sometimes that involves a little bit of good old living experience and all that goes with it. Life is the great teacher, it's better than any white powder at teaching you all you need to know, and no chemicals whatsoever are needed to become enlightened, it's just something a few people are into.

1 hour ago, Afonso said:

if you want to know the truth to be a better person or to run away from your personal problems, you'll be crushed.

i recommend a meditation routine and some advaita study first. after a few years, MAYBE you'll be ready for it.

unborn Truth

Just now, ajasatya said:

if you want to know the truth to be a better person or to run away from your personal problems, you'll be crushed.

i recommend a meditation routine and some advaita study first. after a few years, MAYBE you'll be ready for it.

I want to know it just from pure curiosity. I already follow a meditation routine.

Edited by Afonso

Isn't the Mooji Ashram in Portugal somewhere? Maybe you could attend some meetings there if truth is what you want?

4 minutes ago, Afonso said:

I want to know it just from pure curiosity.

what is it that wants to know? what is it that is curious?

if you can't feel these questions yet, dedicate more time to meditation.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

Alfonso, please consider finding an experienced sitter first - don't dive into this greatest of leaps alone for your first time.

Hey... there is no great hurry - you have a lot of time ahead in your life!

At least Afonso had the intelligence and maturity to post in here for advice. There could be young people we don't even know about, sat right now and forever more in some institution in a distant land rocking back and forth in their chair staring into space with occasional visits from people they don't recognise who call themselves mom and dad.

It can be beneficial or temporarily creating an even more wobbly life, it just depends on how ready you are.

How much do you meditate now and for how long has that been going on? 

just do it, its not that big a deal.

I found normal dmt far more intense than 5-meo-dmt. dmt was the first psychedelic i done and i found it abit traumatic at the time, but had good long term effects.

1 hour ago, bobbyward said:

I found normal dmt far more intense than 5-meo-dmt. dmt was the first psychedelic i done and i found it abit traumatic at the time, but had good long term effects.

Sounds like a low dose of 5-MeO.

2 hours ago, bobbyward said:

Comes back after two months to say "just do it" where someone genuinely asks for advice. I wonder if he was on drugs when he posted his thoughtful reply.

@Afonso The 21+ guideline was to ensure that you don't do something stupid as you experiment with such powerful substances.

Like I've heard some people on this forum voice hair-brained ideas like trying 5-meo in a swimming pool.

And even if you don't do anything that stupid, for you the challenge will be integrating the experience, so your whole life doesn't unravel.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@AlwaysBeNice it was about 15mg, although i am sceptical of the quality of it.

@Neo it seems like you are anti drugs, have you done these substances yourself, or have you been brain washed into thinking all illegal drugs are bad for you.